Code of Conduct

Default Agallocha--Anyone heard of this house?

I was doing a search on theperfumedcourt for fragrances with oud, and came across this house: Agallocha.

Two scents struck my eye:

Agallocha Tedallal Eau de Parfum for Men. Direct from Paris, this is a great new line of Arabian oud fragrances. Tedallal is a very rich and masculine fragrance. A tonic aromatic accord opens on a fresh blend of flowery and spicy notes. The warm harmony of the woody backnotes is underlined by the strong signature of the rich oud with vetyver, ambery and musky undertones which convey virility and sensuality. With top notes of bergamot, lemon and tarragon; middle notes of jasmine, rose, cinnamon and clove; and base notes of musk, sandalwood, oud, vetyver, amber, saffron and gaiacwood.

Agallocha Amazing Muthhela Incroyable Eau de Toilette for Men. Direct from Paris, this is a great new line of Arabian oud fragrances. Muthhela features the warm harmony of woody accords, where the cedarwood answers to the sandalwood notes underlined by the strong signature of rich smoked oud with vetyver, ambery and musk undertones. With a top note of amber; middle notes of smoked oud and cedarwood, and base notes of sandalwood, vetyver and musk. Gorgeous for a woman also!!

Has anyone smelled either of these yet? I'll probably order some small samples when I get paid this week. I'm liking this upsurge in exposure for arabic perfumery, frankly I'm sick and tired of so many mainstream Western 'clean' fragrances that this is a welcome relief.

Default Re: Agallocha--Anyone heard of this house?

Yes, I`ve got both of them.
    Masculine Muthhela is sweet woody-amber scent, that strongly reminds me the smell of a burning oud wood smoke. I like it much more than oud oil and all the medicine renditions a la Montale, Mancera, M7 YSL et al. Methinks it`s perfect and unique!

Masculine Tedallal reminds me some other scents, like Jaipur PH Boucheron, and alikes. Aromatic oriental fougere, but with medicine oud note.

Feminine Agallocha are worth its money too. I remember one of those, rose-spices-sandalwood (like traditional arabic Mukhalat attar).
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I received a sample of the Masculine Muthhela from sloan_8013 and really thought it was very nice. I cannot wear the Montale ouds, but this one was very enjoyable and strangely gave me no headache (Montale's oud line gives me headaches). Unique for sure and long lasting. But where would one find this frag? Probably pretty hard to obtain in the US.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 8th September 2008 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I received a sample of the Masculine Muthhela from sloan_0813 and really thought it was very nice. I cannot wear the Montale ouds, but this one was very enjoyable and strangely gave me no headache (Montale's oud line gives me headaches). Unique for sure and long lasting. But where would one find this frag? Probably pretty hard to obtain in the US.
    It's apparently only available from Paris but the unique thing about the perfumedcourt is that they are willing to order full bottles of anything they can get for you or at least give you contact information of who to speak with to get a full bottle.

that's what's great about theperfumedcourt -- they sell decants of all the good stuff -- especially those not found easily,

Basenotes Institution

I have a sample of this, but I'm waiting for cooler weather to arrive to try it. J_w_s, your description sounds intriguing.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I have tested Tedallal Homme and own Muthhela Homme. I agree with moon_fish, Tedallal has the typical Westernized, slightly medicinal oud note whereas Muthhela has a smoked oud note more reminiscent of burning wood. Muthhela reminds me of a sweeter version of Montale Original Aoud. The early stages are marked by an arid, smoky, woody feel and later stages watch the smoke fade to a smooth, woody drydown with a hint of sweet.

Many thanks to moon_fish for introducing me to this one in an older thread some months ago.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Thought we could do with some updates on this house. Anyone else tried their scents?

I'm quite impressed with the sample of Muthhela Femme I received from TPC. Though it comes across like one of the prayer attars used in mosques, the construction is remarkable - an exquisite blend of florals, spices, woods, amber and musk.

Official? notes:
    rose, jasmine, muguet, ylang-ylang, cardamom, coriander, sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, vetiver, amber, musk, vanilla, praline.

Less floral than it is 'woodsy-incensey', this is an oriental quite unlike any I've tried before for the style here is unmistakably 'Eastern'. Excellent sillage, decent longevity and easily unisex IMO.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 9th May 2010 at 03:30 PM.

No, but I have heard Agalloch: