Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 12 May

Good morning!

After Hermès Bel Ami another pour homme scent with leather and vetiver notes: Caron Yatagan

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 12 May

Iris de nuit Heeley
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

Blog Entries

Shaal Nur ................day.

Mitsouko...................evening.

Aomassai..................slumber with style.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Chanel N°5

- Eau de Parfum -

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 12 May

( from samples )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I'm just going to bed now; rather late I might add (it's 2:00 a.m. here), but have every intention of wearing...
    Ivoire de Balmain
    Have a splendidly fragrant day, everyone!

Felt the need for a "guy's" frag this ayem....specifically spices and woods, with maybe some incense and amber and vetiver thrown in.

Voila!!

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Knize Ten

Good morning everyone Today is a sunny and warmer day than for weeks. In the mood for something rosey,so I ended up with Sa majeste la rose.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

A cool and rainy day here, made warmer by Rose des Bois by Profumo.it.
    This one I have to dab on rather than spray or I find it overwhelming. It lasts and lasts.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 12th May 2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet this morning.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Narciso Rodriguez Essence.

['White Lillies', Henri Fantin Latour, c1883]

Penhaligon's Lily & Spice

Head Notes: White Madonna Lily and Saffron
    Heart Notes: Hot Pepper and Clove
    Base Notes: White Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla and Benzoin

I know lily is a love or hate note - I love it! This one has been on my radar for a while, and stupidly I forgot to try it out in the store. I've been eyeing blind buys on eBay for a while, and it finally came up within my budget! Yays! It's fantastic, not an overblown bunch but a couple of stems just opened. There're cloves keeping it dry, and it's edging towards a slightly powdery vanilla. The perfumer was Mathilde Bijaoui, who has just done Tilda Swinton's Like This for Etat Libre D'orange.
    Last edited by Petra Ichor; 12th May 2010 at 12:36 PM.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

N_Tesla ~ I like to wear Aomassai to bed as well! In fact, I wear it to sleep more than any other occassion! My daughter says it smells like a scented candle.

Today, it's Havana Vanille by L'Artisan

Basenotes Plus

A rainy, chilly morning. I'm wearing the luscious Anné Pliska today.

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Zino!
    Last edited by Furriner; 12th May 2010 at 01:20 PM.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Hello everyone!

I'm in another recently rediscovered rare beauty - Rose Cardin by Pierre Cardin, a lush and sexy rose chypre from 1990. This should really be in the Unsung Treasures thread, but I had almost completely forgotten about it until I actually laid eyes on it again a few weeks ago (in the same store in Sint Maarten where I found the Mystère - it was a very good store!)

Top notes - May rose, Rosewood, Peach, Apricot, Bergamot, Coriander
    Middle notes - Blackcurrant buds, Jasmine, Cardamom
    Base notes - Patchouli, Labdanum, Musk, Sandalwood, Oakmoss

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Eau Sauvage- Dior

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense - Zagorsk.

Notes include white incense, pine, pimento berries, violet, cedar, iris, hinoki wood and birch wood.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cuir de Lancome this morning. Maybe not really the right weather, but I miss this one when I don't wear it. So it crossed my mind this morning, and I took that as a sign from the perfume gods - "this is the one for you today". Hmmm, now I am hearing voices........

Happy Wednesday to all! I'm wearing my comfy red dress and a comfy red scent...

The Gres Cabaret bottle, in all its garish glory. :-)
    Last edited by Haunani; 12th May 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Dior's Escale à Portofino for me this morning.

Basenotes Institution

Morning all !

My scent of the morning is Eau de NOTHING ! I had a dreadful migraine yesterday afternoon (the kind where you feel dizzy and want to puke ) , last night, through the night and here I am this morning, with my head still aching a bit - so I dare not risk it. I blame that darned Natori sample I tried yesterday .

Have a great new day everyone and many hugs to everyone ! Love you all as always !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Institution

Heritage (vintage Eau de Parfum) by Guerlain

The very last few drops from my decant bottle. I seriously need to find a full bottle of this, one of these days. In a class by itself.

I'm in another Keiko Mecheri sample -- Cuir Cordoba. This must be the most cheerful, unassertive leather/suede ever created, warm and sunny with some kind of apricotty fruit note. If this fragrance met Bandit or even Cabochard in a dark alley, it would get its butt kicked. I'm not really getting violet or green from this, but the suede note is prominent albeit very polite.
    Last edited by Thalia; 12th May 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Good morning! It sounds like we've pinched the sun for where I am in Canada...?

Evangeline, the Rose Cardin bottle is very pretty, and I like the Gres Cabaret bottle too, Haunani!

I'm flying medium today in Vera Wang's Bouquet again. I've been bummed the last couple of days because I'm being 'displaced' from my job. Boo! So, YSL's Baby Doll will follow later as a pick-me-up.

Oh, almost forgot to say how much I like C Rose's Annayake pour Elle bottle from yesterday's SOTD.

I'll lend some of our sunshine to all. Have a fragrant day!
    Last edited by whitelace; 12th May 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I'm in another recently rediscovered rare beauty - Rose Cardin by Pierre Cardin.
    I have that in my collection, haven't sniffed it in 10 years or so,
    literally, so it's probably gone bad by now. I'll look into it!

SotE;

Hot Couture
    de Givenchy

- Eau de Parfum -

Basenotes Plus

Seems like quite a few people are having headaches/migraines & veritgo lately. {{{{{{{{hug!}}}}}}}}

The weird weather isn't helping. I know it only 47 degrees & drizzling here. My poor iris are not faring well in this. The flower petals are so fagile, the slighest wind or rain beats them down. That's one of them in my new avatar.

SOTD is DSH perfumes Cafe Noir.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Le Baiser Du Dragon today.

Following Roberto's lead from yesterday.

Diptyque Vetyverio

This is a very good vetiver fragrance from Diptyque it is reminding me of a similar contruction to Tam Dao but with vetiver as the spine of the fragrance instead of sandalwood as in Tam Dao. Really want to wear this on a blazing hot day because I think it is going to be fabulous in those conditions.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 12th May 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Joining RHM in sending out (((hugs))) today. So many luscious scents, many of them florals, being worn -- you folks are a veritable walking garden of delights. Haunani, I love that bottle! It looks like Jeannie's bottle!

I haven't chosen a scent for today; will repost if I do. Take care, all.

Marilyn Miglin Goddess, a lovely blend of rose, osmanthus and fruits.

Gosh, what terrible weather. Cold rain is ever so much more diappointing in the spring, after one has actually been warm. I continue to need a musk-cuddle, today from Auric Blends' Vanilla Musk.

Blog Entries

It's an overcast morning on the Oregon coast, so I needed a pick me up. Couldn't even decide on a scent, so turned to this thread and thought of becoming a scent twin with someone. Ooolala30, today I was a step away from becoming a scent twin with you since I considered trying on my sample of Le Baiser Du Dragon, but no... I have a sample of Narcisso Rodriguez Essence, it's been sitting in my drawer forever, so for a minute I considered that one... but RHM set my mind to the right idea! I was just recently at DSH studio, and I smelled Cafe Noir there, and something in it didn't appeal to me, and the very friendly person there suggested me to try Lumiere, another fragrance with coffee and spices. Oh dear!! This is the pick me up I needed. It's delicious. Now, back to work!! I feel the rush of energy all of a sudden!

Ah yes, almost forgot -- I am testing a Notre Flore Neroli on my other arm. Variety is the spice of life.

On this very hot day, some refreshing Ma Griffe.

My SOTE last night was Mitsouko. I find it so comforting to "retreat" to it after confusing my nose by sampling this and that.

Hope you feeling very much better, very soon, mysticknot!
    (& thank you WhiteLace! I'm having fun shooting my bottles -- with my iphone! but then lots of tweaking in photoshop.)

Everyone smells so wonderful today.

Mysticknot, I hope you'll be back in the pink soon and headache free.

Wearing No 5 Eau Premiere today.

Happy Wednesday, all!

Mysticknot - Hope you are feeling better. I would blame the Natori, as well.

Today is my little girl's 6th birthday! Left work early yesterday, because she wanted to get things ready for tomorrow. We baked a big bunch of brownies (from scratch!) and also made little goodie bags for the entire class. She's very excited. Tonight, we will have a little dinner (her request: spaghetti) and then cake and a few presents.

In honor of my little girl and her big day, I'm wearing one of her favorites (on me) as my...

SOTD: Juicy Couture

Declaration Cartier Pour Homme
    Gary

I'm sampling some YSL Opium Poésie de Chine this afternoon, which a kind fraggie friend sent. I'm in love with it. It is luscious. I just finished making a huge batch of chili for my husband's office potluck party tomorrow. I don't know what we'll be having this evening...maybe some quesadillas from leftovers. I don't want to spoil him too much!

Mysticknot, hope that mean beastie migraine is gone. Poor baby!

Happy Birthday to RainDropSparkle’s little girl!

Have a nice evening, all!

Caron Pour Un Homme

Started off the cloudy overcast morning in a perfume schizophrenic mood... so side by side (as opposed to one after the other like yesterday) comparisons of Dzing! and Chanel Cuir de Russie. I LOVE them both, but they are very different versions of leather.

This got me craving some tobacco and so I snuck a tiny dab of SSS Tabac Aurea on the back of one hand, which seems, to my newbie nose, to have a touch of leather as well. Tabac Aurea has really grown on me, might need a bottle.

Finally showered and the sun has come out, yippee!

I tried a sample of Chanel 28 La Pausa. Such a beautiful-earthy-sheer-ethereal IRIS..... which had absolutely NO lasting power on my skin. There is one of the Les Exclusifs that I don't have to lust over.
    Last edited by *bloomy*; 12th May 2010 at 09:37 PM.

Basenotes Institution

My kind friends ! Thanks for the well wishes The migraine has gone now thank goodness .

So... scent of the afternoon has to be Carnal Flower. I am sorry to be boring sometimes with my scents but I am truly addicted to this now. It's the scent of the inside of a florist's. Now at one time I would have turned my nose up to that smell because of negative associations but I have gotten over that now.

***Marit - welcome to Basenotes- please check your PMs and my many apologies too.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Wow, what a gorgeous Ma Griffe bottle, C Rose! And Mr. G's vintage Samsara one!

That's it. I'll have to hop over to the thread on perfume bottles.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Chergui today.

SoTD was Amazone, a somewhat season-neutral scent on me, for an "unsettled" weather day. This evening I'm wearing Anthracite, which is proving too much a cold-weather scent, and as much as I love it, am thinking of replacing it with something more suitable and comforting for warm, damp weather.

Hugs all round, and gee whitelace, is THAT what they call it now, "displaced?" Not a very good euphemism, is it.

GLAD the migraine is done, mysticknot! Migraines suck, so very much.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 12th May 2010 at 11:24 PM.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndy Hop View Post
    I'm just going to bed now; rather late I might add (it's 2:00 a.m. here), but have every intention of wearing...
    Ivoire de Balmain
    Have a splendidly fragrant day, everyone!
    Scent twins with Lyndy Hop! I just scored a vintage Ivoire and it is truly amazing! (New version smells similar but with less depth. I like both.)

Quote Originally Posted by whitelace View Post
    ...and I like the Gres Cabaret bottle too, Haunani!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    ... Haunani, I love that bottle! It looks like Jeannie's bottle!...
    I love it, too. It's garish in a good way! And I adore what is inside. It's a Goldilocks-just-right fragrance, in my book.

Worked in Tilleul by D'Orsay, had a dull headache too, cold and drizzly here.

E., I wore it for our Chypre day, congratulations on your both finds (Rose Carden and Mystere). Any more fragrances to speak about?

MK, Asha -- you guys feel better. People with sore feet and vertigos -- please also.

PG Bois de Copaiba for me tonight.

SotE is Penhaligon's Amaranthine. I've ignored this one of late, but it is a lovely, weird floriental. The dirtiness is not too dominent on me I think, just a tad of cumin to make this a not-too-pretty fragrance. I'll need to pull this one out more.

Basenotes Plus

started this morning with a tiny spritz of vintage Ma Griffe Something in it re-activated my sinus headache, but i was definately in the mood for something green, so I scrubbed and applied Marc Jacobs Ivy without incident.

Weird how we are all getting headaches at the same time

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vintage Havana tonight.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Went shopping today, but bought no fragrances. I did retry J'Adore, which I liked and Jasmine White Moss which I will live without. It smelled nice, but faded quickly. The J'Adore is still sticking around.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 13th May 2010 at 03:49 AM.

My Sote is a sample from Bond No.9.....Central Park.....And I really like this alot!!!
    Gary