Code of Conduct

Default A Jaunt Through the Hills of Beverly

There's nothing more fun than being able to make diagonal crossings on the street corners in that city. Quite the novelty.

YSL Store - Finally got to try:

Rive Gauche - you can almost feel the barber dusting the hairs off the back of your neck with a brush with that one

Live Jazz - Wow, this one would be nice for a summer scent. Not too sweet.

Kouros - I saw flowers in a vase begin to wilt when I sprayed this. I know the fun is in the drydown, but how does one tolerate the path to get there?

Barney's

L'Eau Serge Lutens - a higher quality version of Body Shop White Musk. Quite the departure from his other deep and dark fragrances. Not bad - good projection, but what's the point?

Le Labo Neroli 36 - Chickville. Wish I hadn't sprayed this one on my hand. Tenacious as hell, too. Quickly turns into a makeup purse smell.

Neiman

Got in an argument with the SA about the Ambergris base of the Millesimes. She claimed it wasn't the case and pulled out a large chart of the ingredients/notes of the various Creeds. Whatever.

Cypres Musc - Quite good. Not long lasting, but the experience was quite nice.

Love in Black - She was pushing this one. Nice, not spellbinding. Kinda girly.

Tabarome - Now this is a man's man - Robert Redford meets Steve McQueen meets Paul Newman. Probably easier to wear than BdP.

That's all I can recall.

Peace!
    Last edited by adonis; 14th May 2010 at 02:39 AM.

Default Re: A Jaunt Through the Hills of Beverly

hmmm, there's lots more out there to see! I did a PSA on a shop called Beverly Hills perfumery on Wiltshire right at Rodeo. Worth a drop into for some vintage bottles tucked away.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    hmmm, there's lots more out there to see! I did a PSA on a shop called Beverly Hills perfumery on Wiltshire right at Rodeo. Worth a drop into for some vintage bottles tucked away.
    That place is great fun. No fume head can escape without buying something. Close to impossible.

Adonis: I'm assuming by Tabarome, you tested Tabarome Millesime. I think that one is grossly underrated due to being named "Tabarome." Nice citrus, ginger and tabacco.

I hear you on the Kouros. Took me awhile to get through it. You really need to test wear it to truly get it (which doesn't mean you'd necessarily like it). My own theory is that much of the Kouros hate is from people who test spray in store, and get turned off by that harsh opening that lasts 20-30 minutes, and never really smell its development and dry down. For 10 minutes or so, it's just a civet fest.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    That place is great fun. No fume head can escape without buying something. Close to impossible.t.
    I found vinatage Chamade from 1975 there
    Last edited by lightgreen22; 14th May 2010 at 03:45 AM.
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    That place is great fun. No fume head can escape without buying something. Close to impossible.

Adonis: I'm assuming by Tabarome, you tested Tabarome Millesime. I think that one is grossly underrated due to being named "Tabarome." Nice citrus, ginger and tabacco.

I hear you on the Kouros. Took me awhile to get through it. You really need to test wear it to truly get it (which doesn't mean you'd necessarily like it). My own theory is that much of the Kouros hate is from people who test spray in store, and get turned off by that harsh opening that lasts 20-30 minutes, and never really smell its development and dry down. For 10 minutes or so, it's just a civet fest.
    I remember your recommendation for that store. I'll check them out next time. BTW, I did see the similarity between Orange Spice and Kouros, with Orange spice being the well behaved professional brother and Kouros being the underemployed drunken badboy who gets the girls. The opening of Kouros reminds me of that junior high joke - "Ever smell mothballs? How'd you spread it's legs?"
    Last edited by adonis; 14th May 2010 at 04:15 AM.