Code of Conduct

Thread: Guess Suede

Thumbs up Guess Suede

I think i finally found a great suede fragrance that's considerably mainstream. I don't have access to all of these fancy fragrances that are less heard of in America, and I can't afford to blind buy everything just because it has good reviews. So i took it upon my self to search for a perfect suede fragrance. I have my perfect leathers, my perfect fruity frags, my perfect vetivers, my perfect woods frags, my perfect gourmand and green frags, and basically every other category I have found something that is a 5 star fragrance, and if it's 4 stars.. it's because it is either lacking in longevity or projection. Back on topic though.. I was at Ross which is a place I never purchase fragrances, but it looked like they got some new stuff in.. and their prices are even lower than TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I got a 1.7 oz Guess Suede for 12.00.

When it opens up it's a bit fruity and reminds me of Daddy Yankee's opening quite a bit, then it dries into the ideal sued IMO. Like a new suede jacket, the type of suede that if anybody went up and smelled your arm they'd say "nice suede" and that's basically what I wanted. Though it is hard to wear a suede fragrance everyday, especially in Florida.. and I just don't have that liking for it as much as I do say leather or certain spices.

For those of you looking for a suede fragrance that is the ideal definition of a suede fragrance, than look no further.

Default Re: Guess Suede

Glad you like it! Unfortunately Guess Suede smells like a sickly sweet kid's apple scented hairspray on me!

I gave it a spray for the first time yesterday....It was ok...my girlfriends sister's new boyfriend wears it religiously...NOT MY THING

Suede is actually a difficult note to like, many don't hate it.. but they just don't consider it a favorite. I'm not saying Guess Suede is the best fragrance on the planet. It's really just a 3 star fragrance, but in the category of suede frags.. it's a 4. It's a 5 on fulfilling the suede note, but it fails in longevity and doesn't project much. It is difficult to wear often -- but I think as far has suede fragrances go, it's at the top of the list.

I love Suede and Leather...I love my Daim Blond and Chanel Cuir de Russie. I just didnt smell it in the Guess...I only tried it once. I will retest and get back to you. White Suede from Tom Ford smells exactly like Suede...

The suede in guess definitely comes out more in the middle and then ultimately in the base. Although the fruity top does let you know that this is a suede fragrance. TF is pretty good at achieving what's on the names of the bottle i.e. Tobacco Vanille & Azuree Lime; so I wouldn't doubt they get it on the White Suede.