Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: 4 New CREEDS coming out!!

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    One thing to consider is that he has not reviewed most of the recent releases (e.g., Windsor), so the directory does not capture his opnions on them. Hirch has given us opinions on 27 of the 57 Creeds listed in the directory and without reading every post he has made, I don't pretend to know his opinion on the other 30 (plus whatever may not be in the directory, such as their recent Vanilla offering).
    1 - Windsor isn't a recent release.

2 - I don't pretend to know his opinion either. that's why I was asking him to clarify.

jesus f*cking christ, NEVERMIND.

I surely don't give THIS much of a sh*t about his opinion, that's for sure.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 13th May 2010 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    what. the. hell.

dude, relax. nobody is abusing anybody. i wanted his clarification on his sudden change of heart about Creed fragrances. he's the one who got defensive and asked if I worked for Creed for cryin out loud.

did you not see where I said "He can like or dislike whatever he wants"? If that is what you call abuse, then yep, I'm a straight-up torture den. LOL...

I was just discussing. You know, like... conversation? I could have sworn this was a discussion forum.

P.S. - I really don't think you need to stick up for "hirch". Besides the fact that I wasn't attacking him, I think he's quite capable of speaking for himself.
    I think I've been very direct with you and relaxed. Your bullying I've called bullying. Your fight seeking I've called fight seeking. Now you don't like that I stick up for another member and even suggest there's something inappropriate and disrespectful of my doing so, since another member can stick up for him or herself. That's more bullying to intimidate anyone from confronting you. I'm being direct with you because what you're doing isn't direct and isn't discussion.

Your posts here involve personal attacks and slights. You don't discuss things, you dismiss things and dismiss members. That's what you mean by your "discussing."

Members here are smart folks and can see.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Sorry dude, but don't you fawn over Xerjoff (which is definitely not superior to any of the current niche houses in materials or composition) like its an otherwordly house ? I guess we all have different tastes ..
    Um, no.
    Now you're just being silly. I might have "fawned" over XerJoff over a year ago when I was first exposed to it, but if you'd been paying close attention, you'd have noted that Ive barely participated in any of the recent XerJoff threads. So no, no "fawning" here. Sor-ree! You can cut XerJoff to the ground and I won't move a muscle. To each their own.
    But now you mention it, the two are incomparable. My humble opinion views 99% of Creed releases as mediocre. Period.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 13th May 2010 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    I think I've been very direct with you and relaxed. Your bullying I've called bullying. Your fight seeking I've called fight seeking. Now you don't like that I stick up for another member and even suggest there's something inappropriate and disrespectful of my doing so, since another member can stick up for him or herself. That's more bullying to intimidate anyone from confronting you. I'm being direct with you because what you're doing isn't direct and isn't discussion.

Your posts here involve personal attacks and slights. You don't discuss things, you dismiss things and dismiss members. That's what you mean by your "discussing."

Members here are smart folks and can see.
    Soooorrrrry, Daaaaaad. Please don't send me to bed without dinner...

LOL

You are pathetic. Truly. Members here are smart folks and can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Sorry dude, but don't you fawn over Xerjoff (which is definitely not superior to any of the current niche houses in materials or composition) like its an otherwordly house ? ..
    whoa whoa whoa whoa.... dude, why the ABUSE?!?!?

members here are smart and can see that.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 13th May 2010 at 08:06 PM.

1 - Windsor isn't a recent release.

2 - I don't pretend to know his opinion either. that's why I was asking him to clarify.

jesus f*cking christ, NEVERMIND.

I surely don't give THIS much of a sh*t about his opinion, that's for sure.
    As to Windsor, there was no public availability or discussion of this fragrance on Basenotes before 2009. Whether it existed before then, I cannot tell. But we were not aware of it here.

While it is reasonable to want to understand another member's opinion, I fail to see any reason for any upset on your part. I was merely attempting to interact with your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    As to Windsor, there was no public availability or discussion of this fragrance on Basenotes before 2009. Whether it existed before then, I cannot tell. But we were not aware of it here.

While it is reasonable to want to understand another member's opinion, I fail to see any reason for any upset on your part. I was merely attempting to interact with your thoughts.
    Dude, I'm not mad at you at all. freakin DustB is like a chihuahua on my leg and I can't shake him off. sorry you had to catch shrapnel...

Windsor is a re-release. it was originally made decades ago for the Duke of whatever (i personally don't care). you can tell by its composition though that it is definitely a more classic scent, reminiscent of their EdTs... I was just saying that it wouldn't be part of the "new wave" that hirch apparently can't stand yet rates highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    I agree. Among the ones you mention (I know all them), I find NS too little nerolish and also too musky, Orange Spice too crude, VIW too artificial, superficial and trendy, Zeste Mandarin too heavy on grapefruity white matter, Selection Verte perfect by itself -- not a cologne, really, but a great green substitute. (...)
    A quick mea culpa. I worn today SV again after quite some time: you were right, it is a cologne, even if a slightly greenish one. I probably mixed up in my memory bank SV and Green Valley.

So probably one could safely talk about (so far) a trio of true Creed Eau de Colognes: Citrus Bigarrade, Bois du Cedrat, Selection Verte.

(Caveat: I never had the occasion to sniff Feuille Verte. I would love to, just one sniff, for the sake of the experience.)

Dude, I'm not mad at you at all. freakin DustB is like a chihuahua on my leg and I can't shake him off. sorry you had to catch shrapnel...

Windsor is a re-release. it was originally made decades ago for the Duke of whatever (i personally don't care). you can tell by its composition though that it is definitely a more classic scent, reminiscent of their EdTs... I was just saying that it wouldn't be part of the "new wave" that hirch apparently can't stand yet rates highly.
    Pretty sure it's a new release, despite what Creed would have you believe. The Creed family does have a long documented history of serving royalty . . . as tailors and hat-makers. The earliest record for their fragrance releases was sometime in the 70s, maybe 60s. Even if it were a re-release the formula now includes a number of modern synthetics that weren't available at its claimed creation date. And who would want to smell like a Nazi sympathizer?
    Last edited by Zizanioides; 13th May 2010 at 08:58 PM.

Soooorrrrry, Daaaaaad. Please don't send me to bed without dinner...

LOL

You are pathetic. Truly. Members here are smart folks and can see that.
    DustB is cool and one of the most reasonable posters on this forum, you're doing yourself no favours here insulting people, this is not that kind of forum. Please chill.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    DustB is cool and one of the most reasonable posters on this forum, you're doing yourself no favours here insulting people, this is not that kind of forum. Please chill.
    if people talk down to me like I'm their child, then they will get insulted. treat me with respect and I will return the favor.

He started this crap. I don't care who he is or how many posts he has. It's pathetic that he acts like he owns this place and needs to defend people from "abuse" that is purely in his head only. Trust me, if I wanted to attack or abuse someone, I would. And I wouldn't hide it and there would be no question about it. That's just not the case here.

I was simply trying to engage Hirch in a discussion about his opinion about the direction Creed is taking.

I don't doubt that Creed pushed some claims a little far. On the other hand, let's not go and overassert the other extreme.

http://blog.creedboutique.com/breaki...ters/#more-150

There is a limit to how daring and an elaborate a hoax could be. I can believe Creed have embellished a tad the extent of their historical reputation, but it is highly unlikely that they would have just made it up altogether.

It's amazing. Creed is like the kryptonite for this board.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    Pretty sure it's a new release, despite what Creed would have you believe. The Creed family does have a long documented history of serving royalty . . . as tailors and hat-makers. The earliest record for their fragrance releases was sometime in the 70s, maybe 60s. Even if it were a re-release the formula now includes a number of modern synthetics that weren't available at its claimed creation date. And who would want to smell like a Nazi sympathizer?
    hey, if you have a source that says Windsor was never made or thought of before 2009, then please provide it, and I'll believe it. Until then, I'll believe that it's an older recipe.

That is beside the point. The point I was making was the Windsor is very distinct from the recent Millesime-trend that Creed has been on for the past decade or two (which, again, is what hirch was criticizing). whether it was made in 1960 or 2009 is ancillary to the heart of the discussion. (the discussion DustB hijacked and turned to sh*t)

P.S. - have you ever used a spoon? You have? Nazi's used spoons too. Why would you want to eat like a Nazi?
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 13th May 2010 at 09:13 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Locking this thread as it has made its point long ago. Flaming comments continue.