Code of Conduct

Default L'Eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche and JOOP! Nightflight question

I have a sample of L'Eau D'Issey PH that I really like. Its fresh, invigorating and I like to use it as workout fragrance in gym but... It doesnt last long on my skin. Its just small sample so I use just 1 or 2 sprays but I dont smell it at all after 3-4 hours... Now I am not sure if I should buy full bottle because its not cheapest... Also I tried Versace Eau Fraiche that is OK, reminds me Light blue pour femme that i love and doesnt last very long (4-6 hours on me when I sampled it) but is also cheap and I can see myself wearing this to work... On the other side. I keep reading good things about Nightflight, it should be strong, fresh and longlasting but there is no chance to sample it. Its not that expensive too so I think about blind buying it...

What do you think? Which one of this do you like more? Which is more fresh? What kind of fresh is Nightflight? It is fruity fresh? Is Nightflight more masculine than ADG? Is Nightflight suitable for sport?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: L'Eau D'Issey, Versace Eau Fraiche and JOOP! Nightflight question

Nightflight and l'eau d'Issey are two of my favorite 'fresh' fragrances. I guess the best way to get a feel for Nightflight is try spraying Cool Water and Eternity - its similar to both. In terms of longevity, its very long lasting - similar to Issey. I would say its more masculine than Aqua di Gio, and much less boring / same-y. I think it might be a little bit too strong for sport, unless you only use 1 spray. I've written more on it in my review in the directory.

I think you'll find even though you can't smell Issey Miyake after a few others, others around you can.

Versace Man eau Fraiche has pretty poor longevity and sillage in my opinion - only lasting on clothes.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Post Thanks / Like

Nightflight is a great fresh aromatic scent, dunno why it is classified as an oriental! Indeed it does share a vibe with Cool Water. Nightflight was a blind buy for me, btw. It is quite longlasting but alas after 4 hrs stays only close to skin with limited projection, whilst in the first three hours it porojects very well.

Years and years ago I bought a discounted set of Nightflight cologne and aftershave. It may have been off, but they scent was stuffy and strange to me.
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

My 30ml bottle of Nightflight just arrived.
    So far 1 hour since first spritz I am bit disappointed. No doubt it smells masculine but I've got no pinapple from it just sharp soapy lemon that smells like very old soap that we used 15 years ago. I hope it will improve over time and it looks like its changing, because that lemon/soap combo starts to fade away and I am getting soft and sweet base that I can smell just close to skin. It reminds me more citrusy Dunhill (brown bottle) which I hate (must be lemon + sandalwood combo).

Post Thanks / Like

for me Nightflight , open with a mix of pinapple and sour orange.You must take your time and be patient cause at first smell can feel it bizzarre.By the way , for me Nightflight is much more suitable for gym than LŽeau dŽIssey .although I dont like go to gym wearing scents

I gave Nightflight few more wearings and also offered it to my father as a gift. Even him agreed that it smells like old washing powder or soap at topnotes.

TOP notes are really strong and I can smell them for around 2 hours. Then after 2 hours on drydown it became close to skin and kinda enjoyable. After 4-6 hours its gone completely.

Maybe its just not for me because I dont like much old school type of fragrances and I believe that L'Eau D'Issey and Eau Fraiche smells more sophisticated and modern.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    I have a sample of L'Eau D'Issey PH that I really like. Its fresh, invigorating and I like to use it as workout fragrance in gym but... It doesnt last long on my skin. Its just small sample so I use just 1 or 2 sprays but I dont smell it at all after 3-4 hours... Now I am not sure if I should buy full bottle because its not cheapest... Also I tried Versace Eau Fraiche that is OK, reminds me Light blue pour femme that i love and doesnt last very long (4-6 hours on me when I sampled it) but is also cheap and I can see myself wearing this to work... On the other side. I keep reading good things about Nightflight, it should be strong, fresh and longlasting but there is no chance to sample it. Its not that expensive too so I think about blind buying it...

What do you think? Which one of this do you like more? Which is more fresh? What kind of fresh is Nightflight? It is fruity fresh? Is Nightflight more masculine than ADG? Is Nightflight suitable for sport?

I haven't tryed Nightflight but I own the other two. I'm really surprised that Man Eau Fraiche lasts longer than Issey for you. I like both fragrances, but I do like Issey better, and Issey lasts much longer on my skin. Issey's longevity is at least 6-8 hours or more for me. Man Eau Fraiche seems to disappear after 2-3 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    for me Nightflight , open with a mix of pinapple and sour orange.You must take your time and be patient cause at first smell can feel it bizzarre.By the way , for me Nightflight is much more suitable for gym than LŽeau dŽIssey .although I dont like go to gym wearing scents
    I agree with you about the gym thing. I don't understand why someone would wear fragrance while working out, unless they don't shower afterwards, which is disgusting. If you shower afterwards, you're going to wash the fragrance off, right? What's the point of wearing a scent for about an hour? Compliments from ladies at the gym, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    I haven't tryed Nightflight but I own the other two. I'm really surprised that Man Eau Fraiche lasts longer than Issey for you. I like both fragrances, but I do like Issey better, and Issey lasts much longer on my skin. Issey's longevity is at least 6-8 hours or more for me. Man Eau Fraiche seems to disappear after 2-3 hours.
    Maybe its because I didnt use enough of Issey. I wore it once to work and used 2 sprays on same spot from sample (which probably sprays less than full bottle) and longetivity was better (maybe 8 hours). Too bad that on drydown I probably wouldn't know difference between Issey and Bvlgari Aqva. TOP notes are gorgeous and very refreshing tho.
    Its funny that Issey, Aqva and Eau Fraiche turns into almost same thing on my skin after few hours.
    Atleast Nightflight is different on drydown.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 13th June 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
    I agree with you about the gym thing. I don't understand why someone would wear fragrance while working out, unless they don't shower afterwards, which is disgusting. If you shower afterwards, you're going to wash the fragrance off, right? What's the point of wearing a scent for about an hour? Compliments from ladies at the gym, maybe?
    Hehe. I just like to smell something refreshing in the heat of workout and Issey worked well for that. I also smelled few guys wearing Le Male and Fahrenheit in gym.

Post Thanks / Like

Smell Le Male in a gym is one of the most awful sensation . You are suffering with the curl and at the same time with the dizzy smell of le male.

Post Thanks / Like

A few notes on Nightflight:
    1) It definitely can become stuffy if too much is sprayed on. You really have to go easy on this one until you find the right number of sprays for you.
    2) Nightflight smells less like a modern aquatic and more like a fresh fougere of the early 90s, so think of Cool Water and Eternity but substitute a lemon and pineapple top. In fact, it is utilizes a very typical combination of floral notes that is indicative of 90s, men's perfumery. If you're not a fan of this genre, please sample this first. I found it to be an acquired taste.
    3) Longevity is outta this world - I've smelt it on myself for 12-14hrs before. Sillage, in my opinion, is good for the first 6hrs at which point it becomes more subdued but not necessarily a skin scent. Even after 6 hrs, its noticeable by others within your immediate proximity.

Its very different from the other two fragrances and ultimately it will add to your collection in a way that VMEF won't. I also like the fact that its more masculine than VMEF and because of the masculine, floral notes, it works suprising well at night as well as during the day. Its very versatile by my estimation.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to get too off topic, but I wear fragrance all the time including at the gym. There are studies that show that certain smells, notably mint and citrus, have an energizing effect. I usually happen to wear Marc Jacobs Gardenia Tonic or CK Escape.

It starts to be very hot here and I appreciate Nightflight more and more and just changed rating from 3 to 4 stars.
    I think that I found what is this all about. It doesnt smell super luxurious or sophisticated but is refreshing and very masculine.

Its not type of fragrance like Acqua Di Gio that shouts: "Hey look at me. I smell like bucket of expensive flowers" or Aqva that says: "Hey. I am sophisticated and smell like sea weed". Its more like: "Hey. I am man that is not affraid to use cologne and I want just smell fresh and nice".

Post Thanks / Like

It starts to be very hot here and I appreciate Nightflight more and more and just changed rating from 3 to 4 stars.
    I think that I found what is this all about. It doesnt smell super luxurious or sophisticated but is refreshing and very masculine.

Its not type of fragrance like Acqua Di Gio that shouts: "Hey look at me. I smell like bucket of expensive flowers" or Aqva that says: "Hey. I am sophisticated and smell like sea weed". Its more like: "[B]Hey. I am man that is not affraid to use cologne and I want just smell fresh and nice"

Agreed, and also proud to smell exotic. This scent improve when you use to wear.
    Last edited by blackened; 17th June 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post

Its not type of fragrance like Acqua Di Gio that shouts: "Hey look at me. I smell like bucket of expensive flowers" or Aqva that says: "Hey. I am sophisticated and smell like sea weed". Its more like: "Hey. I am man that is not affraid to use cologne and I want just smell fresh and nice".
    Agreed, and also proud to smell exotic. This scent improve when you use to wear.