Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something that smells like Joop!

I'd appreciate any ideas on where I can find a similiar frag that is less expensive and has more longevity and sillage.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Looking for something that smells like Joop!

Ha! That's funny, thanks! I actually can't stop laughing.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I know that Joop! is a well-known frag. However, even though I own over 100 types of cologne, Joop! has never, and probably never will be a part of it. I once bought a bottle of Mont Blanc Individuel. Some reviewer said that it was kinda like Joop!. Since I hardly ever wear Individuel, I can't see even considering Joop!. I am lead to believe that Joop! is quite strong, so I can understand how enthuiasts will chuckle at your request.

Creed's Original Santal has an opening that is eerily similar to JOOP. Where it goes from there I don't know, I was busy scrubbing the sample off.

I think fans of OS find it to be pretty close to what you're looking for.

EDIT: Oops. Misread. Sorry you wanted cheaper than JOOP. Good luck. You're going to get some grief about more longevity.

If I put on JOOP right now and Los Angles is nuked, in 1 million years when it's safe to dig out the city, they'll find my corpse and make note of the fact that I was wearing JOOP when the bomb hit.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 10th May 2010 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Misread OP

Have you ever actually worn Joop!?

Thallium is a good alternative, but it has less sillage/projection and longevity.. maybe you meant less than more? I can't imagine anybody wanting any more from Joop!

Joop! is one of the longest lasting fragrances on the market. You can also find it for dirt cheap in any drug store in America. . . Your best bet would be to douse yourself in sandalwood oil and honey.

They are not copies or equal to Joop!, but Fleur du Male, Gaultier 2 and Gucci Eau de Parfum has that sensual flower ambery aura that Joop! has. Fleur du Male goes more on the white flowery aspect, while Gaultier 2 seems to work the theme around the nutty gourmand base. Gucci Eau de Parfum goes in the spicy indolic side and it`s one that has the ambery flower aura of Joop but seems to blend better with the skin on me. But they are more expensive than Joop!, and I haven`t know any Joop! similar that is cheaper and is as intense as Joop

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    Ha! That's funny, thanks! I actually can't stop laughing.
    hahahahahhahahaha, I simply CAN'T BELIEVE this!

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    I'd appreciate any ideas on where I can find a similiar frag that is less expensive and has more longevity and sillage.
    Joop! Homme can be bought online or at outlets for a fairly reasonable price, even the bigger knockoffs steer clear of competing with it. The simplest solution would be to spray more on, or spray your undershirt once after putting it on.

Genuine photograph from the Joop! Production facility.

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    You can also find it for dirt cheap in any drug store in America. . .
    How can I be sure it is real? With all the BN threads about buying fakes I am being cautious.

How can I be sure it is real? With all the BN threads about buying fakes I am being cautious.

I threw out a bottle of unopened still in the cellophane Joop! the other day. Awful stuff, sorry mate.

I hear the manufacturers are selling fakes now too :/

Quote Originally Posted by MassMenace View Post
    Joop! is one of the longest lasting fragrances on the market.
    Not quite right - it is the longest lasting scent on the market.
    Nothing else that people here have mentioned as being long lasting, comes remotely close to it.
    Renato

Most frags last really long on my skin because I'm blessed with such skin where ordinary Hugo by Hugo lasts up to 10 hrs with projection on me. I'm not even mentioning Pi, Le Male, M7, Azzaro PH...but Joop!, Joop! beats them silly in aspect of longevity and sillage, I must add CK Obseesion for Men for to me it goes side by side with Joop! in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Nothing else that people here have mentioned as being long lasting, comes remotely close to it.
    Renato
    Montale Red Aoud lasts longer and it`s stronger than joop...

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Renato
    Acier Aluminum lasts up to 36 hours on me; Tobacco Vanille lasts up to 24 hours on me. Joop lasts 12-18 usually.. though more around the 12 hour mark because I only do 1-2 sprays.

I worry about things too, like, will it still be okay during rainy weather? Well will it?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    Not trolling..just having a little fun.

(I could tell too. Some truths of Basenotes revealed by humor!)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

It's not cheaper, but I think of Musc Ravageur as a mature version of Joop! It's about equal to Joop! in terms of sillage and longevity.

Desire for a Man by Dunhill.

NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

The cheapest way to get the smell of Joop! is to tie a urinal cake around your neck. The projection isn't quite as good, but it lasts even longer!
    Sell/Trade-- Issey Miyake(Summer '09)~Calvin Klein(One Summer '07 & '09)~Eau De Grey Flannel

Buy/Swap-- http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...e-Want-Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by farno View Post
    Desire for a Man by Dunhill.
    +1
    The Dunhill is a softer, classier version of Joop. And cheaper. But less sillage and longevity which, talking about Joop, is a good thing.

Another +1 for Creed's Original Santal

Kudos to the OP for his sense of humour and to the others who saw the veiled joke!

Had me fooled for a moment, mate! Sometimes we tend to take ourselves and our opinions a little too seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Acier Aluminum lasts up to 36 hours on me; Tobacco Vanille lasts up to 24 hours on me. Joop lasts 12-18 usually.. though more around the 12 hour mark because I only do 1-2 sprays.
    Joop Aftershave Splash lasts two days on me. Joop EDT last longer. On my clothes it lasted 12 days with strength last time I wore it and measured it.

Acier Aluminium lasted two hours on my wrist, on the one occasion I tested it.
    Renato

Try this...

LINK