Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anybody bears wearing Secretions Magnifiques?

Today I received a 10ml of Secretions Magnifiques that I bought from one of my decant sellers. I did the stupid mistake of dabbing a little of this one in my pulse. God, I'm so horrified with the smell! I had to try to wash it away, but this one refused to go even with alcohool. I'm so shocked, how can a beast like this receive 5 stars? Has Luca Turin gone nuts?
    This one reminds me of broken eggs and that nasty scents that emanates from dog vomits, a scent that seems to intensify even when o desperately try to clean it.
    Can anybody use this one without puking? And what does the smell remind you?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Does anybody bears wearing Secretions Magnifiques?

There's a couple of funny reaction videos on Youtube on this. Made me never want to try this, haha.

It seems the trick is to not sniff your skin... the scent is appalling at skin level, and apparently weird otherwise. But there are those who say that the sillage isn't as bad as the initial reaction close up. I think Turin's rating may be on sheer ballsy originality. (pun very much intended)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 12th May 2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: fingers don't type correctly! :)
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

I don't mind it. It's a flat aquatic floral with a weird iodine vibe, nothing more and nothing less. I don't wear it because I find it uninteresting, not because I find it revolting.
    Which would lead me to believe that all those vomiting-scrubbing-and-heaving reactions are just so much hyperbole and hype, were it not for the fact that I'm also entirely oblivious to cumin, civet, honey, ammonia, dirty musks and other "ripe" aromas. I guess they just don't affect me much.
    Last edited by Morgaine; 12th May 2010 at 12:04 AM.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    It seems the trick is to not sniff your skin... the scent is appalling at skin level, and apparently weird otherwise. But there are those who say that the sillage isn't as bad as the initial reaction close up. I think Turin's rating may be on sheer ballsy originality. (pun very much intended)
    Actias, at first i smelled the scent directly from the bottle, but i found so horrible that i decided to try a little on skin. On skin i can detect the light floral side of it, but the initial blast of it makes it impossible to me to wait for what will came next. I almost vomit when i approximated my wrist to my nose. It's very a vomit scent to me, a bad originality

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    I don't mind it. It's a flat aquatic floral with a weird iodine vibe, nothing more and nothing less. I don't wear it because I find it uninteresting, not because I find it revolting.
    Which would lead me to believe that all those vomiting-scrubbing-and-heaving reactions are just so much hyperbole and hype, were it not for the fact that I'm also entirely oblivious to cumin, civet, honey, ammonia, dirty musks and other "ripe" aromas. I guess they just don't affect me much.
    I don't know about other people reactions, but to me is not hyperbole at all. I almost vomited when i smelled this one on me. I like cumin, honey, dirty scents, but this one is a big, big no to me.