Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What kind of soap/deodorant do you use?

Unscented products

Mennen's unscented. Sometimes, the deodorant of the fragance I am wearing.

I used to use Mennen's Original, the one sharing the same notes as Mennen's Skin Bracer, as well as Old Spice Original: they used to be very strong deodorants, you could still smell their scents at the end of the day. Not anymore... curiously, I regret it.

Kirk's Castile and baking soda.

Use any shower gel i like to be honest. Sometimes something fresh and zingy to wake me up in the morning like Recover (Lynx/Axe), sometimes something softer, more moisturising like the Dove For Men shower gel range. The smell of the shower gels never really linger on me for very long so never interfere with the fragrance I decide to wear. I have got the shower gels for Kouros, L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme and Eau Sauvage so obviously I use them if I'm going to wear any of those scents.

Deodorant is more important to co-ordinate. I use Boots own-brand unscented anti-perspirant. It works fine and doesn't leave a musty smell like some 'unscented' deodorants tend to (all of them have some kind of parfum to disguise the smell of the chemicals).

Tempted to start trying Dove cream bar soap though. Its very cheap here and sounds good from what I'm hearing.

Dr. Bronners liquid and bar soap is the best I've tried over the years. You can wash, shampoo, and shave with the stuff. I like the uncented Baby Mild and the Peppermint versions best. I will try the almond next. For deo, I like Speed Stick Ocean Fresh.
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

I'm going to have to try that Earth Science unscented deodorant. I picked up their Rosemary Mint deodorant to wear with Reflection Man or just when I don't feel like wearing a scent, as it smells quite strongly of rosemary (moreso than mint, unlike most rosemary/mint products), and I just love the scent of rosemary!

I'm still trying to find an unscented natural deodorant that really works.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm still trying to find an unscented natural deodorant that really works.
    Here's what I did (and will do again): I take a liquid crystal deo and add just a few drops of tea tree oil to the bottle. When you spray it on there will be that blast of tea tree, but the smell disappears very quickly. And you will stay inoffensive for much longer...
    Last edited by tott; 12th May 2010 at 08:02 PM.

IMO! If you dont have the shower gel & deodorant for the fragrance your using ALWAYS use UNSCENTED soaps & deodorants! I dont recommend using any of the cologne deodorants because they dont work for me. But if it works for you, knock yourself out!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

We use Trader Joe's Ginger French bar soap. Pleasant to use but leaves no real scent on the skin.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

I switch between Heno de Pravia soap / deodorant and Dove soap + Mennem Speed Stick unscented.

BTW: Dove launched bodysprays and deodorants for men under two alternative fragrances, of which one is a tamed version of an aromatic fougere in the style of barbershop scents and the other is a fresh (calone-like) citric. It seems they are targetting those thinking Axe is def. not an option when it comes to personal care and fragrances.

Creed, Silver Mountain Water bodywash
    Herrera for Men bodywash
    Creed, Green Irish Tweed bodywash
    Creed, Virgin Island Water bodywash
    Dove Unscented

Almay Unscented, clear deodorant (or none).

Banned
    Blog Entries

Irish Spring, the classic "Ulster" soap. And the matching Speed Stick deodorant. Compliments most of my colognes in a subtle way, and only if you're really close to me. Honestly I don't know why they haven't made a fragrance from Irish Spring yet. It could either be a total nightmare or a strange classic if it were done right.