Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 4 New CREEDS coming out!!

Hey everyone. just some info I would like to pass on. There will be 4 new creeds coming. One very soon:

- Creed Aventus (MEN) - Woody/Not fresh or Aquatic. no notes released. Will be in a leather wrapped bottle like John Varvatos, Release will be July 2010, Think bois de Santal I was told.

- Creed Woods and Spices (MENS) September release Royal Exclusives

- White flowers (Womens) November

- Creed Original Cologne - Spring 2011 - Traditional Mens Cologne
    Last edited by cairomerta; 10th May 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Default Re: 4 New CREEDS coming out!!

i think the women's fragrance has "Amalfi" in it again somewhere.

Very intrigued about what Aventus will be like. would love to see Creed focus on a woody scent (not sandalwood) and make it "younger" than Bois de Portugal. Maybe some oud in there...
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 10th May 2010 at 10:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I'll look forward to the new ladies' one with white flowers !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I will be most curious about the cologne.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Woods and Spices -- I cannot wait for this one. Aventus sounds intriguing too. The Cologne - wow. I want them all.

Thank you for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Woods and Spices -- I cannot wait for this one. Aventus sounds intriguing too. The Cologne - wow. I want them all.

Thank you for the update!
    my sentiment exactly

Blog Entries

now includes 3 hours longevity!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    didn't know the trolls come out at this hour

I lol'd heartily because I agree.

Everyone else in this thread is all like:

Woods and Spices sounds intriguing. Any ideas if one of these will be Creeds entry into something with oud?

I Love creed because their offerings are so boring that they never succed to tempt me, which is great to my pocket...

Creed has a fantastic citrus/edc catalog...Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarade, Orange Spice, Zeste Mandarin, Bois de Cedrat, Neroli Sauvage and ViW. The new Original Cologne has its work cut out for it.
    Last edited by zztopp; 11th May 2010 at 12:57 AM.
    -

Not only 3 hours longevity, but also a wrapped (with love) leather bottle! So vanguard and fresh *_*

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I'll look forward to the new ladies' one with white flowers !
    Me too! I'm a little wary of Creeds, but anything that calls itself "White Flowers" automatically goes on my to-test list.

Sadly, that's only available in a limited edition 1000ml flacon to be released at some unspecified point in the future.

Ooooooo. Count me in as excited. I'm not going to get sucked up into the marketing schtick, I'm just really interested in getting my nose on these new ones. Here's to hoping that they aren't all exclusive releases, or jacked up price one-timers, but something to add to the main line, at normal (normal, ha!) Creed prices.

Edit: Speaking of longevity, it's starting to become a pet peeve of mine on these boards. I'm slowly but surely entering the camp of SOS, in realizing just how long most scents last. I used to be a complainer of longevity, but now that I know how to apply fragrances, I notice they stick around forever. Millesime Imperial, gives me a STRONG 8+ hours.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 11th May 2010 at 01:37 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

aventus has me very intrigued. you had me at "think bois de santal", that's my favorite sandalwood ever.

eric b

Blog Entries

Should be interesting. Like Bois de Santal? Oooooh! Woods & Spices was already on my radar. And a cologne for next spring is fine by me. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Ooooooo. Count me in as excited. I'm not going to get sucked up into the marketing schtick, I'm just really interested in getting my nose on these new ones. Here's to hoping that they aren't all exclusive releases, or jacked up price one-timers, but something to add to the main line, at normal (normal, ha!) Creed prices.

Edit: Speaking of longevity, it's starting to become a pet peeve of mine on these boards. I'm slowly but surely entering the camp of SOS, in realizing just how long most scents last. I used to be a complainer of longevity, but now that I know how to apply fragrances, I notice they stick around forever. Millesime Imperial, gives me a STRONG 8+ hours.
    Interesting, What's your trick?!

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I Love creed because their offerings are so boring that they never succed to tempt me, which is great to my pocket...
    Perfectly fair. I also never craved a Ferrari because - as I liked to tell myself - I found it so awfully boring... the inability of my pocket to deal with the cost was only an added bonus or a coincidence, surely.
    Last edited by Addict; 11th May 2010 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Creed has a fantastic citrus/edc catalog...Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarade, Orange Spice, Zeste Mandarin, Bois de Cedrat, Neroli Sauvage and ViW. The new Original Cologne has its work cut out for it.
    I agree. Among the ones you mention (I know all them), I find NS too little nerolish and also too musky, Orange Spice too crude, VIW too artificial, superficial and trendy, Zeste Mandarin too heavy on grapefruity white matter, Selection Verte perfect by itself -- not a cologne, really, but a great green substitute. (My humble criticisms, by the way, should be taken within the context of the uncommonly high quality offered even by the "worst" of Creed.)

On the other hand BdC and CB are two of the greatest colognes ever made, in their assumed simplicity and purity, yeah, also short-lived, I can live with that - they are hot summer heaven - so I wonder whether the new "Cologne" couldn't be a 50:50 concoction of the two... (-:

I was tempted to mix them up myself, but I usually own only one of them at a time (i.e., for one given summer, for which purpose I find them unsurpassed).

The other way I can envisage Creed might be tempted to go with is a "complex" cologne - not a conservative variation on the most traditional recipe, but something including more woody and/or floral notes. (Anything but musk, I'd prefer.)

I guess we shall see.
    Last edited by Addict; 11th May 2010 at 03:36 AM.

Please tell me how you get a strong 8 hours from MI, i NEED to know!
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by _FP_ View Post
    Interesting, What's your trick?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Le_Male View Post
    Please tell me how you get a strong 8 hours from MI, i NEED to know!
    I'm telling ya, I used to be among those that got poor longevity on most scents. Now, I spray two shots to the pecks, and two to the navel, all under my shirt. And away I go. The fact that the fragrance is so far away from my nose, allows me to experience it for its true duration, but my constant movement makes fragrance puff out of my shirt from the sleeves, and neck area all day long! You should try it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I'm telling ya, I used to be among those that got poor longevity on most scents. Now, I spray two shots to the pecks, and two to the navel, all under my shirt. And away I go. The fact that the fragrance is so far away from my nose, allows me to experience it for its true duration, but my constant movement makes fragrance puff out of my shirt from the sleeves, and neck area all day long! You should try it.
    I too get excellent longevity out of most of my fragrances. For me, the key is to spray the back of my wrists. I get superior longevity there.

A previous poster mentioned MI. I get 12+ hours out of it, but at that point it is the ambergris drydown; the delightful topnotes are long gone.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I too get excellent longevity out of most of my fragrances. For me, the key is to spray the back of my wrists. I get superior longevity there.
    +1. I've been applying there plus a shot or two to the stomach for awhile now. Works like a charm.

Also (I'm going to yell)...USE UNSCENTED LOTION.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm looking forward to Aventus the most but the others sound great as well.

Well...anything for men in the regular Creed line will be a must try...must BUY probably!
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

I'm interested, but how much will they cost??

The woods and spices offering might interest me, the Original Cologne, probably not but I'll give Aventus a sniff.

What'll be interesting will be the faux histoire they create to accompany each fragrance, I wonder how many kings or celebs of yesteryear they'll dig up as having worn these creations; how many long forgotten dukes of lore will be reincarnated as pioneers or commissioners of these "fabled" scents?

I await with not even slightly baited breath.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It is rumoured that new PM David Cameron was annointed from the womb with Creed Aventus...Churchill selected it for him from the great beyond...
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior