Code of Conduct

Default Dont you just love compliments?

Compliments are few and far in between for me, but got one today from wearing Fleur du Male.

"You smell great!" I was told to put a heavier dose on, but I dont wear fragrance to advertise, just for a nice personal aura.

Kinda words always feels good and makes my day.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Default Re: Dont you just love compliments?

I'm one of those guys that gets complimented on my sotd almost every day. It's never tiring to hear that someone thinks I smell nice. Lots of sprays is not my style, I keep it subtle. I had lunch with a friend the other day, and hugged her goodbye when we parted ways. She emailed later that night to say she still had my "essence" on her. Ah! Essence of Bossa. That's what I strive for.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Nice story, Bossa!

And yeah, I never want to be "that" guy at work anyway. I'll always play it safe.

Yeah, it's a fine line - wearing enough for it to be noticed positively, but not wearing so much that it will annoy. I tend toward the conservative side and therefore rarely get comments. I could probably get away with a heavier application. 2-3 sprays is my norm.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Yeah, it's a fine line - wearing enough for it to be noticed positively, but not wearing so much that it will annoy. I tend toward the conservative side and therefore rarely get comments. I could probably get away with a heavier application. 2-3 sprays is my norm.
    Yeah same here. one on each arm and one on the neck. But I may start adding a spray if people dont smell me except by putting their nose on my skin. That way I can enjoy the scent a little more and longer.

If I'm on the fence about a fragrance, compliments can really sway my opinion on it. I don't base everything off compliments but they defiitely don't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by r0bdigz View Post
    If I'm on the fence about a fragrance, compliments can really sway my opinion on it. I don't base everything off compliments but they defiitely don't hurt!
    True.

And I got Fleur du male without my wife's liking to it. But it's one I love so I wear it work.

Such a shame that a well meant compliment is so easy to give, but not being given enough

I like compliments, but I wear whatever I darned well please...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I am also complimented often about the good smell of my fragrance.....The most important compliment is one from my Wife.....She is the one that I aim to please.....In December we will be married for 31 years.....She always smells Great and that's my goal too!!!
    Gary

To be honest with you, I'm neutral when receiving compliments, because when I wear a fragrance, I wear it for myself and myself only. I'm so Égoïste.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I wear frags for myself too....I do get compliments all the time. I think its my swag tho...I feel like the best smelling thing in the world..and it shows..
    Im the be$t @ thi$

Cool Re: Dont you just love compliments?

Yes I like compliments, after all, in spite of rumors to the contrary I'm still human.
    Of course when I get complimented on Homme Nature by Yves Rocher (not bad by any means) but then I'm told how much better it smells than Vintage Tab, or Antaeus, or Dunhill '34 or Habit Rouge or ( insert your top 3 frags) that I understand why many BN members go over the edge.

I used to think going " over the edge" meant getting 400+ bottles.
    It isn't.
    It's getting rid of everything, disappearing from the forums and only wearing Old Spice or Curve for the rest of your life.
    THAT'S " Over the edge. "

Pax,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Basenotes Institution

I hardly get any compliments- it's sad !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    To be honest with you, I'm neutral when receiving compliments, because when I wear a fragrance, I wear it for myself and myself only. I'm so Égoïste.
    That's me.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Same I tend to go light on the trigger, 1-3 sprays is fine depending on the fragrance. Usually they smell it off my neck and that is where i put it.

Basenotes Institution

Love compliments, yes I'm a complete compliment whore. Yet, on the other hand, I am just as happy walking around in my cloud of weird-SOTD-omg-what-is-Mike-wearing-today!? and never receiving a compliment from anyone.

Yup! Thing is, I hardly get em. My mother complimented me the other day. She said what I was wearing was nice yet soft. I was wearing Caron Third Man. The day before I was talking to a female co-worker about her fragrance. So then I asked her if she could smell me. She said yes, and that she smelt me at that moment. She said I smell nice, and she can tell it's expensive. I was wearing Bogart Pour Homme, the least expensive fragrance I own. lol I got it for like $13! lol But that remained my little secret. :-)