Code of Conduct

Question Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange - Anyone tried this yet??

Hi

Just wandering if anyone has managed to try Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange??

Not much info available on the net yet so would be grateful for any reviews or comparisons. Does anyone know if it is similar to John Varvatos Artisan because thats the first thing I thought of when I read the name.

Thanks

Default Re: Cartier Eau de Cartier Essence d`Orange - Anyone tried this yet??

Tried it at the KaDeWe in Berlin the other day. It's a bit like Eau de Cartier with some orange thrown in. Nice, but not exactly world-shattering - I find.

Tried recently, v nondescript IMO. Just a dull, overly sweet orange. Bit like Hermes EDV.

This from a person who loves the sharpness of TdH though.
    Last edited by dnc; 9th May 2010 at 11:29 AM.

Same here....nothing special. And it thought it was extremely fleeting.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    I must agree. The orange note smelled extremely flat and lifeless. I thought 'how can someone screw up orange?' but IMO they managed to. ((frustrating))

Smells like orange popsicle. Stay away - in my opinion.

Creansicle or not, Still very interested and must test.
    I liked the Eau De Cartier Concentree, but found it too laundry/powdery/girly for a full bottle purchase.
    Hopefully this one took the notes I liked from that and not the ones I didn't.
    *crosses fingers*

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I must agree. The orange note smelled extremely flat and lifeless. I thought 'how can someone screw up orange?' but IMO they managed to. ((frustrating))
    I double agree.

Although it apparently is very easy to screw up orange (i.e. Varvatos Artisan).
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th May 2010 at 05:55 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yeah, what everyone else has said. Received a sample at Niemans - not impressed. It lasted about an hour and a half on me, and my skin usually retains scent well. The orange topnote has OK for about a minute, then the dull green powder took over 'til the end. It's very, very light, even at its strongest. This is coming from someone who normally enjoys this type of scent.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 12th May 2010 at 03:52 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I guess I'll be the contrarian. I thought it was fine as flankers go. The orange was nice and once the more familiar Eau de Cartier elements appeared I thought it was fine.
    In comparison to Artisan I like this better.
    As for orange fragrances I would go for Diptyque L'Eau de Tarocco or Atelier Orange Sanguine way above these two.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    ...Although it apparently is very easy to screw up orange (i.e. Varvatos Artisan).
    Oh that's right, I forgot about that one. Even more horrible. Ick!