Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Amouage Dia Man

Just smelled Amouage Dia Man and it's excellent, but too expensive for me. Is there a similar more inexpensive scent.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Freddddy; 8th May 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Default Re: Similar to Amouage Dia

Funny, not an overly interesting scent but I can't recall smelling anything like it. Try to find a decant as a suggestion.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Lalique pour Homme (Lion) EDT reminds me of Dia anytime i wear it. They are different, definitely, but they share some vibes.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Some have mentioned Chanel #5 to be similar. I guess its the Rose and Aldehydes. But I cant vouch for this as I haven't smelled #5 in ages.

edit : Since it was actually Dia you meant I have no idea I've not come across anything else like it. Perhaps get a decant.
    Last edited by Futami; 9th May 2010 at 07:46 AM.

I have it and like it but could not guess at anything similar. My experience with this is you should either save up and buy it, or buy 8ml decants from The Perfumed Court.

I won't go off on a rant here, but if you really like Amouage Dia Man, then you really like Amouage Dia Man. Buying something similar is not going to be the same. There are countless threads about how Cool Water smells JUST LIKE Green Irish Tweed. As such, many think there are cheaper "smell alikes" for anything they like but can't afford. I doubt this is true with Dia Man. Someone else may weigh in with something that smells similar for less money.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 8th May 2010 at 08:21 PM.

Smile Re: Similar to Amouage Dia Man

Ohh....sorry guys, i meant Amouage Dia Man . I realize right now and changed the name of the thread.
    Last edited by Freddddy; 8th May 2010 at 09:37 PM.

Default Re: Similar to Amouage Dia Man

Good question!

You might also try Pascal Morabito Or Black. Just to be clear, it does not smell like Dia Man and is not a replacement for it. But I think there's enough of a vague thematic similarity that someone who likes one may like the other. They're both fairly austere, dusty fragrances with a hint of leather and with delectable drydowns.

This is a bit different but it's dry, dusty, incensey, and yet still smooth and subdued. It's not as lush or opulent as Dia Man, but I like this scent much much more, personally.

I'm talking about Les Nez's Let Me Play the Lion.

Alternatively, just order say, 5 official samples of Dia from Parfums Raffy. That'll give you 10ml of juice for about $30. Given that you don't need to spray much, 10ml should last a long time. (The great thing about the official samples is that per ml they are essentially the same price as the bottle, so you can "buy as much as you need" without getting gouged as you normally would when you buy small amounts.)
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 9th May 2010 at 08:46 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Nothing like it, I'm afraid!

Thanks guys. Well i have to accept the facts that i can't have something like Amouage Dia Men, for now
    Last edited by Freddddy; 9th May 2010 at 08:12 PM.

Freddddy, you're relatively new and we don't know you well yet.

Can you say what you liked about it? It is a nice scent, but it isn't the be all, end all. What other fragrances do you like?

You seem to have a lot of posts looking for frags that smell similar to other very expensive frags. Just focus on the scents you like and don't worry what else they smell like as long as you can afford them.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 9th May 2010 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Freddddy, you're relatively new and we don't know you well yet.

Can you say what you liked about it? It is a nice scent, but it isn't the be all, end all. What other fragrances do you like?

You seem to have a lot of posts looking for frags that smell similar to other very expensive frags. Just focus on the scents you like and don't worry what else they smell like as long as you can afford them.
    About the other scent that i like, well orental woody scents like Bvl Black,Bvl Notte, John Varvatos, L'instant. I also like Rochas Men (but don't like A*men and Le Male), Body Kouros, Aigner Black, Dior Homme, Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci, some vetiver scents like Lalique Encre Noire, Kenzo Air. Here and here some fresh scent like Essenza di Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna and Perry Ellis 360 Red for Men.
    This is about the designers house. About niche - i've tasted some of Montale's fragrances, some Creed, some Bond No.9, some Comme des Garsons, some Amouage, L'Artisan, Annick Goutal, The Different Company. And from these niche houses i like many scents, but i can find similar to them designers scents that i like as much as niche's with the exception of Creed Original Santal, Creed Silver Mountain Water, Creed GIT ( for me GIT is nothing like Cool Water), Amouage Dia Men, Amouage Reflection Men.
    To answer your question about what i like Dia Men - it smells very masculine to me. I've posted this thread because i've smelled similar scent 10-12 years ago, but can't remember what was this scent, where i've smelled it or on whom i've smelled it.
    Last edited by Freddddy; 10th May 2010 at 06:56 AM.