Code of Conduct

Exclamation Really Ripped Abs on Steroids Mega Cologne Spray by BOD Man

Really Ripped Abs on Steroids Mega Cologne Spray by BOD Man
    NEW! Really Ripped Abs on Steroids by BOD Man is an amped up version of our popular Really Ripped Abs Fragrance Body Spray. It is the most sexy, intense, and extremely masculine fragrance for men - ever!

WoW-WeE!!! I gotta try this!

Default Re: Really Ripped Abs on Steroids Mega Cologne Spray by BOD Man

So it smells like vain idiots with tiny balls from taking dangerous, illegal workout drugs? Wow, I wonder what that smells like.

Dont care about the frag but wished I had a tummy like that

I'd hoped this was a satire but the manufacturer's page confirms its existence =(

This product conveys:
    1. Men are meat.
    2. Sacrifice your long term health and fertility for the satisfaction of being a nice piece of meat or;
    3. Buy a product to offset your lack of "Really Ripped Abs on Steroids".

A gender theory jockey would have a field day analyzing this. A female targeting version of this same tactic would be blindingly offensive; "Breasts Swollen by Expensive Surgery", "Waist Shrunk by Life-Threatening Eating Disorder", "Ribs Deformed by Crushing Corset" (19th century release).
    This isn't to downplay the seriousness of societal pressure to conform to body standards (even if it kills you) but to illuminate how absurd this product is . . .and the absurdity of the more subtle female-targeted marketing campaigns that play on body image fear.

When no one would understand a name like Kouros or Antaeus, this is what you name it.
    Last edited by Asmo; 10th May 2010 at 01:07 AM.

This should be appearing on shelves soon, next to the soon to be released, Britney Spears Meth Fantasy.

If THAT sells well, I hear they're considering an eau fraiche version which has "softer teeth and much less bite."
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

wow...

Banned

Their inspiration:

So it smells like vain idiots with tiny balls from taking dangerous, illegal workout drugs?
    If I may, that's a common propaganda-induced misconception about 'roids. If taken properly they're not really dangerous. I mean, as safe as hormones can be, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Their inspiration:
    Yikes. He looks practically deformed. And it looks like he's had a boob job.

I dont really care about the name, bottle, or how they adverstise this. Cant wait to smell it, i wore body heat all winter and loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    No kidding. I've seen body-builders go to extremes before, but here everything seems out of proportion. Like his shoulder... flaps? And yes, he looks like he's had a boob job.

I wonder if he knows what he looks like to other people.

Ugh, I don't even think that these are (steroid induced) muscles, it looks more like he injected synthol. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    No kidding. I've seen body-builders go to extremes before, but here everything seems out of proportion. Like his shoulder... flaps? And yes, he looks like he's had a boob job.

I wonder if he knows what he looks like to other people.
    I bet he has Body dysmorphic disorder-- kind of sad really.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

It is already available at drugstores. It's a typical "blue/aquatic" scent. Very intense and as typical with this class of products turns very synthetic on the skin.
    The packaging and marketting doesn't bother me that much. How different is this than all other products that target women a thousand times more? This is obviously a copy (albeit in a different genre) of A&F Fierce in its basic idea as far as the picture of a torso.

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    I bet he has Body dysmorphic disorder-- kind of sad really.
    Most likely. Poor guy.

This may be the worst named frag ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_Man View Post
    It is already available at drugstores. It's a typical "blue/aquatic" scent.....
    Interesting how it is always that way. The fragrances that are aiming towards the alpha-male kind of guy are always sport fragrances. They can have it, a far as I am concerned.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    Just what I thought.

Its not an attractive look , but I guess its all horses for courses really

Their inspiration:
    Last time I saw someone freaky like that dancing, they were doing "the tuck" and had a poodle named Precious. This guy definitely needs to put the lotion in the basket, though.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Blog Entries

smelled like fierce on the first spray but the name just made me lol too much to even re-smell it

^^^ Really? I loved fierce. Can anyone comment on longevity and sillage?

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    Last time I saw someone freaky like that dancing, they were doing "the tuck" and had a poodle named Precious. This guy definitely needs to put the lotion in the basket, though.

This stuff has actually already been out for several months, I saw this back in Feb on the parfumsdecour site. I haven't smelled it, but the original Bod Heat was quite a surprising gourmand, that smelled very much like Rochas but with more of a fresh baked bread smell going on. I actually have Bod Heat on my wish list, but it's pretty hard to find believe it or not. At least in stores.. Does anyone have a more detailed review on this one?

This is obviously a copy (albeit in a different genre) of A&F Fierce in its basic idea as far as the picture of a torso.
    It doesn't only copy A&F Fierce as far as packaging. It is a copy of Fierce, only more synthetic smelling, if that is even possible.

Just think, someone got paid money to come up with that name. Paid.
    Last edited by Anthony87; 10th May 2010 at 03:25 AM.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Basenotes Plus

Is this the polar opposite of Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d'Orange? Can we get a side-by-side comparison?

I might swing by Walgreens and see if they have testers of this tomorrow. I actually really like Body Heat and wonder if they could be two for two on their "real" fragrances.
    I refuse to sink.

Basenotes Institution

The name and concept are so bad, it's actually quite fascinating.

Why did they name it 'Really' instead of just 'Ripped Abs'?
    Is there a fragrance named 'Really Ripped Abs'...and this is a flanker to that fragrance...you know the 'on Steroids' flanker?
    If so, does Bod market study suggest that more people would buy 'Really Ripped Abs' if it was somehow incorporated a steroid theme?
    Why is the bottle shaped like a blue plastic pine cone?
    Do men buy this thinking that they will 'get' ripped abs if they wear it?
    Or is it marketed to women who want men, who have ripped abs?
    If it is marketed to men, is it marketed to men, who have 'really ripped abs on steroids'?
    And if so, then why do they need their fragrance name, to announce to the world, what they have?
    Or if it's marketed to men who do NOT have ripped abs, do they think they will 'get' ripped abs if they use this?

Ok, I need to stop now. I have a headache.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 10th May 2010 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

Is there a fragrance named 'Really Ripped Abs'...and this is a flanker to that fragrance...you know the 'on Steroids' flanker?
    If so, does Bod market study suggest that more people would buy 'Really Ripped Abs' if it was somehow incorporated a steroid theme?
    If it is marketed to men, is it marketed to men, who have 'really ripped abs on steroids'?
    And if so, then why do they need their fragrance name, to announce to the world, what they have?
    Or if it's marketed to men who do NOT have ripped abs, do they think they will 'get' ripped abs if they use this?

Indeed, I would seriously like to know too. I'd be interested in an interview of the business planners and advertising people involved. If we could find out who's involved we could write them a letter.

Anyone in business know how to track down companies/consultants/agencies that work on a product's market plan like this one's?

If we can figure it out I'll write a snail mail letter under letterhead, or several, and we'll see if any replies come back.
    Last edited by DustB; 10th May 2010 at 05:36 AM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

There is indeed a fragrance named "Really Ripped Abs" and this is a flanker of that. See the original post which states: "Really Ripped Abs on Steroids Mega Cologne Spray by BOD Man
    NEW! Really Ripped Abs on Steroids by BOD Man is an amped up version of our popular Really Ripped Abs Fragrance Body Spray."

It looks like they are using the same bottle as Bod Heat.

I predict this fragrance will be the sponsor for the new season of Jersey Shore (Miami)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo Joe View Post
    There is indeed a fragrance named "Really Ripped Abs" and this is a flanker of that...
    OMG. The 'On Steroids' flanker media trend has begun.

Someone alert Daddy Yankee's fragrance manufacturer!

Dior Homme Intense . . .ON STEROIDS!!!
    Habit Rouge Sport . . .ON A METH BINGE!!
    Joop! Homme . . .WITH TITANIUM PECS AND PCP INDUCED INVULNERABILITY!!!

Their inspiration:
    Wow nice boobs
    ok... ---> *door*

Banned

The bottle manages to be hideous with the inspiration from Viktor & Rolf with mega spray of Eau Mega, and the grenade bottle from Flowerbomb.

Next from Bod MAN Ripped Pecs on Ultra Juiced Electro spray:
    Last edited by teger; 10th May 2010 at 10:36 PM.

OMG. The 'On Steroids' flanker media trend has begun.
    I approve of these shenanigans! Patou pour Homme might still be with us if they'd given us an "On Steroids" flanker.

I eagerly await "Fracas On Smack". White Heat, White Light, White Flowers!

Basenotes Institution

I'm this close to sending a bottle of this to a very conservative mother, who will go apesh*t over this products name and would start an anti-Bod campaign/petition over this brand trying to seduce young men into the steroid lifestyle.

Those Bod sprays are quite hideous to my nose. How does "Body Heat" and this one (I won't dare spell out the name) compare?

I can't wait to try this! Sounds great
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Now if only it came in the clasic "Macho - it's baaaaddd" bottle, it would be perfectly homoerotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    If I may, that's a common propaganda-induced misconception about 'roids. If taken properly they're not really dangerous. I mean, as safe as hormones can be, anyway.
    Yes, if taken safely, for actual medical conditions that require it. I was on steroids very briefly many years ago, because I was diagnosed with a 2.5 year bone delay. I took it safely, and for a required medical condition. My friend and coworker who has Leukemia (thank god, it's under control, and he isn't expected to have a shortened life because of it), requires regular spinal taps, and is on steroids for a week every month. Any usage of steroids for a purpose other than treating a serious and documented medical ailment, is abuse IMO, not to mention illegal. I'm not mincing words, this product is offensive to the max.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It is already available at drugstores. It's a typical "blue/aquatic" scent. Very intense and as typical with this class of products turns very synthetic on the skin.
    The packaging and marketting doesn't bother me that much. How different is this than all other products that target women a thousand times more? This is obviously a copy (albeit in a different genre) of A&F Fierce in its basic idea as far as the picture of a torso.
    I couldn't disagree more. It's one thing to promote sex, we've seen it a million times, obviously with women, but also with male models in A & F and other ads. It's a far worse offense to explicitly promote something that is harmful and illegal. How do you think this would fly if it were released?

And now, get her before her failing heart does........ The "Anorexia makes me beautiful" Barbie!!!!!

Last edited by mtgprox05; 11th May 2010 at 02:30 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    It doesn't only copy A&F Fierce as far as packaging. It is a copy of Fierce, only more synthetic smelling, if that is even possible.
    I smelled it today and now own a bottle. It's definitely a Fierce knockoff -- but I think it does it well (which is why I bought it). I am sure if I did a side-by-side comparison, I'd go with Fierce. But at this price, I'll avoid that and just live under the impression that it smells exactly like it.

I was at K-Mart this weekend and had a chance to smell the new BOD mega cologne. It was quite nice. Considering the price I would give it two thumbs up.

My six year old son thought the bottle was a toy grenade and wanted to launch it across the store.

Really Ripped Abs on Steroids Guy says:

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY COLOGNE I'LL RIP YOUR FACE OFF WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!"
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Their inspiration:
    well, if he when younger always had a dream to work in a circus as one of the freaks then this makes sense, if not - then F A I L !

Btw. LOL on the frag.
    Last edited by Zgb; 17th May 2010 at 03:33 PM.

Tried it.
    It's in the middle between Fierce and Curve; not bad at all. I just hate the name and the ugly pine cone bottle.

I've never tried Fierce but I didn't get any Curve when I tried this, maybe Curve Crush though. What I got was a fragrance that would appeal to a kid in high school. Didn't smell bad, but I'd have to wear more than 1 spray on my palm before I could see what's up with it. I really do love the original Sexy Man x2 though, smells very much like Rochas Man.

Fierce is hard to dislike IMO. You should give it a try, that is, if you have the guts to step into that metro cave! LOL

I got a small bottle of this at Wallyworld a while ago. It's ok. Kinda like Nautica Voyage without any interesting elements (ha). The Body Heat is nice though.

Here's another vid by the spokesmodel: