Code of Conduct

Default Profumum Santalum (Dark Brown/Black Version) Availability

Original Dark Version

Recent Formulation

My decant of Santalum is running low and I'm looking into buying a bottle. From what I've heard/gathered the old darker version isn't actually discontinued or been reformulated but instead available at the Profumum Roma boutiques in Europe and what they sell through Luckyscent, etc...to be a re-engineering of the scent for western appeal.

It looks like you can still somehow get the old formulation though it's more of an european exclusive. Shops in Italy still carry the dark version but a possible explanation might just be, it's left overstock?

Luckyscent Review

"Kudos to the staff at Luckyscent who went out of their way to find me an original Santalum formulation. Excellent customer service and a wonderful scent."

Anyone have any insight into this or been to a Profumum Roma boutique in Europe?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th May 2010 at 04:58 AM.

Default Re: Profumum Santalum (Dark Brown/Black Version) Availability

PM sent.

Basenotes Institution

nsamadi - in your opinion, how different is the 'new' formulation of Santalum from the dark 'old' one? I've only ever smelled the dark juice and I think its wonderful...although I rarely wear it outside of Fall/Winter season because it's so heavy & thick. Is the new one still as cinnamon prominent?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    nsamadi - in your opinion, how different is the 'new' formulation of Santalum from the dark 'old' one? I've only ever smelled the dark juice and I think its wonderful...although I rarely wear it outside of Fall/Winter season because it's so heavy & thick. Is the new one still as cinnamon prominent?
    Some luckyscent review of some guy who wears it as a signature:

I bought Santalum about a year ago and really enjoy the richness and warmth of its scent. I bought another bottle this year and was disappointed in the re-engineering done to the product. It's dark ambery appearance has been replaced with a slightly off-color yellow. The product's scent is lighter now and much of the richness of its former rendition is no longer present to my nose. That is too bad. I wonder what happened here?

I wrote about the differences here and the thread also indicates it's still available in stores. This thread also indicates it's available in the shops in Italy.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 12th May 2010 at 05:04 AM.