Code of Conduct

Default Natura and Boticario Products

During the shower, it just occured me the curiosity to know if these two brazilian brands are available worldwide. Are they easy to find outside Brazil? Are they cheap or expensive? And if anyone has tested their products, what were your impressions?

Default Re: Natura and Boticario Products

Natura: check their website, their are present in many markets. O Boticario, on the contrary can only be found in Brazil.

As per their products, Natura's perfumes are minimalistic in spirit, fleeting in character and quite run-of-the-mill. They have a demonstration salon("Casa Natura") were you can test their products without any kind of restrictions, so I tried them all in blotters, and among those that I found the best, on the skin. I was not in the least impressed at all. In terms of direct marketing companies offering scents and perfumes, there are much better choices - there is Peruvian company called L'Bel (adverising itself as French, as a matter of fact) that developed a very complete line of fragrances by leader French noses. For example, they sell a very good version of B*Men. Even Avon has better scents than Natura, their classics are very good.

Regarding O Boticario, many years ago I bought one of their fragrances for one of my daughters, at that time 5 years old, called Boty, excelent blend. I tried many of the ones for men but did not find them quite original, I recall them being much alike to the usual bestsellers.

Still, Vetiver Brasil has got good comments here in BN, even though I did not try it for it was not available at that time. I am curious as to their Malbec, for I had the chance of trying a local fragrance made with vitis vinifera called Cabernet.

If I were you I would try them all several times, for in the case of scents, there are surprises right below your nose.

smeller

I once sent a Styletto bottle to a fellow canadian basenoter. He was very polite, but I suspect he didn't liked it very much. I suspect foreigners would find them generic, mostly. Pollux is correct about most of them being ripoffs, that's the true. However, ripoffs may eventually be good options for the price.

Also, I have a well-kept "vintage Styletto" from the 80s that smells quite better than the current juice. And the only Boticarios that I really like are thje discontinued Eros (I wish I could know what was the "inspiration" for that one) and Yang.

Natura, on the other hand, although it is not high perfumery at all, is full of regional/exotic flavors that would be probably more appealing to curious noses worldwide. I'm not surprised to discover they have stores outside.

In the US, you can get most of their current fragrances from this site - http://www.brtouch.com

O boticario is available here. In fact, they have a house of his own in the mall. They have cheap and mid-price range products.
    I didn't give them a try yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebadov View Post
    O boticario is available here. In fact, they have a house of his own in the mall. They have cheap and mid-price range products.
    I didn't give them a try yet.
    Good to know! Now, in which part of Montevideo is it?

Natura's "Essencial" for men is great and I haven't smelled anything similar yet. Besides, it's an EDP, which is quite rare here. I'm Brazilian and this is, in fact, the only "original" (not a ripoff) fragrance I have come across in the Brazilian market (O Boticário/ Água de Cheiro/ L'acqua di Fiori/ Mahogany...)

Here's its DNA (maybe the experts could spot something similar out there):

Top Notes: bergamote, lavander, galbanum, juniper, nutmeg, grapefruit and basil.
    Middle: geranium, patchouli, rosemary, sage and jasmine.
    Base: cedar, musk, oakmoss, sandalwood, amber, balsam fir and myrrh.

I enjoy Natura Palo Santo, it is fresh and incensey.

Brazilian perfumes are not good, believe me. Most are badly made copies of famous perfumes, and have extremely poor longevity.

I do, however, recommend the "Erva Doce" Soap by Natura. It is a fennel soap, and it is quite good. Not like a Roger Gallet soap, but good nonetheless.

Some O Boticario products are available here where I live in Saudi Arabia, about 3-4 men's fragrances and about the same number of women's fragrances. Others may be found in the larger cities, I don't know.

I own Malbec and Barolo, both of which I bought in Saudi Arabia.

I haven't seen Natura products here.

A fellow BN I met in BA told me that O Boticario's blends were quite good, but of lately they turned into a style that makes them all smell alike.

Natura's products are very popular in Argentina - they are considered quality products sold at affordable prices. I did try many of their blends (but not in-depth); so far, I liked them, but did not find any FBW. Still., I inherited a full bottle of a discontinued one, Horus: even though it is not groundbreaking, it is quite good.

Pollux, i have the same impression that you have, Boticario used to do decent, altough not so original, things in the past, but what they launch today is quite disgusting!

Same thing with natura. I enjoy better their Ekos line than the fragrance line. It seems that they produce better bath and body produts than fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Some O Boticario products are available here where I live in Saudi Arabia, about 3-4 men's fragrances and about the same number of women's fragrances. Others may be found in the larger cities, I don't know.

I own Malbec and Barolo, both of which I bought in Saudi Arabia.

I haven't seen Natura products here.
    Noggs, Malbec is one of the huge sellers here, I have already had barolo, which was quite good for me, with a nice arrangement of fruits, woods and spices. What surprised me is that i received recently a decant of a "arabian-like" fragrance(i don`t know if it`s really from this region, but it seems to be inspired) Shaik, called Opulent Shaik No 30, which was very close to barolo, only more flowery, and feminine. It was funny, becaue this one costs 2-3 times more than Barolo, and smells very similar to me.