Code of Conduct

Thread: Travel sizes?

Question Travel sizes?

Hey, Guys,

For those of you who travel a fair amount, what do you do? I mean, so many of you have such extensive collections, and something tells me that you don't necessarily want to travel with just one or two fragrances.

One solution might be to buy the smallest size available in said fragrances, but jeez, that could get REALLY expensive. Maybe you could make your own decants of your favorites. However, if your collection is anything like mine, my frags are spray tops, and if you can make decants out of spray tops, then I don't know how.

Anyway, I know there must be some way to take your favorite frags out of town without having to bring a whole other suitcase. I know that because, every time I think there is a need for something, I discover that the ancient Greeks invented it like 3,000 years ago.

What do you do when you travel?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Travel sizes?

Decants into small 5ml/8ml/10ml etc. atomizers seems like the most logical option. You easily decant something into one of these by just buying a decanting kit.

Basically if you want to decant from a proper bottle into a smaller atomizer, just get a tiny funnel and use that to spray into the smaller atomizer. Seems like quite an arduous task, but it actually doesn't take TOO long if the sprayer is half decent.

I take one large bottle (that's all I own) of my choice with me for the entire length of the trip.

Plastic atomizers, accessoriesforfragrances.com.

I use small atomizers, spray my fragrances inside and I'm good to go.
    I can bring as many fragrances as I want with me when I travel.
    Last edited by jasonx; 13th May 2010 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Decants into small 5ml/8ml/10ml etc. atomizers seems like the most logical option. You easily decant something into one of these by just buying a decanting kit.

Basically if you want to decant from a proper bottle into a smaller atomizer, just get a tiny funnel and use that to spray into the smaller atomizer. Seems like quite an arduous task, but it actually doesn't take TOO long if the sprayer is half decent.
    Rei Rien has supplies (including little metal funnels) and so does The Perfumed Court... I got my little silver funnel with a tiny handle on it from another online gift dealer, it's quite useful as it doesn't soak in the scent like plastic does and with washing is infinitely reusable. It is tedious to decant large amounts (5 ml or more is "large" in this context) from sprays but it works well. I use the 2.5 and 8 ml glass atomizers (2.5's are "pocket size" 'weekenders' while the 8 mls are good for a week's worth of scent.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Atomizers, atomizers, atomizers....2.5/5/10ml. I rarely use funnels- just spray right in from the bottle and we're good...I get mine from Accessories for fragrances.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I decant them into small plastic or glass atomisers. I can't be with just one fragrance for several days.
    While decanting I don't even use a funnel. I just spray it in the atomiser directly. It isn't as difficult as it seems as first.
    You just need steady hands.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    Plastic atomizers, accessoriesforfragrances.com.
    Ditto.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Most of the time when I travel I take samples with me and use this time to test the fragrances out. For safer choices I have minis of some of my "public" favorites, but when these minis run out, I guess I will be using atomizers from Accessories for Fragrance, this shop is wonderful!

Basenotes Institution

+3 for Accessories for Fragrance . The lady who runs this outfit is fab. She forgot to put in part of my order and so she just mailed me an entire new order which I received in 2 days. Great place.
    I tend to take decants and full bottles with me when I am travelling- it depends on where I am going ,how long the trip is and what fragrances that country has ,that I can buy.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Travalo... I never would have heard of it until I joined BN.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...

Good suggestions above, but you could always buy new stuff to enjoy on your trip and then take home with you.

Assessories for Fragrance again. Also Sephora has a nice set of atomisers and rollerballs for travel.

The trick to prevent leakage is not to overtighten the screwcap, yet make it secure. Make sure you snap the cap down to hear a "click" over the rollerball. I have had good success with those below. The rollerball can fit into a cigar tube, and the silver sprayers can fit into a cigar case.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...navAction=jump
    Last edited by Primrose; 13th May 2010 at 05:33 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    Travalo... I never would have heard of it until I joined BN.
    Sounds pretty fabulous!!

Travelo is awful. The spray mist is pretty small compared to the atomizers at accessoriesforfragrances, and getting it into the Travelo is pretty hard. You never know if the nozzle is actually fully in or not, so you just end up with fragrance dribbling all over your hands, and the juice just disappears into thin air. I had one about half full of Terre d'Hermes, about a week later it dropped down to less than 1/4.

It's not like it's easier too. You still have to pump many times to fill it up, and you can't even use it on bottles where you can't take the nozzle off (e.g. A*Men bottles).
    Last edited by Smeghead; 14th May 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Assessories for Fragrance again. Also Sephora has a nice set of atomisers and rollerballs for travel.

The trick to prevent leakage is not to overtighten the screwcap, yet make it secure. Make sure you snap the cap down to hear a "click" over the rollerball. I have had good success with those below. The rollerball can fit into a cigar tube, and the silver sprayers can fit into a cigar case.
    Ditto AccessoriesforFragrance, and I highly second the use of rollerballs for travel. I seem to experience no leakage from rollerballs, whereas my shaving kit usually wreaks of scents when I travel with atomizers. I fill four or five rollerballs, and place them in a plastic bag, and off I go.