Code of Conduct

Default L'eau Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

OMG! I was floored when I found out about this fragrance from Lolita Lempicka official site. As a huge fan of LL house as I am, I'm so happy to see their new creation for men. This is the information I find on the site.

L'EAU AU MASCULIN

A fragrance for men seeking the essentiel

Nature as anchor point, water as symbol…
    L’Eau au Masculin is the fragrance of Men who are pure at heart, of men seeking the essential.
    An effervescent and spicy Eau de Toilette Eau de Toilette with the piquant clarity of Violet Wood.

FRAGRANCE

The piquant clarity of Violette Wood

Like a craving for the effervescence of water…
    It is an intense fragrance, infused with a remarkable burst of freshness in which Man is invited to plunge in and emerge with a heart purer still.

A Spicy, Woody Citrus harmony with a fine stylistic composition :
    In the top notes, Pink Peppercorn and Verbena create an original sensation of freshness.
    In the heart notes, Jasmine and Violet Wood create an impression of subtlety and sophistication.
    In the base notes, Javanese Vetiver and Olive Wood leave behind the memory of an intense, elegant and modern fragrant trail that lingers on the skin.

BOTTLE

A metallic green bottle radiant with light

Vibrant green, the bottle has the beauty of a tree carved out of rock crystal, entwined with ivy leaves sprinkled with metallic flecks. The metal top is engraved with a bark-like effect.

Trace of a true elegance, the bottle comes with a box stamped with the unmistakeable Homme Lolita Lempicka symbols (a metallic heart) and lined with a paisley design in shades of grey-green

TALE

The Nature of Man

Through L’Eau au Masculin, Lolita Lempicka shares, again, an isight about Men, that reveals their true Nature, combination of strength and purity.

To embody this duality, she chooses an original aspect of Naure: Water. An eau that is intense, sparkling, offering a new take on masculinity, alchemical mix of contrasts, modern and timeless…

It seems that they've already sold this on the site. Have anyone has a chance to try it?
    Last edited by jasonx; 7th May 2010 at 02:01 PM.

Default Re: L'eau Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

You floored me too! Thanks for letting us know. I am a HUGE fan of au Masculin and can't wait to get this. Is it a flanker? So close in style to AM. The official site only delivers within France :-(

If any knows how to get this in the US, please let us know.

In Romania is available, I tested it 2 weeks ago .It's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    In Romania is available, I tested it 2 weeks ago .It's wonderful.
    Does it follow the gourmandy path of other LL fragrances or this is more of a citrusy/fresh scent Ciprian?

Been waiting for a new release from this house. This is a good news. I have both Au Masculin and Au Masculin Fraiche, both are really seductive.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY911 View Post
    You floored me too! Thanks for letting us know. I am a HUGE fan of au Masculin and can't wait to get this. Is it a flanker? So close in style to AM. The official site only delivers within France :-(

If any knows how to get this in the US, please let us know.
    This is a flanker to LLaM. However, I think this would smell different as LLaM eau fraicheur to the original LLaM.

I'm a bit disappointed in the bottle though. Because they re-use the aftershave bottle and just recolor it.

I think LL is very uncreative in term of bottles for their men fragrances.
    Last edited by jasonx; 7th May 2010 at 05:30 PM.

I seriously like the bottle even if its the same style as LLAM . Im not the kind to go crazy for something I haven't sniff yet but Im gonna try this.

bottle looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Does it follow the gourmandy path of other LL fragrances or this is more of a citrusy/fresh scent Ciprian?
    Actually is not that gourmand and not fresh .It's more green and woody notes with just a hint of sweetness in the middle.This is what I felt when I tested it.

I like LLaM eau fraicheur but not the original, which was too strong. With this one, it sounds like they are really getting you ready for heavy violet, so I'll try it at Sephora if I get the opportunity but don't have much interest otherwise (I enjoy Paul Smith's London for men, which has clear but subtle violet).

I'm excited about this too and am looking forward to testing it.
    I wonder who the nose is.
    I love the bottle. I think the original has one of the most beautiful bottles ever. The color scheme is eye-candy to me. The new one is beautiful to me. One shouldn't compare it to the after shave bottle--that's not nearly as detailed.
    Last edited by Renaissance_Man; 9th May 2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: spelling

What do Violet Wood and Japanese Vetiver smell like, I wonder?
    Renato

Actually is not that gourmand and not fresh .It's more green and woody notes with just a hint of sweetness in the middle.This is what I felt when I tested it.
    Sounds like something I'd love, would you possibly be able to compare it to any other frags?

Well,unfortunately I haven't tried many green,woody frags but I have a sample of Divine-Eau divine (which I like so much) and definitely feel similar notes in it. I can't think of any other fragrance,sorry.

Sur la Plage

Sounds interesting - I'm looking forward to trying it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Really looking forward to this. The original is my go-to scent for going out, and I find that it mixes REALLY well with l'eau d'Issey after Issey has been on for a few hours (the only layering combo I use)
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Got it yesterday blind in some hole-in-the-wall shop in the fragrance district in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Got it yesterday blind in some hole-in-the-wall shop in the fragrance district in NYC.
    Hope to hear your input on it
    Last edited by jasonx; 8th May 2010 at 03:37 PM.

thanks for the info - I really like the bottle update and the notes sound interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by hednic
    You lucky dawg! I'm in NYC too. If you don't mind me asking, what store did you find this in? Did they have any more? I'm dying to try this!

Anymore input on this scent guys?

NEED MORE REVIEWS PLEASE!

Someone put up a review of this!

I keep googling this trying to find somewhere to buy this in the US...anyone got any leads?

Not particularly sure if L'eau Au Masculin is circulated globally yet, although it says it is a 2010 release, I have no idea when! If they're already selling it on the official website, I don't understand why it's not in the online stores!

Just sayin, the bottle looks amazing, don't care if it's a repaint or rework of the aftershave Au Masculin but certainly looks good

By looking at the notes, I don't think it'll be a flanker actually, I think it'll be more like Ice Men is to A*Men

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Someone put up a review of this!
    I will once I snag a sample of it! Really looking forward to this one. Big fan of Au Masculin.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Looks interesting. As far as the original, I prefer Armani code for the licorice note but as it is been a while since I've tested it, I might like the licorice and barley in Au Masculine....who knows.

The difference between le male and au masculine is that the wormwood in le male was replaced with barely and licorice. At least that is my point of view. Both contain vanilla.
    Last edited by Scentologist; 5th June 2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Bought this yesterday. One word review: Fantastic.

First impressions: This is a predominantly woody green scent. The notes that come through clearly for me are the lemon (verbana), jasmine (sans indoles) and vetiver. Violet is present but not the in-your-face note of Grey Flannel and Green Irish Tweed. L'EAM reminds me slightly of Caron's 3rd Man, but (horrors!) more substantial and not as floral. It also reminds me of Boucheron pour Homme Fraicheur (2004). This is a totally different, non-gourmand scent from Au Masculin and the Fraicheur, so much that i wonder why the name and associative bottle. Longevity and sillage are substantial.

This frag has dented my bias against modern releases, and i strongly believe this is going to be a very successful release by LL. I can't wait to give L'EAM a full wearing.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Can't wait for it to be available here in NZ! I love the original, seems like this one will be a successful offering by one of my favourite houses!

Anyone know if it's already available online?

It's already hit Scentiments. Tempted to buy it blind for $50.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Bought this yesterday. One word review: Fantastic.

First impressions: This is a predominantly woody green scent.
    You had me at "woody green". I want to try this now!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think it has a bit of Au Masculin sweetness but it doesn't last longer than Au Masculin. What do you think about longevity perfaddict? Anyway ,like I said it's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    It's already hit Scentiments. Tempted to buy it blind for $50.
    Can you send me the link? I've check Scentiments but cannot find the fragrance

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I think it has a bit of Au Masculin sweetness but it doesn't last longer than Au Masculin. What do you think about longevity perfaddict? Anyway ,like I said it's wonderful.
    I got over 10 hours longevity on skin from a full wear on a day at the office.

Au Masculine's sweetness is anise-driven. L'Eau definitely does not have any anise.

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I got over 10 hours longevity on skin from a full wear on a day at the office.

Au Masculine's sweetness is anise-driven. L'Eau definitely does not have any anise.
    Hey perfaddict!

May I bother you to write up a review on this fragrance?

Any does anyone know any international online sites which are selling this now?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    ....May I bother you to write up a review on this fragrance? ...
    Will do, soon, when i get to know it a bit more.

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Can you send me the link? I've check Scentiments but cannot find the fragrance
    http://www.scentiments.com/Product/S...aspx?id=102402
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

So I finally have a hold of this one today. To me it's unmistakable LLaM. L'eau opens really similar to LLaM, lighter, but the minty, licorice candy vibe is still there. I'm left with disappointment thinking, damn, I don't need a water down version of LLaM! However, after 2 hours of being a water down version of LLaM, L'eau suddenly turns green. I begin to smell the lemon - I don't like the smell of lemon but this one is one of the most enjoyable lemony smell to my nose. Then the white floral kicks in softly. And the star of the show - vetiver - shows up leading the whole fragrance to a totally different direction. The minty, licorice candy smell is in the background the whole time playing the supporting role to other notes. It keeps L'eau related to LLaM and keeps the vetiver from being too sour or too earthy.

I see Paul Smith Story mentioned above. So just take the vetiver from Story, clean up its earthiness, push it to the front, shine some more spotlights on it, and put LLaM in the background to support the whole combo then you'll have L'eau.

L'eau is young, bright, airy, a little more elegant than its older brothers and unmistakably green but a very very interesting green. I'll classify it as a floral green with a little gourmandy vibe throw in.

As most of Lolita Lempicka fragrances, L'eau smells unisex and I think women can pull it off too.

Regarding the bottle, I wish they recolor the original like they did with Forbidden Flower instead of using the aftershave bottle like this. The bottle is shiny and colored beautifully in person but it looks cheap shape-wise when standing next to LLaM and LLaM Fraicheur.

There's one thing that so strange about L'eau though. That the vetiver only stays in the sillage, if you sniff close to the spot you spray the fragrance, all you get is the same old water down LLaM.

I'm not going out today so I'm not really sure about the longevity and sillage of L'eau but it do project quite well and last at least 7 hours on my arm.
    Last edited by jasonx; 9th September 2010 at 08:07 PM.

OOh, this really IS exciting!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Could this be a longer lasting Paul Smith for Men? Woody green with Violet in the middle and Vetiver in the base?

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Could this be a longer lasting Paul Smith for Men? Woody green with Violet in the middle and Vetiver in the base?
    I don't think this one lasts longer then Story cuz on me Story last for more than 24 hours

To me this is a lighter summer version of the original very short lived on this skin you are lucky if you can get a 3 hours from the fragrance.

Anyone else mind sharing your opinion (overall scent, sillage, longevity, etc.) on this fragrance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Anyone else mind sharing your opinion (overall scent, sillage, longevity, etc.) on this fragrance?

Thanks
    Anybody have a few words about this?

Bringing this one up again Guys.

Would this work as a summer fragrance?
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO it sure would.

Thanks Hednic,

I wasn't sure if it would be too sweet or cloying. I know the name suggests different but better I ask. This sure does look interesting.
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very nice scent but longevity is poor on my skin. Opening is a little bit different but after 5 minutes it takes you to another world like the original LLAM.

If you like the LLAM you should try this one also. I love Lolita Lempicka fragrances. I am a big fan of Annick Menardo who was the nose behind original LLAM. I wonder who is the nose this time.

I give it a 8/10.