Code of Conduct

Default Bleecker Street is awesome

My first blind buy ever for the summer and hey, Bleecker Street is baller! I don't think that the only reason I like it is because it's from Bond No. 9 but that's certainly a possibility

It's fresh enough but also somehow dense enough so it doesn't become a skin scent in half an hour (I'm looking at you Green Irish Tweed)

Look at how pretty this bottle is, you know you want one:

Default Re: Bleecker Street is awesome

I do hear it's good. Similar to Purple Label, if I recall. I might go for it if it wasn't a Bond No 9 offering. Sorry, I don't mean to be cynical, but I really don't want to put even one penny into the pocket of that dragon lady they've got running the show. I'm glad you're enjoying it, though. If it's similar to Purple Label, I can see why. Glad your blind buy came through for you. Those are always scary, especially when it's a high-dollar frag such as this one. Good job!

Hahaha I know man she's scary!
    But as much as I agree with that it does not compromise the appeal of some of their fragrances (while the rest are admittedly mediocre) - new haarlem and now this one being one of them.

This was my first blind buy evar. I can see why people do this habitually. Not rich enough to be wrong often though
    Last edited by Vladdypwnz; 13th May 2010 at 05:03 PM.

I wasn't baffled by it. Bond no 9 smell like a high-end niche Axe scent to me. Very synthetic - I consider synthetics to be full worthy building blocks fo scents, so I should say 'very abstract' but it always smells very expensive.

I like Riverside Drive better.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

I like it. Fits the bill for what I was looking for from a summer scent. It is fresh with considerable depth. I do like Riverside Drive a little more but I don't regret purchasing this.

Just one last update before this narcissistic thread goes into oblivion: today this frag scored the one and only compliment ever. Huzzah.

I wore this yesterday....I like it....but found that Geste by H&G to be farrrr Superior. I like this for a day I dont care what I smell like.

I agree.....Bleecker Street is fantastic!!!
    Gary

Basenotes Plus

Love the scent - hate the bottle.

I have always thought that the Bleeker Street bottle design captures ther fragrance essence very accurately. Bleeker is one of a handful of Bond No. 9's that I think are bottle worthy for me. The others I like are Wall Street, H.O.T. Always, Silver Factory. Most of their fragrances smell like a cheap synthetic knock offs of this or that, but if you can find them being closed out for half price (and their over selling the line causes many close out sales) they are worth the money!

I really like the bottle design. To me the bottle fully represents the juice inside. The colors, the depth and the overall carefree attitude the bottle puts off really shines through the juice inside.

The lasting power is outstanding
    the scent is just better than average
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Wearing it today...love it. Highly complimented.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Indeed, Bleecker Street is awesome. A compliment getter, after 7 hours it smells like the ocean.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

In other news, I can't wash it off of my shirt. Like I put it in the washing machine with detergent and it still smells like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdypwnz View Post
    In other news, I can't wash it off of my shirt. Like I put it in the washing machine with detergent and it still smells like it.
    That it so true....
    Im the be$t @ thi$