Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: NEW Dolce & Gabbana The one Gentleman

Quote Originally Posted by Akalucas View Post
    I know, right? I was surprised also. The lady at mayc's told me that its one of their few european jars that are eau de parfum. Once she left me i checked under the bottle and sure enough it said eau de parfum. Well, I by chance am going right now to victoria gardens in souther cali so im going to check it out there and take a pic
    ok, went there and turns out that ONLY the tester was eau de parfum. She thought all of them would be but it turns out the rest that where actually being sold where eau de toilette. She took it out and put out a toilette one for the testing. strange.

I know, right? I was surprised also. The lady at mayc's told me that its one of their few european jars that are eau de parfum. Once she left me i checked under the bottle and sure enough it said eau de parfum. Well, I by chance am going right now to victoria gardens in souther cali so im going to check it out there and take a pic
    What macy's? Can you give location?
    Would like to try and add to my collection.

hehe, that one sole bottle of secret eau de parfum that escaped the d&g headquarter will become an legendary object of desire among perfume collectors very soon :-). The grail quest begins right now...

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    What macy's? Can you give location?
    Would like to try and add to my collection.
    Well i went to victoria gardens outdoor mall in rancho Cucamonga and took a look at their macys and it wasnt there. I asked the lady at the counter and she said that it wont be available till october 1st. Told her that I saw it at The Galleria at Tyler in Riverside and she said that some stores might have it early but that they're not supposed to put it out until all macys stores have it or until oct 1st. So, i think someone didnt get the memo in Riverside. Passed by riverside and they still had it today. unfortunately the ones for sale are not eau de parfum but toilette. One of the testers was but when i pointed it out she said "oh thats not supposed to be here" and put it away. Too bad, cause it did have a nicer richer smell but not by much. I want to get it as well but i already got 3 frags this month so I need to wait for more cash flow. That lady that told me a few days back that they were ALL eau de parfum really messed up. Im thinking most of the department stores like macy's and nordstrom get a nice bottle of the good stuff when the representatives come in to pitch their stuff. Im thinking a newbie marked it as a tester later on. I really wish they would really make available the good stuff as well. This might be the reason why most of these different frags have so little projection and staying power. My GF bought Chanel Mademoiselle the parfum http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2874219?...resultback=100 at that same place (theres a macys and nordstrom right next to each other) for 95 bucks. that thing lasts all day plus the next day on her. we sprayed the eau de toilette and it only lasted 3 hours at best.

From L.A. to Riverside, that's out my way. lol
    I do want to try it, but not that bad. Guess I can call a few around here.
    Yes an EDP would of been nice.
    Thanks for the reply.

Blog Entries

Well i went to victoria gardens outdoor mall in rancho Cucamonga and took a look at their macys and it wasnt there. I asked the lady at the counter and she said that it wont be available till october 1st. Told her that I saw it at The Galleria at Tyler in Riverside and she said that some stores might have it early but that they're not supposed to put it out until all macys stores have it or until oct 1st. So, i think someone didnt get the memo in Riverside. Passed by riverside and they still had it today. unfortunately the ones for sale are not eau de parfum but toilette. One of the testers was but when i pointed it out she said "oh thats not supposed to be here" and put it away. Too bad, cause it did have a nicer richer smell but not by much. I want to get it as well but i already got 3 frags this month so I need to wait for more cash flow. That lady that told me a few days back that they were ALL eau de parfum really messed up. Im thinking most of the department stores like macy's and nordstrom get a nice bottle of the good stuff when the representatives come in to pitch their stuff. Im thinking a newbie marked it as a tester later on. I really wish they would really make available the good stuff as well. This might be the reason why most of these different frags have so little projection and staying power. My GF bought Chanel Mademoiselle the parfum http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2874219?...resultback=100 at that same place (theres a macys and nordstrom right next to each other) for 95 bucks. that thing lasts all day plus the next day on her. we sprayed the eau de toilette and it only lasted 3 hours at best.
    Thanks for the great report! This makes me very curious if (1) the EDP is going to be a future flanker, (2) the EDP is just a marketing trick, or (3) the EDP is going to be co-released as one of the related "perfumed products". I sure hope it's door number three. I'm definitely inclined toward EDPs and parfums - I almost always prefer stronger and closer to lighter and farther.

If you were watching the posting about YSL L'Homme's upcoming flanker (which turned out to be La Nuit), there was also a rumor that it would be the EDP. The EDP of the original never showed up, but the EDP of La Nuit did. Perhaps that's what's going to happen here. Alternatively, this could be like Hanae Mori HM, which has both EDT and EDP versions from the start, or at least as long as I can remember.

I got to try this on my lunchbreak today! The Perfume Shop chain in the UK and Ireland have it in stock now. It's priced at €75 for 100mls EDT. Not sure about the 50mls price.

I got the SA to spray some on a card and onto my hand. I find it very, very similar to The One. This isn't a completely new fragrance with a similar name by any means. It retains many of the elements of The One, but seems fresher and not as heavy or cloying. I can definitely detect the lavender and fennel notes, and an apple vibe also if I'm not mistaken. To me, it's like a refined, softer, more elegant take on the original, while still smelling a lot like it. If that's what they were going for, then they pretty much nailed it. I actually find it an improvement on the original I have to say. Quite impressed!

I can't comment yet on the sillage or longevity really, as it's only on my hand. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts!
    Last edited by Riverwide; 16th September 2010 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I got to try this on my lunchbreak today! The Perfume Shop chain in the UK and Ireland have it in stock now. It's priced at €75 for 100mls EDT. Not sure about the 50mls price.

I got the SA to spray some on a card and onto my hand. I find it very, very similar to The One. This isn't a completely new fragrance with a similar name by any means. It retains many of the elements of The One, but seems fresher and not as heavy or cloying. I can definitely deteect the lavender and fennel notes, and an apple vibe also if I'm not mistaken. To me, it's like a refined, softer, more elegant take on the original, while still smelling a lot like it. If that's what they were going for, then they pretty much nailed it. I actually find it an improvement on the original I have to say. Quite impressed!

I can't comment yet on the sillage or longevity really, as it's only on my hand. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts!

That sounds good! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds interesting! Waiting for your update on sillage and longevity. BTW, is it similar to Boss Bottled in any way (apple/vanilla combo)?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I got to try this on my lunchbreak today! The Perfume Shop chain in the UK and Ireland have it in stock now.
    Thanks for the update, looking forward to trying this tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    Sounds interesting! Waiting for your update on sillage and longevity. BTW, is it similar to Boss Bottled in any way (apple/vanilla combo)?
    I would say average sillage and average longevity. After about 4-5 hours it was still reasonably strong, but very much a skin scent. Sillage is decent for 2-3 hours, but seems to fade after that. Take that with a pinch of salt though, as I think I suffer from the infamous "olfactory fatigue"! Hehe.

It's not a million miles from BOSS bottled, but as I say, it's really much closer to the original The One. It's just been tweaked towards a fresher, slightly more lavender/patchouli smell...to my untrained nose anyway!

It's very pleasant stuff I must say though. I keep bringing my hand to my nose to smell it.
    Last edited by Riverwide; 17th September 2010 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks Riverwide! Sounds like a winner.

I just tested this tonight and I like this very much.....I like this better than the new Chanel.....If I make a purchase from the designer side of fragrance this will be the one I pick.
    gary

Tried this but only on a sample card yesterday. It is NOTHING like Boss Bottled and it also doesn't share too much with the original The One for men. It is indeed a more elegant and refined take on the original. As I remember the opening is warmer then the late drydown. In the opening there is a slight hint of apple indeed. The middle section has the fennel and lavender. The base is patchouli with subtle vanilla. I will try it again on skin next week but sillage seems to be weak (I also tried Body Kouros on a card ( Marzipan!!) which was very loud).
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Tried this but only on a sample card yesterday. It is NOTHING like Boss Bottled and it also doesn't share too much with the original The One for men. It is indeed a more elegant and refined take on the original. As I remember the opening is warmer then the late drydown. In the opening there is a slight hint of apple indeed. The middle section has the fennel and lavender. The base is patchouli with subtle vanilla. I will try it again on skin next week but sillage seems to be weak (I also tried Body Kouros on a card ( Marzipan!!) which was very loud).
    cool, thanks for your feedback.

So I picked up this fragrance at Macy's yesterday. They had just gotten it in on Friday and it wasn't even on display yet.

I wore the fragrance for the first time today and here are my findings...

The opening is herbal/oriental. You definitely pick up the cardamom note in the opening and this is the note that will remind you of the original "The One." That is basically the only similarity.

After the opening and about 45 mins into the fragrance you can smell the lavender note. This is only point in the fragrance where the sillage is average.

In the dry down you pick up a vanilla note. The vanilla is not a sweet gourmand type of note. Think vanilla bean ice cream and that is what the note resembles. I didn't really pick up the patchouli note but its definitely there because it does seem to help the longevity of the fragrance.

Overall, I found the herbal/oriental opening to be very synthetic. The fragrance is at its best about 1 hr - 3hrs after application. That is when you get the lavender and the lavender is done quite well. The sillage is average during the middle but the opening and dry down is disappointing. Longevity was average. I would guess 6-8 hrs tops. After 5 hrs you could still smell the fragrance on the skin but it had zero projection at all. I think D&G would have had a winner here if the fragrance had a stronger opening and if the fragrance projected better. Practical use of this fragrance would be day time office setting or day time casual as the scent is very inoffensive. Ideal temperature/climate would be 45-65 degrees. Any cooler the scent won't cut through the cold air and any warmer you are better off with a scent like L'Eau D'Issey as it is fresher and projects nicely for a fresh spring/summer scent.

Overall rating : 6.5/10
    If it had a better opening and better sillage I would give it an 8/10.

I tend to agree with your description PhlyerFan but the opening wasn't too synthetic for me. I think D&G's purpose was to create a pleasing casual chic and elegant office fragrance: you don't have to aspect huge sillage from The One Gentleman. If that is what they were going for, they succeeded IMO.

Those who expect a stronger version of The One for Men will be disappointed.

I was in wal mart with my friend and he handed me the magazine with the sample in it. As I tried to open the flap I ripped the whole page as a woman was walking by that I didnt notice. I was standing in her way. She looked in her late 40s early 50s, was prolly a looker when she was my age :P anyways. She said, "want me to smell it for ya so you'll know if the gals will like it?" and im like "ehh.. sure" she sniffs it and says "yep, they'll really like that one." I shouldve told her, "darn, too bad im married." My hand touched her face too, that was awkward...

hah

I really don't care about this. I'm trying to get rid of my bottle of The One!

Like I've stated a million times, Dolce and Gabbana should re-release BY MAN! Come on Dolce, listen to you fans!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Like I've stated a million times, Dolce and Gabbana should re-release BY MAN! Come on Dolce, listen to you fans!
    Maybe if we say this enough D&G will notice. Maybe we can get D&G to re-release their best fragrance, and throw their anthology series to the dustbin.

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    Maybe if we say this enough D&G will notice. Maybe we can get D&G to re-release their best fragrance, and throw their anthology series to the dustbin.
    Agreed! That Anthology series is an utter embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    If the scent is as nice as the bottle this will be a winner!!!
    Gary
    The Bottle is looking like "TheOne" from Narciso Rodriguez for him
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Have it on my right wrist, right now, and its been 3 hours since I applied, so this is a description of the dry down. On my skin, it smells like a smokey Boss Bottled drydown, with the nasty smelling woody note that puts me off BB removed and replaced with what I can only describe as a 'mellow' cedar. This wood note has none of the sharp 'pencil shavings' feel you usually get with cedar, but is still reminiscent of it. The note certainly does not smell of Patchouli as the notes list says.

And just because I have compared it to Boss Bottled, don't be mistaken to think there is an apple note in The One Gentleman, because I dont get any apple from Boss Bottled in the first place, just a woody spicy vanilla. So to me, The One Gentleman is a Smokey Woody Spicy Vanilla.

Anyone else tried it?

I bought the 1oz bottle - gonna keep it as a travel size - but wore this today and received compliments while in a meeting. Personally, I couldn't even smell it, but the women in the meeting just kept saying that I always smell great, but this one stood out to them. Perhaps it was the vanilla?

Regardless, this one I can wear, the original actually broke me out!
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    I bought the 1oz bottle - gonna keep it as a travel size - but wore this today and received compliments while in a meeting. Personally, I couldn't even smell it, but the women in the meeting just kept saying that I always smell great, but this one stood out to them. Perhaps it was the vanilla?

Regardless, this one I can wear, the original actually broke me out!
    thanks for the feedback

cologne causes acne? ...

Sur la Plage

Nothing special, below average sillage and longevity
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Tried it at Nordstrom today. It is similar to the original, which I think I still prefer, since it features citrus and is thus much brighter. Gentleman, on the other hand, is much more subdued. Much more of a woody, vanilla scent than the original. Longevity was excellent on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Tried it at Nordstrom today. It is similar to the original, which I think I still prefer, since it features citrus and is thus much brighter. Gentleman, on the other hand, is much more subdued. Much more of a woody, vanilla scent than the original. Longevity was excellent on me.
    I really want this! I wish my Nordstrom's would get it already!

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I really want this! I wish my Nordstrom's would get it already!
    I was in Nordstroms yesterday and was attacked with this. They just got it in.....Macys did too. Anyways I've decided I don't care for this at all. I want to like it but cant. The drydown is cloying to me. First time I've said that in a while. That vanilla really becomes powdery to me and it starts getting this sweet corn starch powder feel. I much prefer Bulgari Man.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Nothing special, below average sillage and longevity
    What a shame. I was sooo looking forward to trying this.

In case no one has posted, this is the ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nef9ZYlzyQI
    Last edited by Primrose; 24th September 2010 at 06:33 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I tried this last night. Initially it reminded me of Thanksgiving & Christmas the same way that Burberry London & Burberry London Special Reserve do. As it dried down, it got a lot closer to the original. Fans of the original should give this a shot.

I won't be buying it.

I had a sample of this one (EDT) recently, I dabbed just a few on my inner arm and thought it was wonderful... then 20 sec later it turned like "Paul Smith Man", which I totally hate. I've read the D&G contains fennel note, that could explain why I can't stand it.
    However, I think it is well executed if you like this genre, but definitely not for me.

Sillage and longevity are both good here. It's 12 hours after I applied it and I can still smell it. It's not projecting strongly but I do catch a whiff every now and again (wore 2 sprays on the chest and one on my forearm).

This is so much better than the original, in my opinion, because it tones down the sugar sweetness. There is still a good dose of sweetness prevalent but it's countered by a woodiness (I too pick up cedar far more than patchouli...and I think it's from a good dose of ambroxan) and a hint of smokiness, even.

I do get the impression of apple in the beginning, unlike some others, but I find that it's more of a baked spiced (the cardamom?) apple than a freshly cut apple. This scent kind of calls to mind L'Homme de Coeur but The One Gentleman has more body and depth while L'Homme de Coeur is more vibrant and airy.

The vanilla/cedar/a bit of patchouli combo here is excellent - one of the better uses of vanilla in a designer scent in a long time. I'm seriously considering this scent. I just wish I knew who the perfumer was!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

OMG - I tried this last night and it is HORRID. Hands down one of the worst mens fragrances I've ever had the displeasure to try. To me, it literally smells like something you clean your kitchen floor with. If it said Lysol on the side it wouldn't surprise me.

And too bad, because I love the original The One. In fact it's one of my top evening / date-night type of fragrances.

With 'The One Gentlemen' I think they botched it, no matter how many pictures of Matthew McConaughey they plaster around the in store display. Make me think they thought "Wow, this smells so horrid, we better find somebody really famous whose picture we can stick all around it in magazines and instore, and then we'll sell those million bottles we ordered made.".

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    OMG - I tried this last night and it is HORRID. Hands down one of the worst mens fragrances I've ever had the displeasure to try. To me, it literally smells like something you clean your kitchen floor with. If it said Lysol on the side it wouldn't surprise me.

And too bad, because I love the original The One. In fact it's one of my top evening / date-night type of fragrances.

With 'The One Gentlemen' I think they botched it, no matter how many pictures of Matthew McConaughey they plaster around the in store display. Make me think they thought "Wow, this smells so horrid, we better find somebody really famous whose picture we can stick all around it in magazines and instore, and then we'll sell those million bottles we ordered made.".
    I think it's one of the better releases of this year

McConaughey was also the face of the original, so his appearance here is not a new move by D&G.

I wonder what it is that you disliked so much. Was the floor cleaner accord you picked up just a synthetic-ish smell (like say the ammonia in Windex?) or was it something more specific?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    McConaughey was also the face of the original, so his appearance here is not a new move by D&G.

I wonder what it is that you disliked so much. Was the floor cleaner accord you picked up just a synthetic-ish smell (like say the ammonia in Windex?) or was it something more specific?
    It was the grapefruit man. Just sickenly overpowering grapefruit, that still stuck around long after the dry down. And with some chemically synthetic smell along with it. So instead of 'Orange Clean' for your kitchen, this smelled like 'Grapefruit Clean' to me. And I had it on a card and on my skin.

Maybe I'm sensitive to citrus scents, or just the grapefruit. To me CK One Summer while not an awesome fragrance wasn't unbearable, and that's citrusy, and I love Chanel Allure Blanche with it's lemon droppy tones. But this new The One Gentlemen was a bad citrusy.

As far as Matthew McConaughey's involvement in the original, had I known his supreme sexiness was tied in with that one I would have bought TWO of the original, just to support Matt's continued hotness, he's getting older ya know, I hear they have to airbrush him now.
    Last edited by fsface; 25th September 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Purchased last night and wearing today. I was a fan of the original and I'm really enjoying the new fragrance.

Am I the only one that is getting an Obsession for Men, Estee Lauder Intuition, vibe from this. I know those two are similiar to the orginal The One but on the card they sprayed for me yesterday I thought I was smelling a lighter Obsession for Men or a sweeter Intution. Not bad at all here not bad. It isn't great it's just nice.

it's dissapointing. just like with the original "The One", if it just had better longevity and projection, it would be a winner in my book. both of them have a classy smell.

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    It was the grapefruit man. Just sickenly overpowering grapefruit, that still stuck around long after the dry down. And with some chemically synthetic smell along with it. So instead of 'Orange Clean' for your kitchen, this smelled like 'Grapefruit Clean' to me. And I had it on a card and on my skin.

Maybe I'm sensitive to citrus scents, or just the grapefruit. To me CK One Summer while not an awesome fragrance wasn't unbearable, and that's citrusy, and I love Chanel Allure Blanche with it's lemon droppy tones. But this new The One Gentlemen was a bad citrusy.

As far as Matthew McConaughey's involvement in the original, had I known his supreme sexiness was tied in with that one I would have bought TWO of the original, just to support Matt's continued hotness, he's getting older ya know, I hear they have to airbrush him now.
    Hmm, that makes sense. I didn't even pick up the grapefruit note in this scent - either I was being completely inattentive or it just didn't really show up much on my skin. It sounds like you might be sensitive to the chemical(s) they are using in the grapefruit note because I can't imagine they intended for a fragrance for a gentleman to smell of grapefruit and only grapefruit!

Have you tried Givenchy Play? Did you get the same vibe from that? I only ask because that's an easy to find scent that has a grapefruit note on top. If the grapefruit lasts forever for you with that one, too, then I'd definitely suspect a sensitivity.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy Kreme View Post
    cologne causes acne? ...
    In my case, I had an odd allergic reaction to something in the original release of The One. It would irritate my skin.

This release, and I had to test in the store on skin (other was a gift) before buying, doesn't do it. Could have been some contaminate, or some ingredient. But you could actually tell where I sprayed it - the skin would look reddish.

After a few more wears, this is definitely a "shot to the chest" type of fragrance. I wore it on just my arms at the fold of my arm and it was "gone" in hours. Others could smell it, I couldn't. The transition from the initial notes to the basenotes was more rapid that way too - not the best transition.

The vanilla in this goes well with me. Still a compliment getter, even when I couldn't smell it.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread - AGAIN
    I still need a Creed Original Vetiver 120ml cap...

Returned it after 1 try. Just something I didn't want to smell like.
    It really smells like they took The One and threw pencil shavings in it.

+=

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    In my case, I had an odd allergic reaction to something in the original release of The One. It would irritate my skin.
    This happens to me occasionally as well. Ambre Fetiche did it, as well as a lotion I had tried awhile back.

I'm quite eager to try this! If it's at Macy's then I may be able to.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I tried The One Gentleman today and I kind of liked it. It's totally a different direction than the original. I think they might have goofed on the name and cap with it. I think if they went with a light brown cap and called this 'The One Light' it would reflect the scent much better and match the blue juice more so. The picture of MM in a tux suggests they think this is a formal scent and it's really not. That way in another couple years they can come out with a 'black' style The One, use the blackish cap and darker bottle and it would work and maybe call it 'The One Night'. That one could be more geared to a formal night cause this one isn't.

For this one I liked the grapefruit and cardamon opening and only got a smidge of apple. It's nothing like Boss Bottled to my nose. After the spice burns off the lavender does a nice job of tying the opening to the base. Then once it settles into the base the vanilla isn't some sticky sweet type but a creamy one and it marries to the cedar wonderfully.

Again longevity and sillage is fairly weak with this D&G offering. I read there might be a EDP floating around and possibly coming to us in the future.... good, cause this flanker needs it. So does the original. EDPs for everyone!
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I tired it briefly on paper today. The opening had a very strong bubblegum vibe to me for some reason.

But then I got the card mixed up with other stuff I sampled and I didn't know which card was which, so I can't say anything about the progression of it.

Smells like straight up bubblegum. If you live in the states, its pretty much the stuff in the pink containers labelled "original flavour" gum (but it will say flavor, stupid USEng ).

I also tried this at Macy's, on me it smells very similar to Kenzo Jungle and I like it. But it has to much simliatry for me to feel the need to buy this bottle. I also have M7 which in my view has that spicyness to it too. Only difference is that M7 has that sweet medicinal smell to it.

Great scent, if you don't have M7 or Kenzo Jungle, then def buy it.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

I tired it briefly on paper today. The opening had a very strong bubblegum vibe to me for some reason.
    Smells like straight up bubblegum.
    Just sampling this tonight. Have to agree with these assessments. Yet, I'm finding it surprisingly appealing for bubble gum.

Wow, lots of divergent opinions here. I finally tried it today, and while I'm away from home and don't have access to my bottle of The One, I must say that Gentleman is close enough to not warrant the purchase. It seemed very similar, but instead of the emphasis on the sweet vanilla tobacco of the original, there's more emphasis on woods in the drydown, with some additional spiciness. Sillage seemed about the same, but with better longevity. Which isn't saying a lot, as the original is pretty weak on both accounts.

Entirely pleasant, and I'd pick some up if I didn't have a bottle of plain ol' The One. I'll have to try a back-to-back comparison at some point.

I like this, i picked it up this weekend and it has a nice grapefruit/apple opening for me

I want to sample this again but, as it stands, I enjoy Bvlgari Man better insofar as new offerings go.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I stopped in Macy's last night. I saw this and figured why not give it a try on my wrist. I walked around for a while and I liked it. The Sales Associate gave me 2 samples to take home. I found myself smelling my wrist on and off throughout the evening and enjoying the scent. I cant place my finger on what it is that I am liking just yet. I own the original and I think I may like this one a little better. I will report back after I use the samples and hopefully by then I will know if its bottle worthy or not.

Picked up a sample at Macy's last night. Wearing it now. It is similar to The One, but I actually like The One Gentleman better, as the lavender notes are quite nice. For just a second I think about Caron Pour Un Homme with its lavender/vanilla accord, but of course this offering from D&G is certainly no Caron. Sillage is SAFE and won't offend anyone, longevity on this is just mediocre.

Would I buy a bottle of this? No. I would save my money for something more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I am interested in this because of the lavender. Not even the boutiques know about this scent yet.
    Me too, but I think it won't be a fresh lavender.

This kinda smelled like Body Kouros to me, although I'm not sure if that is the case and need more opinions on that. Anyone else think so? And which between these two would you pick overall?

i like the grapefruit =]