Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: L'eau Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Bought this yesterday. One word review: Fantastic.

First impressions: This is a predominantly woody green scent.
    You had me at "woody green". I want to try this now!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think it has a bit of Au Masculin sweetness but it doesn't last longer than Au Masculin. What do you think about longevity perfaddict? Anyway ,like I said it's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    It's already hit Scentiments. Tempted to buy it blind for $50.
    Can you send me the link? I've check Scentiments but cannot find the fragrance

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    I think it has a bit of Au Masculin sweetness but it doesn't last longer than Au Masculin. What do you think about longevity perfaddict? Anyway ,like I said it's wonderful.
    I got over 10 hours longevity on skin from a full wear on a day at the office.

Au Masculine's sweetness is anise-driven. L'Eau definitely does not have any anise.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    I got over 10 hours longevity on skin from a full wear on a day at the office.

Au Masculine's sweetness is anise-driven. L'Eau definitely does not have any anise.
    Hey perfaddict!

May I bother you to write up a review on this fragrance?

Any does anyone know any international online sites which are selling this now?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    ....May I bother you to write up a review on this fragrance? ...
    Will do, soon, when i get to know it a bit more.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    Can you send me the link? I've check Scentiments but cannot find the fragrance
    http://www.scentiments.com/Product/S...aspx?id=102402
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

So I finally have a hold of this one today. To me it's unmistakable LLaM. L'eau opens really similar to LLaM, lighter, but the minty, licorice candy vibe is still there. I'm left with disappointment thinking, damn, I don't need a water down version of LLaM! However, after 2 hours of being a water down version of LLaM, L'eau suddenly turns green. I begin to smell the lemon - I don't like the smell of lemon but this one is one of the most enjoyable lemony smell to my nose. Then the white floral kicks in softly. And the star of the show - vetiver - shows up leading the whole fragrance to a totally different direction. The minty, licorice candy smell is in the background the whole time playing the supporting role to other notes. It keeps L'eau related to LLaM and keeps the vetiver from being too sour or too earthy.

I see Paul Smith Story mentioned above. So just take the vetiver from Story, clean up its earthiness, push it to the front, shine some more spotlights on it, and put LLaM in the background to support the whole combo then you'll have L'eau.

L'eau is young, bright, airy, a little more elegant than its older brothers and unmistakably green but a very very interesting green. I'll classify it as a floral green with a little gourmandy vibe throw in.

As most of Lolita Lempicka fragrances, L'eau smells unisex and I think women can pull it off too.

Regarding the bottle, I wish they recolor the original like they did with Forbidden Flower instead of using the aftershave bottle like this. The bottle is shiny and colored beautifully in person but it looks cheap shape-wise when standing next to LLaM and LLaM Fraicheur.

There's one thing that so strange about L'eau though. That the vetiver only stays in the sillage, if you sniff close to the spot you spray the fragrance, all you get is the same old water down LLaM.

I'm not going out today so I'm not really sure about the longevity and sillage of L'eau but it do project quite well and last at least 7 hours on my arm.
    Last edited by jasonx; 9th September 2010 at 08:07 PM.

OOh, this really IS exciting!
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.
    Currently wearing: Zizonia by Penhaligon's

Could this be a longer lasting Paul Smith for Men? Woody green with Violet in the middle and Vetiver in the base?

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Could this be a longer lasting Paul Smith for Men? Woody green with Violet in the middle and Vetiver in the base?
    I don't think this one lasts longer then Story cuz on me Story last for more than 24 hours

To me this is a lighter summer version of the original very short lived on this skin you are lucky if you can get a 3 hours from the fragrance.

Anyone else mind sharing your opinion (overall scent, sillage, longevity, etc.) on this fragrance?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Anyone else mind sharing your opinion (overall scent, sillage, longevity, etc.) on this fragrance?

Thanks
    Anybody have a few words about this?

Bringing this one up again Guys.

Would this work as a summer fragrance?
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO it sure would.

Thanks Hednic,

I wasn't sure if it would be too sweet or cloying. I know the name suggests different but better I ask. This sure does look interesting.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a very nice scent but longevity is poor on my skin. Opening is a little bit different but after 5 minutes it takes you to another world like the original LLAM.

If you like the LLAM you should try this one also. I love Lolita Lempicka fragrances. I am a big fan of Annick Menardo who was the nose behind original LLAM. I wonder who is the nose this time.

I give it a 8/10.