Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: My New Found love - Miller Harris. Your Favorites from this line?

I love and own Fleurs de Sel. There's nothing quite like it! Terre d'Iris is also very nice, and unique among iris fragrances IMO. This thread reminds me that I need to get out my samples of Terre de Bois and Figue Amere and actually try them one day. Thanks for this thread, Jenson!

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Feuilles de Tabac - The overall mood is that of a person who strolled into a tobacco field in the sweltering sun with the smell of sweat mixed up with the earthy tone of earth and dried tobacco leaves.

Figue Amere - It's a completely different take on Figs, unlike the Diptyque, which is dry and green, Figue Amere smells of ripe fruits, a little sticky with hints of violets and saltiness with a powdery feel. It never gets overwhelming and relaxes into a beautiful drydown
    These are two of the three I love and own.

The third is Geranium Bourbon - on me an invigorating mix of geranium with roses and a hint of booze.
    Last edited by TaoLady; 14th May 2010 at 10:38 AM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Thank you for chiming in ladies! appreciate it!

The word Bourbon doesnt get used so much in perfumes and, being a strong fan of patchouli/chocolate based scents; i get a feeling it'll fit in my to tastes... I have never experienced this accord in a very prominent way in scents...but, i often relate the overall feel of Kilian Cruel Intentions or Tom Ford Black Orchid to bourbon... is that a right assesement to make...?

So, Geranium Bourbon and Vetiver Bourbon... yummy! need.to.sample.asap.
    Last edited by jenson; 14th May 2010 at 11:54 AM.

I haven't tried all from this house but Feuilles de Tabac is my most favorite out of the 4-5 I have tried.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Did Lyn Harris ever create scents outside Miller Harris line...?
    She also created Stoned and Cosmic for Solange Azagury-Partridge.

Vetiver Bourbon is to me what Montale's Red Vetyver would smell like if it was done by a mature and competent nose. The accords are really balanced and even-handed.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    As to Feuilles de Tabac. It's a toughie. Cascarilla? Sounds like an insult in Spanish--but then again Thallium always sounded like a suicide pill in any language.
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    She also created Stoned and Cosmic for Solange Azagury-Partridge.
    Nice! I always did notice that label in LS website.

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    Vetiver Bourbon is to me what Montale's Red Vetyver would smell like if it was done by a mature and competent nose. The accords are really balanced and even-handed.
    Hmmm...interesting take.

Miller Harris has some of the best skin scents ever. I also enjoy that they have fruity notes that actually last 10+ hours.. something I find rare in a perfume. I really enjoyed the decants i had of both Le Petit Grain and Piment des Baies. Piment being labeled as a woman's frag -- though it definitely isn't. It smells like lemon/sugar cookies and just keeps getting better and better. I've tried about 5 or 6 from their house but these are the only 2 that are really bottle worthy for me.

+3 Cuir d' Oranger. Warm and inviting leather.
    +1 En Sens de Bois. Wonderfully dry incense woods scent - my favorite from Miller Harris.
    +2 Vetiver Bourbon.

These fragrances are hard to find for some reason. Not many places sell them in the U.S. and not many online either. Why not?

Feuilles de Tabac
    Let your nose be your pilot