Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which ones would you choose?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gucci I

9 19.15%
  • Gucci II

13 27.66%
  • Blue Seduction

0 0%
  • Fierce

5 10.64%
  • Dior

24 51.06%
  • I Am King Of The Night

2 4.26%
  • Anucci

1 2.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Help me Choose a new scent

Lately I've been wearing:

Tommy Bahama
    Old Spice
    Brut
    Cool Water
    Armani Code
    Usher for men
    Dolce & Gabana The One
    Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit
    Unforgivable
    Unforgivable Night
    Unforgivable Multi Platinum
    I Am King
    Dirty English
    Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
    Burberry Beat
    Kenneth Cole Black
    Polo
    Ralph Lauren Purple Label

just ran out of these ones lately:

Burberrys
    Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme
    Driven/Derek Jeter
    Rocawear 9IX/Jay-z
    Polo Double Black

I have a lot of fragrances and am a scentaholic but I want to know what would be some good pickups for me in the future? I'm thinking about Blue Seduction, Fierce, Dior, I Am King Of The Night, Gucci II, Gucci I, and Anucci. I'm 25 so I want something that will attract ladies around my age.
    Last edited by seanjuan84; 14th May 2010 at 02:33 AM.

Default Re: Help me Choose a new scent

Gucci 2 is great for your age, its refreshing, relaxing and elegant without being sour or sweet. I cant imagine anyone that would dislike it.

So nobody likes Blue Seduction? /it's like Versace Eau Fraiche? Does anybody like that? I should've put Eau Fraiche on the poll.

I'd go with Dior Homme if I were to choose for you (that's the one you mean by Dior in the poll, right?). I have to admit I just like the way it plays with iris in a men's scent. I'd wear it before all the others on your list.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

How does Dior compare to unforgivable? Both have Iris as an ingredient, I think. But what does Iris smell like? I mean I know a few notes but not this one...

Quote Originally Posted by seanjuan84 View Post
    How does Dior compare to unforgivable? Both have Iris as an ingredient, I think. But what does Iris smell like? I mean I know a few notes but not this one...
    I just like Dior Homme more than Unforgivable. I don't know why really, but that's just me--you should of course pick Unforgivable if you like it better. That's the only way--the most sophisticate way. What makes your nose happy is much better than whatever wins any poll of other people, no matter how much they know about scent.

About iris, I'd say it smells like a light powdery flower, cool-temperature smelling sort of, like a cool breeze refreshes or stepping into shadow refreshes. It smells sort of like carrot too, slightly sweet and lightly earthy while still smelling like a powdery smooth flower.

To know it best just walk into a flower shop ask if they have iris, smell it, and buy one or don't. That'll tell you for sure what iris smells like.
    Last edited by DustB; 15th May 2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: bad spelling
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

From the list, I too would have picked out Dior Homme. Or Dior Cologne if you prefer it a l litle less sweet. Is it not possible for you to test a fragrance on skin before actually buying it? I'm saying this as Dior Homme smells nothing like Unforgiveable. Also do check out the reviews on this site for more info. Dior Homme is one scent admired by quite a no. of female BNers.

It's kind of hard for me to test frags where I live. Macy's doesn't have a lot of frags and Neiman Marcus is my only other "good" place to smell frags. I have a Kohls close by but that's only for mainstream frags so it's kind of hard on me. I do have a vey good oil seller that has about 150 oil fragrance versions of colognes. They're $10 for the first ounce, and every ounce after that is $5. I guess not too bad. he's only one I can find nearby with most of the frags that I want.

I would go for Dior Homme Intense! Great scent and lasts..........

I recently purchased a .5 oz blue Seduction, I like everything except for the dry down. the rest isn't horrible, it actually has a very nice middle that's fairly unique -- some sort of a cappuccino + sour melon blend. But the dry down is pretty bad. The opening is actually ok, but once that cappuccino note kicks in, it really changes the smell of things. It isn't a sickening sweet cappuccino either, it focuses more on the cocoa plant. I'd say it's an aquatic fragrance with a bit of a kick to it.. less boring than other aquatics. It also has a strong mint note. It reminds me of a cross between Be Delicious and Cool Water Frozen.

The only other one I've tried was Gucci ph II. A very well done and complete fragrance as well with average to slightly above average longevity, but it doesn't project at all. It's one of the most relaxing scents I've ever encountered that was absolutely made for spring. It's light and delicate, and pretty much the opposite of all the things you've been wearing. Maybe not the best thing to grab a woman's attention because it's such a skin scent -- it's more intimate and clings close.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 15th May 2010 at 09:56 AM.

Dior Homme.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

On that list; Dior Homme, without any competition whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I recently purchased a .5 oz blue Seduction, I like everything except for the dry down. the rest isn't horrible, it actually has a very nice middle that's fairly unique -- some sort of a cappuccino + sour melon blend. But the dry down is pretty bad. The opening is actually ok, but once that cappuccino note kicks in, it really changes the smell of things. It isn't a sickening sweet cappuccino either, it focuses more on the cocoa plant. I'd say it's an aquatic fragrance with a bit of a kick to it.. less boring than other aquatics. It also has a strong mint note. It reminds me of a cross between Be Delicious and Cool Water Frozen.

The only other one I've tried was Gucci ph II. A very well done and complete fragrance as well with average to slightly above average longevity, but it doesn't project at all. It's one of the most relaxing scents I've ever encountered that was absolutely made for spring. It's light and delicate, and pretty much the opposite of all the things you've been wearing. Maybe not the best thing to grab a woman's attention because it's such a skin scent -- it's more intimate and clings close.

Great post!

I would also prefer the Dior suggestion, probably jsut the usual EdT, the cologne is too light and toned down for my taste, the Intense too much of a gourmand.

The EdT is just so nice, playing the iris openly but neither too feminine nor too offensive IMO.
    Plain goodness.

I'd choose Gucci Pour Homme if you want something woody and spicy and dry. I'd choose Dior Homme as a classy option, a gourmand with leather and powdery facets.

Okay so a lot of people that review Dior say it smells like a purse, or like lipstick, but still smells good. Hmm? I've only read reviews on this one, but sounds like a lot of people on Basenotes like it.

Thumbs down on Blue Seduction, if it will remind me of Be Delicious by DKNY I will not like it. But the topnotes are nice.

If I go with Gucci II, how strong is the cinnamon? Is it stronger or weaker than the cinnamon in Old Spice?

as far as designer fragrances you cannot go wrong with yves st laurant

YSL is nice, I'm on my 2nd bottle of La Nuit and I had a bottle of L'Homme but didn't like it as much as La Nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by seanjuan84 View Post
    Okay so a lot of people that review Dior say it smells like a purse, or like lipstick, but still smells good. Hmm? I've only read reviews on this one, but sounds like a lot of people on Basenotes like it.

Thumbs down on Blue Seduction, if it will remind me of Be Delicious by DKNY I will not like it. But the topnotes are nice.

If I go with Gucci II, how strong is the cinnamon? Is it stronger or weaker than the cinnamon in Old Spice?
    I dont think cinnamon is strong here. On my skin Gucci II is mostly tea + some fruits + probably pimento. Its great for spring.

Dior Homme is very special fragrance but its too nice for casual daily wear. I am thinking about selling it and buying just Dior Homme Intense for special formal events.