Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default NEW Dolce & Gabbana The one Gentleman

The full information will be soon, and now - the bottle.

The scent will appear in fall.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: NEW Dolce & Gabbana The one Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post

The scent will appear in fall.
    I am sure we have already smelled it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Apparently, this is supposed to be an "understated oriental" and "gentlemanly" in a modern way.

I just hope that this one will be less understated than the original.
    Last edited by dannyboy; 14th May 2010 at 03:01 PM.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/05/14...new-fragrance/

The description. The One Gentleman “has an understated oriental note, conceived to attract a sophisticated and confident consumer”; the notes include pepper, lavender, fennel, cardamom, patchouli and vanilla.

Hmm... Think this will be sth boring. Unfortunately, the perfumer is not Olivier Polge...

If the scent is as nice as the bottle this will be a winner!!!
    Gary

Unhappy Re: NEW Dolce & Gabbana The one Gentleman

http://www.nstperfume.com/2010/05/14...new-fragrance/

The description. The One Gentleman “has an understated oriental note, conceived to attract a sophisticated and confident consumer”; the notes include pepper, lavender, fennel, cardamom, patchouli and vanilla.

Hmm... Think this will be sth boring. Unfortunately, the perfumer is not Olivier Polge...
    See just that discription "understated" makes me think this is going to be a even weaker version of the original.

I have The One. I doubt this one will be stronger, but hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by seanjuan84 View Post
    I have The One. I doubt this one will be stronger, but hope so.

Hmmm.. I have had a decant of The One for a while and have been very interested in getting a bottle of it myself. I'll be sure to keep a keen eye on this formulation when it comes out

Strange, in one picture the liquid is black, and in the other pale blue!

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by RDFCHarry View Post
    Strange, in one picture the liquid is black, and in the other pale blue!

Because of background of bottle it seems black. But it's not completely blue. like elephant`s color.

DeepSilence

The One is Woody Spicy, and this one Oriental. I don't think it will be more strong. However nice design. just appearance satisfy you for buying it.

I hope that this one doesn't have that strange and suffocating note that the one has on the basenotes, that only appears sometimes...

Aaaaagggghhhhhhh....

I've been wanting to get a bottle of D&G The One for the last few months, but couldn't bring myself to do so. Now this?!

Cest Le Vie.

I am interested in this because of the lavender. Not even the boutiques know about this scent yet.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like the original lots. One of my fav designer frags.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

I just smelled "The One" again today at the mall. Still smells quite a bit like Pi to me. My wife likes it because she says that it smells just like Pi and Obsession.

Hmmm that fennel/cardamom combo could be interesting, if they are so kind as to make it detectable.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I read that this is available now in the UK (on Ebay Germany a bottle popped up and the seller writes that he bought it there). If so, has anybody already tested it?

ooh, looking forward to this!!....

Can't wait to give this one a try, the notes sound wonderful!

Blog Entries

I do like the original, though I only wear it occasionally. Will definitely sniff this!

I will give it a sniff as well.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Looking forward to trying this one. While it is a little on the weak side, I really enjoy the original.

The bottle looks really good. I loved the original, but it's way too weak to be worth wearing, except when I 'm home with my girlfriend maybe. I hope this one will be stronger and longer lasting.

I must say that I'm looking forward to this.....I hope it's not a let down.....It wouldn't be the first that's for sure!
    Gary

It's now at Harrods.
    http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/...00000002212206
    Just wondering if any of our British friends have tried it already.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    It's now at Harrods.
    http://www.harrods.com/HarrodsStore/...00000002212206
    Just wondering if any of our British friends have tried it already.
    I was there last week and they did not have it on display.

There's 2x 50ml bottles available on ebay UK (though they ship worldwide):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dolce-Gabbana-...item1c147d8bcc

I was tempted to get it, but to be honest I wasn't THAT blown away by the original, and £30 is kinda high to me for a complete blind buy with absolutely no reviews to go off of.

The One seemed to have a very radiant and diffusive patchouli/vanilla/sandalwood accord that wasn't bad, just too loud and sweet....if this tempers that a bit, and gives it an overall less sweet character, It could be a winner, as the one had much redeeming about it imo.

This one will be absolulety new fragrance, with no resemblance to the original The One.

And according to the advertising campaign, The One Gentleman is like a sporty version of The one, but named without a word "sport".
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Bottle looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    The One seemed to have a very radiant and diffusive patchouli/vanilla/sandalwood accord that wasn't bad, just too loud and sweet....if this tempers that a bit, and gives it an overall less sweet character, It could be a winner, as the one had much redeeming about it imo.
    That seems to be an O. Polge signature, I think. It's true at least for The One, Dior Homme (ok, Dior Homme isn't TOO sweet but it's close), Kenzo Power, and F Black by Ferragamo. He seems to utilize a sweet iris accord in all of them, modulating it slightly from scent to scent, but keeping enough of it intact that each scent is clearly his work. The only scent that I felt that accord worked in was Dior Homme. I have to wonder if that is at least partially due to a higher budget to work with.

Anyhow, I'm glad Olivier isn't the nose behind this scent. I really like the color of the juice and the notes sound interesting enough. Looking forward to this.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Did anyone have the chance to try it already?
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Sur la Plage

This one will be absolulety new fragrance, with no resemblance to the original The One.

And according to the advertising campaign, The One Gentleman is like a sporty version of The one, but named without a word "sport".
    Ugh.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I am sure we have already smelled it.
    aaaaahh, the cynism

They should have made intense or extreme version of The One since it seriously lacks projection, at least to me it does.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    aaaaahh, the cynism
    Moi?

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Moi?
    Oui!

Well vanilla + patchouli ... that right there alone has got me wanting to try this. And the notes do not look like a sporty version of the original. Hopefully its not a flop...
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    Well vanilla + patchouli ... that right there alone has got me wanting to try this. And the notes do not look like a sporty version of the original. Hopefully its not a flop...
    Could be, but look what happened to Boss Bottled night - it turns out to be Bvlgari Aqua rip off. They already have Boss in motion white wich is a Bvlgari Aqua/Aqua Marine/Davidoff Cool Water rip off. Bottled Night was supposed to be a warm, seductive scent. Maybe D&G doesn't blow it with this one, who knows. By now they almost all blew it

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    Could be, but look what happened to Boss Bottled night - it turns out to be Bvlgari Aqua rip off. They already have Boss in motion white wich is a Bvlgari Aqua/Aqua Marine/Davidoff Cool Water rip off. Bottled Night was supposed to be a warm, seductive scent. Maybe D&G doesn't blow it with this one, who knows. By now they almost all blew it

Where can you purchase Boss Bottled Night? I can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    In Europe it is wide available

All over Europe, in Croatia they're really pushing it. I can understand you want to try this, but don't have any high expectations.

Now most of these comparisons I do not concur with
    I'm not getting my hopes up but will try it.
    Smellin good

All over Europe, in Croatia they're really pushing it. I can understand you want to try this, but don't have any high expectations.
    Thanks. I guess we will have to wait for it in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Now most of these comparisons I do not concur with
    I'm not getting my hopes up but will try it.
    I think Boss Bottled Night is not so bad as most of reviewers said. It is typical Boss scent, a bit fresh, a bit synthetic, a bit sweet - they tried to make the atmosphere of Dior's Fahrenheit and they did it.

Thanks. I guess we will have to wait for it in the states.
    trust me, Bvlgari Aqua with violet! Nothing you expect, nothing I've expected. Original Boss Bottled will always be the best from Boss along with Boss number one and some of my (emphasys on my) personal favourites Dark Blue and boss in motion black.

Anyone smelled this yet? The magazines are full of ads for it, but I've yet to see it anywhere!

It's exclusive to Harrods for now, available nationwide in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazowzer View Post
    It's exclusive to Harrods for now, available nationwide in a couple of weeks.
    Ok thanks! The print reviews I've seen seem to be quite positive, so looking forward to trying it.

It's now on Ulta website:
    http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod2520071
    Interestingly, they mention apple and grapefruit, the notes that were not listed in the press release...

I love a well done apple note. It's sad that it's so extremely rare to see one well done! Anyhow, I'll remain optimistic here, because with the addition of apple and grapefruit, this sounds really, really good.

I'm hoping the grapefruit is tart and the pepper isn't too noticeable, used instead just to add bite to the grapefruit note. Something like Givenchy Play's opening, but with an apple twist.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Saw this in Macy's this past week and tried it. Its a really nice fall/winter fragrance, especially for fall. Here where I Live theres a town near by called Oak Glen in CA and its known for their apples in the fall. This fragrance reminds me of that town during the fall. Its a very smooth warm smell with a touch of vanilla. the smell is very deep and comforting. hoping to get a sample so i can try it out further

Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    Saw this in Macy's this past week and tried it. Its a really nice fall/winter fragrance, especially for fall. Here where I Live theres a town near by called Oak Glen in CA and its known for their apples in the fall. This fragrance reminds me of that town during the fall. Its a very smooth warm smell with a touch of vanilla. the smell is very deep and comforting. hoping to get a sample so i can try it out further
    This description could be about Boss Bottled: apple, smooth, warm and vanilla (in Boss Bottled it's mostly cinnamon though).
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

There's a scent strip in this month's Men's Health with Drew Brees on the cover. The tart of grapefruit isn't there, but you do get the sweetness of the grapefruit with some nice woods. Seems very classy and pleasant from what I can tell from the strip.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    This description could be about Boss Bottled: apple, smooth, warm and vanilla (in Boss Bottled it's mostly cinnamon though).
    I'm pretty sure I grabbed the one gentleman bottle. It had its own independent stand away from the other colognes. Didnt smell like apples or cinnamon just reminded me of that warm feeling in the fall you get at that orchard place because it has many little bakery shops making apple pies but without the apple smell. it had a faint sweetness to it that rounded off some of the spice smells

I'm getting good vibes for this one. Can't wait to try it!

Oh by the way this bottle at macy's was a eau de parfum and not de toilette. Went for 73 dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    Oh by the way this bottle at macy's was a eau de parfum and not de toilette. Went for 73 dollars
    Really? I haven't heard anything about an eau de parfum of The One Gentleman. That doesn't seem likely at all, not at this stage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Really? I haven't heard anything about an eau de parfum of The One Gentleman. That doesn't seem likely at all, not at this stage anyway.
    I know, right? I was surprised also. The lady at mayc's told me that its one of their few european jars that are eau de parfum. Once she left me i checked under the bottle and sure enough it said eau de parfum. Well, I by chance am going right now to victoria gardens in souther cali so im going to check it out there and take a pic