Code of Conduct

Thread: ooops

Default ooops

Stupid question, I erased it. Sorry
    Last edited by Jack; 9th May 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: got an answer, dont want anyone offended.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

Default Re: straight guys only...

Certainly hasn't stopped straight guys asking about frags to "seduce the ladies" at least once a week. Live and let live...

great point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would want anyone’s advice on a subject, if their knowledgeable.

I dont know.
    I'm straight and all those homo- / hetero- phobic thread names just catch my interest even more.
    I think most of BNs are fairly open minded ( ) and might even contribute constructively if they are not spoken to.
    so, I'l still add my two cents wherever I feel so until somebody tells me to shut my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I would want anyone’s advice on a subject, if their knowledgeable.
    thats what i meant

Going on past threads, where issues of race, gender, orientation, and even religion have been discussed, I think just about anything is fair game if it has to do with fragrance. Fragrance can take conversations to unexpected places,

I haven't seen "straight guys only" before, but I have seen "guys only" and "women only", so imagine if you wanted a thread where straight guys talked about fragrances they liked on women or something ( I've seen variations before ), it should just be fine. Ask the mods if in doubt, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Going on past threads, where issues of race, gender, orientation, and even religion have been discussed, I think just about anything is fair game if it has to do with fragrance. Fragrance can take conversations to unexpected places,

I haven't seen "straight guys only" before, but I have seen "guys only" and "women only", so imagine if you wanted a thread where straight guys talked about fragrances they liked on women or something ( I've seen variations before ), it should just be fine. Ask the mods if in doubt, of course.
    My point is if someone tried a new scent that I haven't, I wouldn't exclude anyones opinion.

smeller

With all respect, I see no point in this thread.

I'm straight, and not even a bit interested in "only for gays" threads. Of course they have their subjects in which they're not interested in my contribution. I just leave them alone and focus on my interests.

Also, threads about "which scents are attractive to XXX/YYY/ZZZ" are mostly pointless too, due to the high subjectivity involved.

Why to bother?

I suppose this one will be locked very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    With all respect, I see no point in this thread.

I'm straight, and not even a bit interested in "only for gays" threads. Of course they have their subjects in which they're not interested in my contribution. I just leave them alone and focus on my interests.

Also, threads about "which scents are attractive to XXX/YYY/ZZZ" are mostly pointless too, due to the high subjectivity involved.

Why to bother?

I suppose this one will be locked very soon.
    I agree I hope its locked!

My point is if someone tried a new scent that I haven't, I wouldn't exclude anyones opinion.
    Happens all the time. If a straight guy doesn't care to know what I think looks or smells sexy on him because he's looking to attract women rather than a gay guy, I'm not offended. People are always wanting feedback from their "target audience", straight, gay, or otherwise; I don't think it was meant to make anyone feel excluded. ( A woman posted on that thread; I don't think anyone minded ).

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Happens all the time. If a straight guy doesn't care to know what I think looks or smells sexy on him because he's looking to attract women rather than a gay guy, I'm not offended. People are always wanting feedback from their "target audience", straight, gay, or otherwise; I don't think it was meant to make anyone feel excluded. ( A woman posted on that thread; I don't think anyone minded ).
    Very well put; hope they lock this thread.

Good on ya Jack... Basenoters are reasonable (or reasonably reasonable) folks and it's nice to see a slight faux pas corrected... no harm done, right?
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Default Re: ooops

I don't want to offend anyone. "I just kinda asked the question without really thinking it over." Great answers given; I wanted it stopped before it got ugly or it was taken wrong.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I wanna know what this is all about ...
    you can't erase the mother post, and
    have the disgussion continue!
    I'm more that curious now..!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 9th May 2010 at 02:29 AM.

It was basically I’m straight and never see a straight only thread; I think a straight only thread would be rude. And lots of gay only threads. I got a few great answers ant want it ended.

^ I'm guessing it was about the thread that said "gay guys only", but I didn't see the original post.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    ^ I'm guessing it was about the thread that said "gay guys only", but I didn't see the original post.
    I seen lots of post like that and never the "other way around." I just asked what came to my mind and should have thought it out. The answer was simple as stated by Galamb

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

It was basically I’m straight and never see a straight only thread; I think a straight only thread would be rude. And lots of gay only threads. I got a few great answers ant want it ended.
    Ah, you poor thing, are you feeling discriminated?! You heteros are a small group,
    so I understand where you're comming from! Muuuhahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Ah, you poor thing, are you feeling discriminated?! You heteros are a small group,
    so I understand where you're comming from! Muuuhahahaha!
    Very clever, this is what I expected.

Very clever, this is what I expected.
    Well... glad your expectations could be met.

A little good-natured joking about won't hurt... I even think we could riff on the "blue eyed blondes only... what scent would you like them to wear" on the off topic humor area, if you're game?

Honestly, different cultures and different lifestyles have varying but sometimes converging points of view on scent... that's why Basenotes is so cool!
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Well... glad your expectations could be met.

I even think we could riff on the "blue eyed blondes only... what scent would you like them to wear" on the off topic humor area, if you're game?
    lol, I'm married now but when I was single they could have worn any frag. I do like my wife to wear nice stuff.

From what it looks like, it seems like you don't like gays. Other wise you would just ignore the "gay only" posts. I'm not gay and I still participate in them and try to give my insight. You just need to not look at things with a homophobic perspective.