Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 4 New CREEDS coming out!!

Hey everyone. just some info I would like to pass on. There will be 4 new creeds coming. One very soon:

- Creed Aventus (MEN) - Woody/Not fresh or Aquatic. no notes released. Will be in a leather wrapped bottle like John Varvatos, Release will be July 2010, Think bois de Santal I was told.

- Creed Woods and Spices (MENS) September release Royal Exclusives

- White flowers (Womens) November

- Creed Original Cologne - Spring 2011 - Traditional Mens Cologne
    Last edited by cairomerta; 10th May 2010 at 11:10 PM.

Default Re: 4 New CREEDS coming out!!

i think the women's fragrance has "Amalfi" in it again somewhere.

Very intrigued about what Aventus will be like. would love to see Creed focus on a woody scent (not sandalwood) and make it "younger" than Bois de Portugal. Maybe some oud in there...
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 10th May 2010 at 10:47 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I'll look forward to the new ladies' one with white flowers !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I will be most curious about the cologne.

Woods and Spices -- I cannot wait for this one. Aventus sounds intriguing too. The Cologne - wow. I want them all.

Thank you for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Woods and Spices -- I cannot wait for this one. Aventus sounds intriguing too. The Cologne - wow. I want them all.

Thank you for the update!
    my sentiment exactly

Blog Entries

now includes 3 hours longevity!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticcheese View Post
    didn't know the trolls come out at this hour

I lol'd heartily because I agree.

Everyone else in this thread is all like:

Woods and Spices sounds intriguing. Any ideas if one of these will be Creeds entry into something with oud?

I Love creed because their offerings are so boring that they never succed to tempt me, which is great to my pocket...

Creed has a fantastic citrus/edc catalog...Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarade, Orange Spice, Zeste Mandarin, Bois de Cedrat, Neroli Sauvage and ViW. The new Original Cologne has its work cut out for it.
    Last edited by zztopp; 11th May 2010 at 12:57 AM.
    -

Not only 3 hours longevity, but also a wrapped (with love) leather bottle! So vanguard and fresh *_*

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I'll look forward to the new ladies' one with white flowers !
    Me too! I'm a little wary of Creeds, but anything that calls itself "White Flowers" automatically goes on my to-test list.

Sadly, that's only available in a limited edition 1000ml flacon to be released at some unspecified point in the future.

Ooooooo. Count me in as excited. I'm not going to get sucked up into the marketing schtick, I'm just really interested in getting my nose on these new ones. Here's to hoping that they aren't all exclusive releases, or jacked up price one-timers, but something to add to the main line, at normal (normal, ha!) Creed prices.

Edit: Speaking of longevity, it's starting to become a pet peeve of mine on these boards. I'm slowly but surely entering the camp of SOS, in realizing just how long most scents last. I used to be a complainer of longevity, but now that I know how to apply fragrances, I notice they stick around forever. Millesime Imperial, gives me a STRONG 8+ hours.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 11th May 2010 at 01:37 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

aventus has me very intrigued. you had me at "think bois de santal", that's my favorite sandalwood ever.

eric b

Blog Entries

Should be interesting. Like Bois de Santal? Oooooh! Woods & Spices was already on my radar. And a cologne for next spring is fine by me. Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Ooooooo. Count me in as excited. I'm not going to get sucked up into the marketing schtick, I'm just really interested in getting my nose on these new ones. Here's to hoping that they aren't all exclusive releases, or jacked up price one-timers, but something to add to the main line, at normal (normal, ha!) Creed prices.

Edit: Speaking of longevity, it's starting to become a pet peeve of mine on these boards. I'm slowly but surely entering the camp of SOS, in realizing just how long most scents last. I used to be a complainer of longevity, but now that I know how to apply fragrances, I notice they stick around forever. Millesime Imperial, gives me a STRONG 8+ hours.
    Interesting, What's your trick?!

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I Love creed because their offerings are so boring that they never succed to tempt me, which is great to my pocket...
    Perfectly fair. I also never craved a Ferrari because - as I liked to tell myself - I found it so awfully boring... the inability of my pocket to deal with the cost was only an added bonus or a coincidence, surely.
    Last edited by Addict; 11th May 2010 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Creed has a fantastic citrus/edc catalog...Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarade, Orange Spice, Zeste Mandarin, Bois de Cedrat, Neroli Sauvage and ViW. The new Original Cologne has its work cut out for it.
    I agree. Among the ones you mention (I know all them), I find NS too little nerolish and also too musky, Orange Spice too crude, VIW too artificial, superficial and trendy, Zeste Mandarin too heavy on grapefruity white matter, Selection Verte perfect by itself -- not a cologne, really, but a great green substitute. (My humble criticisms, by the way, should be taken within the context of the uncommonly high quality offered even by the "worst" of Creed.)

On the other hand BdC and CB are two of the greatest colognes ever made, in their assumed simplicity and purity, yeah, also short-lived, I can live with that - they are hot summer heaven - so I wonder whether the new "Cologne" couldn't be a 50:50 concoction of the two... (-:

I was tempted to mix them up myself, but I usually own only one of them at a time (i.e., for one given summer, for which purpose I find them unsurpassed).

The other way I can envisage Creed might be tempted to go with is a "complex" cologne - not a conservative variation on the most traditional recipe, but something including more woody and/or floral notes. (Anything but musk, I'd prefer.)

I guess we shall see.
    Last edited by Addict; 11th May 2010 at 03:36 AM.

Please tell me how you get a strong 8 hours from MI, i NEED to know!
    Got Musc Ravageur/Tobacco Vanille?

Fancy sample swapping? PM ME!

Quote Originally Posted by _FP_ View Post
    Interesting, What's your trick?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Le_Male View Post
    Please tell me how you get a strong 8 hours from MI, i NEED to know!
    I'm telling ya, I used to be among those that got poor longevity on most scents. Now, I spray two shots to the pecks, and two to the navel, all under my shirt. And away I go. The fact that the fragrance is so far away from my nose, allows me to experience it for its true duration, but my constant movement makes fragrance puff out of my shirt from the sleeves, and neck area all day long! You should try it.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I'm telling ya, I used to be among those that got poor longevity on most scents. Now, I spray two shots to the pecks, and two to the navel, all under my shirt. And away I go. The fact that the fragrance is so far away from my nose, allows me to experience it for its true duration, but my constant movement makes fragrance puff out of my shirt from the sleeves, and neck area all day long! You should try it.
    I too get excellent longevity out of most of my fragrances. For me, the key is to spray the back of my wrists. I get superior longevity there.

A previous poster mentioned MI. I get 12+ hours out of it, but at that point it is the ambergris drydown; the delightful topnotes are long gone.

Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzw

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I too get excellent longevity out of most of my fragrances. For me, the key is to spray the back of my wrists. I get superior longevity there.
    +1. I've been applying there plus a shot or two to the stomach for awhile now. Works like a charm.

Also (I'm going to yell)...USE UNSCENTED LOTION.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I'm looking forward to Aventus the most but the others sound great as well.

Well...anything for men in the regular Creed line will be a must try...must BUY probably!

I'm interested, but how much will they cost??

The woods and spices offering might interest me, the Original Cologne, probably not but I'll give Aventus a sniff.

What'll be interesting will be the faux histoire they create to accompany each fragrance, I wonder how many kings or celebs of yesteryear they'll dig up as having worn these creations; how many long forgotten dukes of lore will be reincarnated as pioneers or commissioners of these "fabled" scents?

I await with not even slightly baited breath.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It is rumoured that new PM David Cameron was annointed from the womb with Creed Aventus...Churchill selected it for him from the great beyond...

LOL... I love the haters.

Davidoff (and almost every other designer frag) can run the same advertisement of a ripped guy sitting in a boat in a g-string with his crotch in your face, for YEARS. and that's fine.

but it's CREED's marketing that is ridiculous.

Holy mother of god. That is so much more ammunition for Creed threads on the board!

Yeah, looking forward to the releases. My money would be on Original Cologne.

Does anyone else think too that Creed is taking some 'naming' inspiration from Montale? ;-)

I am looking forward to these for sure!!! Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

I'm going to buy these

Because they are Creeds

Had to! We all like talking about their marketing. They all sound pretty interesting but Aventus really sounds intriguing. Awesome name and sounds like it will have an awesome bottle!

Oh and it'll have fragrance inside too I guess
    Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

the best citrus of any house, and it's not close.

And yes, given how many of those great citrus notes are present, I, up until this thread, assumed the upcoming cologne would be a strong combo of them all, in addition to some exquisite floral drydown....we'll see. but yes, quite a chore is cut out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    I agree. Among the ones you mention (I know all them), I find NS too little nerolish and also too musky, Orange Spice too crude, VIW too artificial, superficial and trendy, Zeste Mandarin too heavy on grapefruity white matter, Selection Verte perfect by itself -- not a cologne, really, but a great green substitute. (My humble criticisms, by the way, should be taken within the context of the uncommonly high quality offered even by the "worst" of Creed.) On the other hand BdC and CB are two of the greatest colognes ever made, in their assumed simplicity and purity, yeah, also short-lived, I can live with that - they are hot summer heaven - so I wonder whether the new "Cologne" couldn't be a 50:50 concoction of the two... (-: I was tempted to mix them up myself, but I usually own only one of them at a time (i.e., for one given summer, for which purpose I find them unsurpassed). The other way I can envisage Creed might be tempted to go with is a "complex" cologne - not a conservative variation on the most traditional recipe, but something including more woody and/or floral notes. (Anything but musk, I'd prefer.) I guess we shall see.
    I think the title precludes "Original Cologne" from being a combo of BdC & CB, although it very well may contain strong amounts of their topnotes.

Prior to Cairo making this thread, I was "originally" assuming the upcoming Creed "Cologne" to be a very strong (perhaps even EDP) take on traditional EDC's, like Colonia, Extra Vieille, PLJH, only with a much heavier floral/rose component, maybe like a stronger Rose/Tonka drydown like Colonia, but with a fresh and unexpected floral element to it. And of course, since it was a creed, I was expecting the most superior citrus imagineable.

But again, I think the title "Original Cologne", also precludes the above from being the case. I think this will indeed be the 3rd in the "Original" trio, and will have a gradient-glass bottle like Original vetiver & Original Santal.....what color the gradient will be I do not know, perhaps a pale and classy yellow/orange gradient? Perhaps a cleaner or simpler gradient of glass fading into frosted glass/matte glass. i am unsure.

But the title "Original Cologne", in addition to dictating the styling of the packaging in accordance with the existing CREED line, I think it also perhaps hints at the overall character of the composition......being that both OS & OV are long-lasting fragrances built around a central synthetic/long-lasting accord, I think this new Creed may very well do the same with one of the newer "post-regulation" citrus components, or maybe a combo of other long-lasting, low-volatility citrus notes, with many more accessible and perhaps more natural notes flanking that lasting central accord.

I, for one, hope, that if the house has indeed decided to make this a very accessible mainstream release, the re-marketing of the traditional cologne for the 21st century, that they at least use more natural oils than the other "originals", or at least that it's impression is more natural seeming.

As for the others, I am very curious as to if Aventus would be as animalic as Bois De Santal, or as "Woody", Bois De Santal is devoid of any contemporary sweetener, devoid of seemingly any other wood besides Sandalwood, and has a large dose of natural animalic note(s). I am curious if Aventus is aimed at a wider, mainstream audience, or if perhaps will be a niche woody, uber-masculine throwback, presented in limited edition leather atomizers for $ridculous.00 ......hmm. *stumped*

And the woods and spices I'm also very interested in, so long as it's not some awful syrupy sweet copy of the Montale bearing the same name.

Very eager for all 3, but the "Original Cologne" the most, as it has the most uncertainty as to it's direction.

I want to try them all, the woods and spices could be very interesting.

Sure Dullah, at this moment we can only speculate (and dream (-

My question is: will Citrus Bigarrade, BdC and others have their formula changed because of some dumb EU regulations?

The way things are going right now, Creed might be one of the few European producers immune to IFRA changes. I don't think they are members or boast of IFRA compliance and their in-house production prevents their formulas from being reshaped by IFRA member manufacturers. That doesn't mean they'd be safe from any EU regulations but those have yet to make an impact like the IFRA.

Thanks for the info, Z.

Basically what's the beef of the EU komissars? The mild allergenic/sun-sensitizing potential of citruses or what? If so, what will they be substituted with? Some "healthy" chemicals?

In the words of a great American patriot, give me my real lemon or give me death! (-: :-)

From what I was told the bottle for Aventus will be the regular 4oz bottles but wrapped in leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    The way things are going right now, Creed might be one of the few European producers immune to IFRA changes. I don't think they are members or boast of IFRA compliance and their in-house production prevents their formulas from being reshaped by IFRA member manufacturers. That doesn't mean they'd be safe from any EU regulations but those have yet to make an impact like the IFRA.
    You wish ..
    -

---
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 13th May 2010 at 08:49 AM.

Creed are not immune from the regulations. Just ask Cuir de Russie. The last batch (while still very very nice) was a paler birch-tar limited version of its former self. The amount of birch-tar permissable now makes its production (and that of other russain leathers from other houses) nigh-on impossible, even with reformulation.

I will look forward to these releases as an indicator of the new direction for Creed in the current environment. Will the quality hold up? Will these clearly be out-sourced frags made from good current materials with a high percentage of synthetics and semi synthetics like their recent releases seemed to me to be. Or a continuation of the tradition from which their notariety comes - that of classic (sometimes slightly clumsy) formulae made with lots of excellent naturals and a smattering of synthetic improvers? If it is the former, I'm done with new stuff from this house.....
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Creed = BondNo9 = Cashcow = *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Will these clearly be out-sourced frags made from good current materials with a high percentage of synthetics and semi synthetics like their recent releases seemed to me to be. Or a continuation of the tradition from which their notariety comes - that of classic (sometimes slightly clumsy) formulae made with lots of excellent naturals and a smattering of synthetic improvers? If it is the former, I'm done with new stuff from this house.....
    dude... overreact much? I looked at your reviews... you have reviewed almost every Creed in existence (old and new) and only give Original Santal a thumbs-down. Overall, you give glowing reviews to just about everything they make.

and now you're just about "done with new stuff from this house"? a little dramatic, aren't we? man, OS did some damage! hahaha...

and if you are "done with this house" if they have to comply with EU regulations... are you also done with all European houses?
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 13th May 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    dude... overreact much? I looked at your reviews... you have reviewed almost every Creed in existence (old and new) and only give Original Santal a thumbs-down. Overall, you give glowing reviews to just about everything they make.

and now you're just about "done with new stuff from this house"? a little dramatic, aren't we? man, OS did some damage! hahaha...

and if you are "done with this house" if they have to comply with EU regulations... are you also done with all European houses?
    Dude, just looked through a list of your posts. Pretty much all about creed. I haven't time to read through them now so I will just ask: do you work for creed or are you associated with them in any way?
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

You wish ..
    I don't wish =( Creed's marketing and faux-history is infuriatingly flimsy and I find their products astronomically overpriced for the middle-of-the-pack results. But they aren't IFRA members (as far as I can tell) and they supposedly don't outsource their production, hence escaping IFRA regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Creed = BondNo9 = Cashcow = *yawn*
    Dimitri, I really respect your opinion, but in this case I must disagree to an extent. Sure, Creed is in the business to make money, why wouldn't they be? But their releases feel very different from Bond's. All of Bond's releases are either directly related to a current trend, or are derivatives of either their own past releases or current best-sellers. They all come in unique, bright and flashy bottles, hopefully drawing your attention away from the crap in the bottle. Would, Bond come out with a traditional cologne? Idk, maybe it's just the fact that I DON'T hate Creed speaking here, but I find Creed's releases, while still definitely hit or miss, at least more unique than Bond's.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Dude, just looked through a list of your posts. Pretty much all about creed. I haven't time to read through them now so I will just ask: do you work for creed or are you associated with them in any way?
    haha... i WISH! no... I simply prefer their "nature"-based scents over the more synthetic "i wanna get laid tonight" vibe that most other colognes have. I don't like all Creeds (far from), and I do have other scents I own, like, and wear - including YSL, Amouage, Caron, Le Labo, Hermes, and Tom Ford.

good job avoiding my (legit) criticism of your post.

haha... i WISH! no... I simply prefer their "nature"-based scents over the more synthetic "i wanna get laid tonight" vibe that most other colognes have. I don't like all Creeds (far from), and I do have other scents I own, like, and wear - including YSL, Amouage, Caron, Le Labo, Hermes, and Tom Ford.

good job avoiding my (legit) criticism of your post.
    Hirch said he doesn't like their trend towards more synthetic smelling releases and desires a return to the more natural style he prefers. He can still like Creed while disliking their new approach, he doesn't have to renounce his past praises.

Dimitri, I really respect your opinion, but in this case I must disagree to an extent. Sure, Creed is in the business to make money, why wouldn't they be? But their releases feel very different from Bond's. All of Bond's releases are either directly related to a current trend, or are derivatives of either their own past releases or current best-sellers. They all come in unique, bright and flashy bottles, hopefully drawing your attention away from the crap in the bottle. Would, Bond come out with a traditional cologne? Idk, maybe it's just the fact that I DON'T hate Creed speaking here, but I find Creed's releases, while still definitely hit or miss, at least more unique than Bond's.
    Creed have never produced anything that has wowed me... perhaps just one scent I found a mild appreciation for (Fleurs de Bulgarie) - and keep in mind that this is coming from someone who used to work with the brand.
    Bond No9 follow the same formula as Creed as far as Im concerned: there has only even been one Bond scent that I didnt turn my nose up at (Brooklyn). Both houses churn out fragrances by the dozen, and charge the earth for very mediocre offerings at best.
    To my mind of course.

Creed have never produced anything that has wowed me... perhaps just one scent I found a mild appreciation for (Fleurs de Bulgarie) - and keep in mind that this is coming from someone who used to work with the brand.
    Bond No9 follow the same formula as Creed as far as Im concerned: there has only even been one Bond scent that I didnt turn my nose up at (Brooklyn). Both houses churn out fragrances by the dozen, and charge the earth for very mediocre offerings at best.
    To my mind of course.
    I'm there with you on all counts ( including Fleurs de Bulgarie, though the now-discontinued Cypres-Musc was pleasant wearing too ). I keep an open mind and try the Creeds every time I pass a Creed counter, but frag after frag leaves me apathetic on each visit.

To my mind of course.
    Sorry dude, but don't you fawn over Xerjoff (which is definitely not superior to any of the current niche houses in materials or composition) like its an otherwordly house ? I guess we all have different tastes ..
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    Hirch said he doesn't like their trend towards more synthetic smelling releases and desires a return to the more natural style he prefers. He can still like Creed while disliking their new approach, he doesn't have to renounce his past praises.
    he can like or dislike whatever he wants. I'm just trying to clarify an apparent contradiction in his remarks. How can he say he doesn't like their trend toward more synthetic releases when he's only given ONE Creed frag a thumbs down?

Himalaya, Original Vetiver, Tabarome Millesime, Neroli Sauvage, Millesime Imperial... he likes them all. Seems like they put out one fragrance he didn't like (Original Santal), and he's now ready to jump ship.

Just struck me as odd and a bit hyperbolic, that's all...

I guess we all have different tastes ..
    The day that everyone on this website accepts this truth as gospel is the day this website DIES. hahaha...

this whole place is sustained by people thinking that THEIR tastes are the best. then arguing about it ad nauseum. kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

(but fun)

The day that everyone on this website accepts this truth as gospel is the day this website DIES. hahaha...

this whole place is sustained by people thinking that THEIR tastes are the best. then arguing about it ad nauseum. kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

(but fun)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

(but fun)
    True, but only true for the male fragrance forum, I've found. The women get along just fine.

he can like or dislike whatever he wants. I'm just trying to clarify an apparent contradiction in his remarks. How can he say he doesn't like their trend toward more synthetic releases when he's only given ONE Creed frag a thumbs down?

Himalaya, Original Vetiver, Tabarome Millesime, Neroli Sauvage, Millesime Imperial... he likes them all. Seems like they put out one fragrance he didn't like (Original Santal), and he's now ready to jump ship.

Just struck me as odd and a bit hyperbolic, that's all...
    One thing to consider is that he has not reviewed most of the recent releases (e.g., Windsor), so the directory does not capture his opnions on them. Hirch has given us opinions on 27 of the 57 Creeds listed in the directory and without reading every post he has made, I don't pretend to know his opinion on the other 30 (plus whatever may not be in the directory, such as their recent Vanilla offering).
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 13th May 2010 at 06:06 PM.

Muffin you're abusing a fellow member and I don't like it. It isn't the first time you've picked on members here, and I think it's the third time recently.

I've read the posts in question and I don't think there's anything contradictory, anything hyperbolic, and anything my friend Hirch needs to answer for you.

I think you're looking for a fight. I think you're frequently looking for a fight.

Hirch and anyone can report his/her thoughts on scents here, and Hirch does his unflagging good job of it. You've got no call to look for a fight.

Members here are smart enough to see what's going on.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Muffin you're abusing a fellow member and I don't like it. It isn't the first time you've picked on members here, and I think it's the third time recently.

I've read the posts in question and I don't think there's anything contradictory, anything hyperbolic, and anything my friend Hirch needs to answer for you.

I think you're looking for a fight. I think you're frequently looking for a fight.

Hirch and anyone can report his/her thoughts on scents here, and Hirch does his unflagging good job of it. You've got no call to look for a fight.

Members here are smart enough to see what's going on.
    what. the. hell.

dude, relax. nobody is abusing anybody. i wanted his clarification on his sudden change of heart about Creed fragrances. he's the one who got defensive and asked if I worked for Creed for cryin out loud.

did you not see where I said "He can like or dislike whatever he wants"? If that is what you call abuse, then yep, I'm a straight-up torture den. LOL...

I was just discussing. You know, like... conversation? I could have sworn this was a discussion forum.

P.S. - I really don't think you need to stick up for "hirch". Besides the fact that I wasn't attacking him, I think he's quite capable of speaking for himself.