Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Best Rosine Perfume?

Whats the best and stronges Les parfums de Rosine fragance?

i have one now but im not satisfied with it and want to sell it...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Rosine Perfume?

My recommendation is to buy the sample set-- only 18 Euros and that includes S&H. Then you can find the one you like best.

http://www.les-parfums-de-rosine.com...php?id_prod=67

My personal favorite is Diabolo Rose, and I find it lasts well enough on me; some don't have this experience with it. So this would probably not be your first choice.

Rose Kashmirie is quite long lasting and strong. Rose d'Amour, Rosa Flemenca and Rose de Feu are also heavier; I think the newer Secrets de Rose must also be longer-lasting based on the notes. Poussiere de Rose is somewhere in the middle for durability, if memory serves me. Twill Rose is strong and masculine.

I notice you have Rose d'Été-- yes that is one of the lighter ones. So are Un Zest de Rose, Zephir de Rose and Écume de Rose.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 7th May 2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: tags

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried many of them -- and none of them are very realistic roses, to tell you the whole truth. Wearing their scents for me is equivalent to looking at the world through the rose colored glasses and wearing your pink nightgown with small and tickly ruffles in public. Pretty -- yes. And how!

My favorite is La Rose -- a lush and transparent rose on the pillow of violets and irises. Nothing of YSL Paris's and flunkers' aplomb, though. I have had Roseberry on my To Try list for the longest time, and I have not had the chance yet. If somebody has some shareable amounts, please let me know.

Some general advice -- on top of 30R.'s Sample Pack -- try other houses altogether. Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose, Annick Goutal -- several including Tonight or Never. Try Advanced Search for the Best Rose Fragrance for ideas.

My favorites are Rosa Flamenca and Une Folie de Rose (a chypre, heavy on the patchouli)

Post Thanks / Like

okay yes i thought about rose kashmerie too! havent tried it yet but if the staying power is better then i rather have that one, just need to get rid of d'ete
    then.. :-(

I've tried several of these.

I like Rose Kashmerie, but it is more about saffron than rose itself. It's worth trying if you like saffron. The staying power is pretty good on me. I agree that they are not "realistic" or straightforward roses.

My personal favorite so far has been Rose Praline. The name implies something very sweet, but this is surprisingly refreshing on me; not a lot of chocolate to speak of.
    Last edited by catnip_too; 12th May 2010 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only tried one - Une Folie De Rose. It's not really my style - a green, tangy chypre in the vein of L'Ombre Dans L'Eau ( though not that sharp ) and Fleurs de Bulgarie ( though not soapy ), but that being said, it was quite good and I'd recommend it to those who enjoy that kind of fragrance.

This is one these fragrance lines I keep on meaning to get around to trying, but never seem to. After a typical white floral binge ( though more of those will appear in future, I'm sure ), I'm in the mood for roses again, so I will have to amend that.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    My recommendation is to buy the sample set-- only 18 Euros and that includes S&H. Then you can find the one you like best.

http://www.les-parfums-de-rosine.com...php?id_prod=67
    I tried ordering the samples and each time the website rejected my perfectly valid credit card that works everywhere else. They request a password, which is not something associated with a normal US credit card. What is up with that? Anybody else have a problem trying to place an order?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Doc Elly,

Do you think they just wanted you to create a password for the Rosine website?

It's been several years since I ordered my samples so I don't recall whether I had to create a user password for Rosine, but I know I've sometimes had to create a password when ordering from other websites.

Edit: I've been thinking more about your question. I recall they used a secure third-party payment processor, and after I paid a message appeared stating that the vendor (i.e. Rosine) would be notified that payment had been received. So maybe the password you have to create is for the third party payer (sort of like PayPal.)
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 13th May 2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: more information