Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have long believed that the cure for cancer lies somewhere in nature -- a root, a bark, the toenails of a Madagascar insect, or some such. I also believe the best smells are in nature -- grilled meats, roasting peanuts, cake baking in the oven, etc. It is about time that more people get involved in aromatherapy, IMO, and the more natural the scent/scent ingredients, the better! Congrats, Ayala for bringing nature into your products!

Awesome:P I want to win.

Wonderful article - I'm anxious to try this line! I hope the trend toward natural fragrances continues; there is something so primal about our reaction to pure scents from nature. Thank you, Ayala, for your dedicated passion!

Love the concept. Dying to try them. Hope this gives me the chance

Only good words. Now I want to try Ayala's perfumes.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Nice article! I'm curious to try them too

These sound really interesting. I've always been interested in trying natural fragrances, but was worried that the individual raw ingredients would combine into fragrances that would be way too overpowering. Your review of Ayala's seem to suggest otherwise. I'm especially interested in Espionage. I hope I win the giveaway!

Loved the article, very curious on trying Ayala's fragrances. I hope I'll be the lucky one to win the fragrance set

Nice article indeed! Oh I wish...

Post Thanks / Like

Another great article by Walker! Although I haven't tried any of her fragrances, I wonder how nice they must be!

I've had little experience with natural perfumes, so this set would come in handy... It'd be interesting to explore this new world.

The fragrances sound lovely. How strange that we've gotten to the point where the idea of smelling what we smell, made from the real thing, would seem novel - I love that idea!

I'd love to sample these alongside the article! Thanks for introducing me to Ayala's line and blog.

Cool article. Would love to sample these scents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ayala I love your fragrances, I even brought a sample of Song of Solomon to my Pentateuch class. I really love it and i'm now happily saving up for a full bottle
    I really must go to Vancouver again I went as a child and it was BeautIFUL

There is no reason why natural perfumes shouldn't be just as good or better than synthetic ones. If you get someone who is a good enough nose the scents could be masterpieces.

I have dabbled in natural perfumery myself, and would love to try some of Ayala's scents.

Interesting article, I wonder how my picky nose will perceive these fragrances.

Natural perfumery is always a hit or miss with me. Reading this article on Ayala's natural perfumes, I am sure they are a hit, I would love to sample them.

Default Re: High Fibre Fragrances (or How I Discovered Natural Perfume)

I liked the article very much; I found the descriptions hugely helpful since for me and many others, natural perfumery is merely a great idea but harder to find done well. In my quest to move away from the larger commercial perfumes I have been wearing Penhaligons but this is just the start.

Over the years I have become more aware of the ingredients we put on our bodies and how many of them are questionable (that's saying it mildly) for having read that perfume houses can hide up to 28 ingredients under the name 'fragrance' which is just another word for concealment. Many of these ingredients are either totally unethical or just plain nasty. I've been curious about this ever since I started to develop allergies to fragrances I have previously worn for years and having gone back to them, have spent 2 days sneezing and with headache. One criminal for this is Coco Chanel, also top of the list for most undeclared and questionable ingredients.

My other reason is the growing sense that commercial fragrances in their quest for mass production are producing fragrances with a certain lack of realism. One reviewer picked up on a rose scent as coming over as plastic like; when would rose ever smell like this? So the only answer seems to be the sensitive development of natural fragrances which respect the rareness of some ingredients, instead seeking different elements to use.

Lastly my quest for a pure spice perfume goes on and I believe will only be found in natural perfume. Spices provide such wondrous, quality and lasting notes, when I crush and cook with them, I wonder why it's never been done well before. Maybe it has, I shall make a note to find Epice Sauvage. Somewhere, someday I will find perfumes which reminds me of the spice markets in Delhi and the tea stalls in Luxor.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this excellent read; I haven't been fortunate enough to sample any of Ayala Moriel's fragrances, unfortunately, and this article makese the yearning worse by listing fragrances based on some of my favourite smells: Vetyver and Lavender. Argh... This is saying how much I'd love winning the set... fingers crossed!

I enjoyed reading about Ayala's perfumes and I would love to try it.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is a great article. Thanks for enlightening me!

Um, I like whole-wheat pasta. So much better than the white-flour, Wonder-bread-like mushy stuff. I'm not a long-haired hippie either. And I certainly don't carry any prejudices against so-called "natural" perfumes just because they carry that moniker.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to try something from her line!

Thank you for this unique opportunity! I hope I'll be winner! I lust for this sample set of Ayala!

I love the real smell captured in a bottle and whoever does that is a real magician!!Well done!

Wonderful article. I hope to sample Ayala's work someday!

I've never sampled anything from this house. Would like to win the drawing so I can rectify that.

I haven't had the pleasure of sampling her fragrances but, I definitely would like to do that in the future.

I can't wait to try some of Ayala's perfumes and have read about them in the past (maybe from Etsy)? It's inspiring to see successful perfumers who keep natural!

Great read, thanks for the article.

Definitely need to try out the vetiver from the sounds of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article! I have to say, my own experiences with natural perfumes have been underwhelming--usually they smell nice, but rather simplistic. Generally they seem to be just 3 or 4 essential oils mixed together, something which I can easily do myself much cheaper. These, however, sound wonderful. I wouldn't know which to choose to try, and the price is unfortunately a little steep for my budget, so I would l LOVE to win this set!

Simply beautiful! These are now on my "to smell" list!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I brought a sample of Song of Solomon to my Pentateuch class

I love your fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by lightgreen22 View Post
    I brought a sample of Song of Solomon to my Pentateuch class

I love your fragrances
    Was it Torah-worthy?

I have just recently gotten into natural frags and I am loving them. I only have tried a few and would love to try more. They are much more calm to my nose--as in less headache-inducing. Wonderful!

Les Nuages de Joie Jaune sounds wonderful.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, Ayala is still terra incognita to me, which really needs to change. Thanks for reminding me of how interesting and competent her work is - and now I want to win that set, of course, like everybody else .

My research in naturals led me to here by chance. I am a beginner in the greater scheme of things and I have a natural reluctance to go towards the aromachemicals when there is so much to be learned within the natural sphere. I would be most interested to smell and learn from the work of someone who has the longer experience and dedication to this than me.

Very interesting article. I appreciate all-natural fragrances a lot and it would be great to have a sniff and samples of Ayalas wonderful creations. I haven't tried any of them yet, but if I'm lucky now I have chance to try them. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Descartes; 24th January 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nice to see you've finally stepped out and discovered how wonderful naturals can be!
    Lat time I read one of your posts you were insisting it couldnt be done...grin!
    If you want to try some more, I'll happily send you some more little bottled adventures from down under Australia!

Ambrosia
    my online natural perfumery
    my natural perfumeing blogspot
    Perfume is the highest form of art

http://perfumebynature.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My apologies, it seems I confused the author of the article with another I'd had a long (and conflicting) conversation about naturals with some time ago.....
    I am delighted to find people happily blogging about naturals now though! A few years back we were still the outcasts of the perfume world!

Your description truly brings Ayala's lovelies to life! I can almost smell them off the page!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosiawomble View Post
    Nice to see you've finally stepped out and discovered how wonderful naturals can be!
    Lat time I read one of your posts you were insisting it couldnt be done...grin!
    If you want to try some more, I'll happily send you some more little bottled adventures from down under Australia!

Ambrosia
    my online natural perfumery
    my natural perfumeing blogspot
    Perfume is the highest form of art

http://perfumebynature.blogspot.com