Code of Conduct

Talking First Post Here at Basenotes! Check out my amateur collection.

Basically, I'm in search of a collectors hobby. I've happened to stumble into the arena of colognes. I came across some cologne reviews on Youtube and I was intrigued. I've always been a fan of colognes, but only recently began to take it semi-seriously. I've always enjoyed purchasing new scents.

Dolce & Gabbana The One - What can I say? It really is the one. Definitely my favorite fragrance at the moment. Any recommendations of similar fragrances would be greatly appreciated.

Tommy Bahama for Men - Tommy Bahama's original fragrance. Been using this for almost two years now. Definitely an earthy, spicy fragrance that I love to wear no matter the weather. Although, it's been knocked from the top spot by The One. I really don't see this fragrance get too much hype anywhere on the internet. Very underrated imo.

Burberry The Beat - I haven't had this for too long now. But I'm a fan of spicy fragrances, and I've liked what I've gotten from it so far.

Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme - Love the light, floral, airyness of this fragrance. Good for a casual, relaxing day.

Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'Homme - The evil cousin of L'Homme that I find best suited for evening wear.

Burberry Touch - My first adventure into powdery fragrances. But I like it, a lot. Similar recommendations would be appreciated.

DKNY Be Delicious - Honestly, I don't even really wear this stuff. At all. I used to though, when I was 18.

My purchase list currently consists of...

A*Men by Thierry Mugler

L'Eau De Issey By Issey Miyake

Burberry London By Burberry

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme

Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier

Black XS by Paco Rabanne.

I will be purchasing all of these before the end of the week.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Default Re: First Post Here at Basenotes! Check out my amateur collection.

L'Eau De Issey By Issey Miyake - have it in the car, and uses when i go to meet my girl after work. she loves the smell and would hug me around and wont let my arm go, since arm also has d smell of it. But, it doent last long for me. good for a good time for couple of hours. may be. i have a 100ml at home and its in the backup perfumes bag. In d car i have a 15ml bottle, and used it for almost a year now. (mind U - uses this only at times making it to her after work) or such.

Black XS by Paco Rabanne - good, fruitty, last thru d day for me.

DKNY Be Delicious - this is a good frag, smells nice.

Recommend: Hugo Boss - 'The One' strong, last lonng..thru the day. wont be much in US either. for a work - perfume.

In to power houses after i have joined to base notes, have d last purchases in d backup, still didnt open

at one point in time u will find out that designer fragrances don't satisfy you no more and start to look into niche fragrances. !! Have fun sniffing.

In your list, A*men is particularly good.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Welcome MichaelB! Hah--just wait til you discover Vintage! ;-) Have fun!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by queen cupcake View Post
    Welcome MichaelB! Hah--just wait til you discover Vintage! ;-) Have fun!

Oh yeah !

Welcome to Basenotes !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Welcome, Michael. Burberry London is a good choice. I really enjoy it for cooler weather. As a similar fragrance to Burberry Touch, you might enjoy Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene if you haven't smelled it yet.

Hello, welcome to Basenotes! Good start on your collection. I would recommend waiting on frags like A*Men and Le Male. I think these may be better in winter. In the meantime, how about an aquatic like Cool Water. Maybe try a vetiver like Tom Ford Grey Vetiver or a citrus frag like Escada Sunset Heat.

Basenotes Plus

I just wanted to pop in and say "WELCOME!"

Other than that, even though they are not on your list, I really enjoy Dior Homme & Caron's Yatagan.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Well, I forgot to state that I'm a very big fan of aquatics.

I definitely prefer a more mature, spicy fragrance.

I may have to add Vintage to my purchase list.

Turn back now...once you get started with this obsession it is hard to go back.