Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default What do you think of Frapin 1270?

I am thinking of getting Frapin 1270 as I enjoyed it when I tested it (probably 4 times), but would like to hear the others opinions on it.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Default Re: What do you think of Frapin 1270?

I think it's amazing, and the best gourmand I've ever smelled. Get it, it's great stuff!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

The best, raisinious, cognaccy, sweet, delicious, seductive little vineyard I have ever smelled.
    If i had the money, I'd go for it in a heartbeat.
    Awesome stuff.

Basenotes Institution

I LOVE Frapin 1270 - it's one I have been meaning to get a full bottle of. It's everything Timaru said - rich ,delish ,cognaccy ,smooth ...yum ! Great stuff.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have never heard the word "cognaccy" before, but yes, it is!

I agree with the above about richness and all. I will add one other thing: an underlying earthiness that feels very realistic to me.

Default What do you think of Frapin 1270?

I agree with all said so far! You have to be in the mood for its sweetness, but if you are, it's wonderful.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

A fantastic scent.

I think it's the best fragrance of the Frapin range and it reminds me of a toned down version of Amouge's Jubilation XXV. It's sweet and stays close to the skin and good to wear when you feel Jubilation is a bit to much in its projection. A worthy purchase.
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI

any other thoughts on this???

i'm kinda getting an AMen Pure Malt feeling from it, but this is much less loud and more refined. i like my sample so far

I think it's great and I sense a similarity to Mauboussin and Idole de Lubin.

I kind of agree with the previous comments, except for one thing: I wouldn't wear it. It is so gourmand, so cognac-ish that I can't see myself wearing it in public. But this might be just my personal feeling, the juice itself if really great.

I smpled this one, together with Malle`s Musc Ravageur. I was never dubious of which of them I should pick. M-R was my choice. I like spicy sweet scents, but 1270 was just too sweet for my taste. If you like 1270, i will also recommend you to test Eau d`Italie Baume du Doge, that is a fantastic spicy, sweet, warm delicious scent.

Frapin 1270 should get a lot more attention around here! WOW... okay so after spending some more time sampling this, I must say I'm struck. I just clicked "buy now". Full bottle worthy - absolutley!

Here's the notes list:
    exotic woods, spice, raisin, vine flowers, pepper, candied orange, nut, hazelnut, prune, cocoa, coffee, leather, woods, white honey, vanilla

To address the sweetness. I'll say I'm not big on sweet fragrances. They feel to 'young', and I'm only 26 and I feel most of them are a bit childish. I've always steared away from them. This however, while somewhat sweet, inspires confidence, instead of feeling self concious like other fragrances (Rochas Man/Bond New Harlem to name a few for example, I felt too girly).

This is sweet, but in a reserved/refined/spicy kinda way. Its a MUCH more dignified, polished Angel Pure Malt. I honestly don't even want to compare this to Pure Malt I feel its in an enitrley diff league.

I feel this is a masculine fragrance instead of unisex. While sweet, the exotic woods, spice, pepper and leather keep it in the masculine range to me.

Excellent fragrance. Masterpiece? I could see why Luckyscent said so.
    Last edited by md1grwl; 31st October 2010 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    I kind of agree with the previous comments, except for one thing: I wouldn't wear it. It is so gourmand, so cognac-ish that I can't see myself wearing it in public. But this might be just my personal feeling, the juice itself if really great.
    I would tend to agree if it maintained it's concentration from the first spray. But on my skin, it quickly mellows out into such a gorgeous and smooth mix.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I also find it odd that some find this sweet. I always thought I had a strong aversion to high sweetness, but Frapin 1270 never comes off as saccharine to my nose. Sure it's sweet, but nothing even remotely close to some other gourmands. In fact, to my nose, it comes off rather dry.

Absolutely love it but it's longevity isn't brilliant - that was the main deal-breaker, for me.

I would love to try the original formulation, though...

what designer fragrances are similar to frapin 1270 ?

Power Where You Need It

1270 is great! It opens with a consistent cnadied orange note on a boozy / leather accord of rare charme. It's like seating in front of the fireplace on an old leather couch drinking cognac and eating Panettone at christmas. Smooth woods make their appreances in the drydown together with spices, dried fruits and vanilla for a confortable, reassuring, relaxing and absolutely fascinating affect

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

One of the Best Boozy - Vanila - Sweet , but easy to tired , take care sprayed to much ...
    for me 2 or 3 spray of this fragrance is too much.
    finally I tired on this fragrance after 2 years wearing .
    But I think is a 3.5 stars fragrance , complex and well balaced.
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Just sampled both 1270 and 1697 and what most members have said I find to be true, 1270 is better. Love this offering by Frapin and is on my to purchase next list.
    - Expect the unexpected

I was using 1270 almost on a nightly basis - that is, until I bought 1697. Now I have a hard time going back to 1270 (not that it's bad; just that 1697 is so much better imho).
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    Honestly? Nothing. It's very unique, at least to my nose.

I agree with most of the comments here. I own a bottle, and I find it perfect for evenings in sitting in front of the fire and reading a book. It smells of wine cellars, leather chairs and class. Sweet, but not cloyingly so. Beautiful. It also does not last as well as the notes would have you believe. But that is a small factor for me, as I wear it in the evenings as a comfort scent.
    Currently wearing: 1932 by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by md1grwl View Post
    any other thoughts on this???

i'm kinda getting an AMen Pure Malt feeling from it, but this is much less loud and more refined. i like my sample so far
    +1. It reminded me a lot of pure malt, and less loud, but I'm not sure about more refined. Either way, I was surprised to find another fragrance that reminded me of Pure Malt
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Just an update since I am the original poster: yes, I bought 1270 and I still love it.

Any places in the UK where I can purchase this online or get a sample??? :P Sounds amazing!

Zubbbra, you can get it and samples from Les Senteurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Healer View Post
    Zubbbra, you can get it and samples from Les Senteurs.
    Really?? I swear I checked the website and couldn't see it on there :S I must be blind

Never mind, just saw it now! lol Frapin Et Cie, time to go sample shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Honestly? Nothing. It's very unique, at least to my nose.
    Im surprised I cant find any comparison like this on BN.
    I tried it out 3 days ago, one spray. The SA was telling me about the cognac etc.
    After an hour it had got to the drydown and it was bothering that I had smelled this before.

Then as I got home I realised where.
    M7.
    That "wine accord" I get in M7 is actually cognac.