Code of Conduct
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default SotD Saturday, May 15, 2010

Greetings from all of us.
    Last edited by Quarry; 15th May 2010 at 02:15 AM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: SotD Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ooh! Happy Birthday, Musse! (and Quarry what a nice way to say so!)

Le Grand Duc, I capitulated and tonight am wearing one of your samples tonight, the "nice and flowerdy" (flowerdy being the scent descriptive word of the day, LOL) Midnight Poison. It's dark enough to tickle my fancy and also perfect for the cool damp evening.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Happy Birthday Musse

{{{{Musse}}}} Hope you have a magnificent (and fragrant) day!!!!!

Quarry, you sure know how to make a B-day super special .

Since I am still wearing my Clair de Jour by Lanvin and will be sleeping in it through the morning hours, I guess that will be my SotD also

Hugs all.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 15th May 2010 at 03:52 AM.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Lorenzo Villoresi Patchouli

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Happy birthday Musse!

My scent of today is the lovely Le Temps d'une Fête from Nicolaï.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Le Grand Duc, I capitulated and tonight am wearing one of your samples tonight, the "nice and flowerdy" (flowerdy being the scent descriptive word of the day, LOL) Midnight Poison. It's dark enough to tickle my fancy and also perfect for the cool damp evening.
    Atta girl ... I told you they were delicious!
    I have a wee bit of the Sycomore sample
    I got from you on ... the Duke is gonna be
    poooor, I need to own that one too!

CONGRATZ CRAZY MOUSELADY ... Lots of love from me to you!

Miss Dior Chérie

- Eau de Parfum -

Good morning everyone Today I'm staying home while the bf and his son attend a Confirmation party. SO looking forward to round up the assignment! Sotd is Samsara. And to Musse GRATULERER MED DAGEN!!!! ( Happy birthday) Hope it's a good one!!!

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Etro Vetiver. Happy Birthday Musse!

Notes include artemisia, clary sage, cypress, cedar, tobacco and Bourbon vetiver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, dear Musse!

Guerlain Tonka Imperiale

Enjoy the day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Off on a two hour drive to a funeral of an artist friend in Coral Gables, FL. I am wearing a light spritz of Domenico Caraceni 1913.

Happy Birthday to Musse!!

Last edited by kbe; 15th May 2010 at 12:06 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

DARLING EVA!!!
    Quarry - your lovingkindness (AND design sense) are without parallel!! And the rest of you ain't bad either!!

How Green Was My (Lily of the) Valley!!

Last edited by TaoLady; 15th May 2010 at 12:15 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Birthday Musse!

For a sunny Somerville Saturday I am wearing what I consider the alpha fragrance:

Farina 1709 Eau de Cologne

With all of these fancy new riffs on Eau de Cologne appearing I thought I'd remind myself of what the first one smelled like.
    Hr. Farina knew what he was doing 300 years ago.

Have a Supernatural Saturday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 15th May 2010 at 12:46 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Thumbs up Re: SotD Saturday, May 15, 2010

VINAIGRE DE TOILETTE

diptyque

from samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Happy Birthday, Musse!

I hope you are having a lovely day!

I'm wearing Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy today.

I am scentless, but not for long. I am about to embark upon a sniffing adventure, starting at Frederic Malle and then heading south: Barney's, Kriglers, Bergdorf's, Taka, wherever our fancy takes us. It will be an initiation adventure for my older daughter and my affiliative daughter; I am delighted to share the pleasure with them. I must say, though, that I am yearning to wear Songes today!

Happy, happy birthday, Musse!

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday dear MUSSE!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday to you !!!!!!!!!!
    Have a fabulous day ,sweetie !

Lilybelle- I love that picture - it's so cute !

Scent of the morning - Black Gardenia by Michele Bergman from a measly sample !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 15th May 2010 at 01:37 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Happy Birthday to my dear friend musse. Many fives today. Wearing your Fresh Honeysuckle and Grapefruit and wishing you all the best.

Had to Agree to Terms and Conditions. Did you? Where did I go wrong? Has my BN identity been hacked? Do I have one at all?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Had to Agree to Terms and Conditions. Did you? Where did I go wrong? Has my BN identity been hacked? Do I have one at all?
    Twolf- I think we all had to agree to the new terms etc. I did yesterday . Don't worry !

Happy Birthday Musse!

Quarry, love your style!

Brief checking in today - Alahine this morning. I have only a fairly limited selection to choose from for the next couple of weeks, as everything is packed. Should be able to be moving in in about 2 weeks. I will be so happy to get things back to normal. Maybe even sleep better?!

Take care, all!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Happy Birthday Musse!

Wearing Turbulences parfum today

OMG! OMG! OMG!

This is my best birthday presents ever - thank you so much to everyone of you!
    Love the cakes and the "mouses" (as we say), and I do hope I can print this page out

- (((((Quarry))))) - You make me speechless, and it aint the first time, either!!!

Love you all!

Ooopsie, almost forgot - Fracas today!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

SotD : Vetiver Extraordinaire

SotE : Iris Poudre
    Wishlist is pointless.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Saturday, May 15, 2010

Shaal Nur.

Hello all, and Happy Birthday, Musse!

I started out sampling Guerlain's Idylle. It was a bit too quiet for my day ahead, so I switched horses in midstream for something with more zest, and applied Ralph Lauren's Wild. Now that one will whistle while I work...!

Ralph Lauren Wild:
    Floral notes, watermelon, strawberries, cherry blossom, musk.

[cc attribution: takanawho]

Happy Musseday!

Creed, Love In Black today. I've been out in the garden - all the violets are finished flowering now, but that doesn't stop me from wearing violet!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

All the mouse art is squealingly adorable! And that flower-cake-bouquet you found, Mystic-Mimi, wow, what a stunner!

I am celebrating life today — most joyously the birth of my special friend Eva. But then, too, I’m on my way out to attend the funeral of a friend’s mother. Olga was 96 years old, so no one is feeling cheated. After much deliberation, I applied a single decolletage swipe of the gardenia powerhouse Stephanie. No condolences necessary, folks. I’m actually looking forward to seeing high school friends whose company I rarely get to enjoy. Forty years only sweetens that affection for my fellow time-travelers.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Riviera dei Fiori near Sanremo and Alassio

Happy B-Day, dear Eva!!!!

today for me :

Woman in rose Alessandro dell'Acqua(Olivier Cresp)
    A, quales ego mane rosas procedere vidi!
    Nascebantur adhuc neque erat par omnibus aetas.

I had to do that, too, Twolf! Thanks for your bd wishes, and many special huggies to you!!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Happy Birthday to my dear friend musse. Many fives today. Wearing your Fresh Honeysuckle and Grapefruit and wishing you all the best.

Heh. Every time such a message comes up I wonder what heinous behavior I've been blithely DOING here.

This morning in Fiore d'Ulivo (which I think is a great scent, still doing the happy dance at having actually WON something that I like) very appropriate for my trip to the farmers market and the slightly soggy gardening that I'm going to get done today... it would also make a wonderful elegant date / evening out scent. Hey, I think it's the all-purpose-smells-really-good scent, as that's pretty much how I just described it!...
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Basenotes Plus

Happy Birthday, Musse! Have a wonderful day today!
    My SOTD is Chanel Eau Premier.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

After trying it in shops over many years, today is my first time to actually wear Antaeus by Chanel.

I had to agree to the terms and conditions as well. I thought I had done something wrong, but if others had to do it, it probably doesn't mean anything.
    Last edited by sean-dt; 15th May 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent(s) of the Evening

Eau Noire Cologne
    and Bois d'Argent

Both from Christian Dior samples.

Scent Intense CN

Happy Birthday, Musse! I love all the birthday mice (mouses!). Here's another:

My SotD is L'Artisan Parfumeur Poivre Piquant, from my new prize bottle!

Basenotes Institution

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Grattis på födelsedan Musse!

Annick Goutal – Heure Exquise edp.

It really is very similar to vintage Chanel No 19!
    Last edited by tott; 15th May 2010 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Scent Intense CN
    Is that you, Dimi? I like your new Avatar. It reminds me of an Art class I took many years ago.

Happy Birthday Musse!!! You smell delicious in Fracas.

Today I am wearing L'Heure Bleue EdC vintage from a decant. The top notes are starting to smell a little bit like vinegar, but in a few minutes it smells wnderful.
    Evenstar

Sur la Plage

My SOTE is Tom Ford Black Orchid - to wear to dinner with my husband to celebrate our anniversary.

Notes include Bergamot, Citrus, Mandarin, Black Gardenia, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Lotus Wood, Orchid, Spicy Floral Accord, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Incense and Vanilla.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Congrats on the anniversary, petruccijc! Hope you and your sweetie have a WONDERFUL dinner.

Someone in here was wearing Theorema yesterday, and it sounded right on to me today.

First, my sampling for today....

L'Artisan Timbuktu

Notes: green mango, pink pepper berries, cardamom, karo karounde flower, smokey incense of papyrus wood, patchouli, myrrh, vetiver (from luckyscent.com)

I am not fond of the fenugreek opening notes that are reminiscent of Parfum d'Empire Fougere Bengal, ie, an edible curry. However, after the opening accord settles down, I must admit that Timbuktu is one of the best woody-incense fougeres I have experienced. The herbal accord is understated, only a tad medicinal and primarily aromatic, with a freshness that contributes a tinge of brightness without making me feel as though my nostrils have been scrubbed by a wire brush (as many contemporary fougeres have a tendency to do). The woody notes are difficult to place, and have a sweet creaminess not unlike sandalwood. The incense notes add a luxurious richness without being heavy or cloying. Wood, incense, smoky green vetiver and some soapiness define the drydown, although the herbal accord still lingers in faded form. Overall, Timbuktu is an amazingly well-crafted composition, and I would not hesitate to recommend this to anybody who is looking for a balanced, modern interpretation of a classic fougere.

L'Artisan Dzonkha

Notes: Lichee, Cardamom, Peony, Iris, Tea Leaves, Incense (from luckyscent.com)

For a supposed spiced incense and tea fragrance Dzonkha starts incredibly boozy--like a single malt scotch with dry woods and peaty smoke. The opening accord is intoxicating but short lived, and gives way to the cardamom and tea that I expected from the beginning. Soon after, the tea accord evokes a leathery quality, and combined with cardamom, woody notes and some smoke gives the impression of a dry leather chypre such as the classic Estee Lauder Azuree. Peeking out within the mid notes is an unexpected dose of pepper which carries the spice impression as the cardamom fades. The drydown is spicy, aromatic and slightly sweet with hints of unburned incense resin--at this stage, the leather quality persists along with the pepper. Dzonkha is a very enjoyable ecclectic fragrance, more dry and understated than the equally boozy, leathery, tea-tinged Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe. Dzonkha is slightly formal in its leather character, but as easy to wear as a well-loved pair of jeans.

Parfumerie Generale Papyrus de Ciane

Notes: Bergamot, galbanum, neroli, broom, solar notes, lavender, mugwort, clove, incense, cistus labadanum, hedione, vetiver, Mousse de Saxe, Silvanone, white musk (from luckyscent.com)

Papyrus de Ciane starts soapy, green and bright with a short-lived galbanum and bergamot blast. Soon after, the green impression turns decidedly more golden, as in dried grass or hay, with a sweet woodiness. Into the middle development, some smoky incense notes appear as the soapiness fades. PdC turns decidedly more dry and somewhat powdery at this point, as smoke, moss and labdanum give the impression of a modernized version of a classic leather chypre. This stage develops very slowly, and eventually loses the vague leather quality in favor of mossy tones. PdC settles into a clean musk, wood, incense resin and hay drydown, with smoky vetiver which gives a pleasant impression of burning white sage and tinder-dry paper. PdC is a quiet and understated fragrance which evokes a classic style--lovely.
    Last edited by Asha; 15th May 2010 at 10:18 PM.

Next post...wow how much has been going on since I've been laying low! Name, changes, birthdays and anniversaries! Let's have a sweet feast for Joe, Musse, and all the rest!

Happy birthday, Musse!

Happy anniversary, petruccijc!

After all the talk about gardenias,
    I wore Kai and Tuberose Gardenia - E.L. today!

Last edited by *dora*; 15th May 2010 at 10:29 PM.

Renee Musk this morning,

Annick Goutal Neroli this afternoon,

Ava Luxe Ambre Fonce' this evening.

Have a good Saturday and Happy Birthday to Musse and Happy Anniversary to petruccijc!
    Last edited by Caron33; 15th May 2010 at 11:25 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    Someone in here was wearing Theorema yesterday, and it sounded right on to me today.

Day two in Theorema Leggero

Happy birthday Musse! I love all the birthday mouses that came out to play!

Hope you're having a lovely evening...

Quarry, love the photo with the cat butt front & center!
    kbe, I'm sorry to hear about your friend...
    Wow, wish I could go with Therese on that shopping expedition!
    Happy anniversary petrucciji!

I'm wearing a sample of Absoluto by Antonia's flowers... lovely....

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vetiver Hombre tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Annick Goutal Duel.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Day two in Theorema Leggero
    Aha!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by *dora* View Post
    Happy birthday, Musse!

Happy anniversary, petruccijc!

After all the talk about gardenias,
    I wore Kai and Tuberose Gardenia - E.L. today!

Oh My Oh My ! Love that picture. I must add - Happy anniversary, petruccijc / J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scent twins in Tuberose Gardenia this evening ( with a dash of Black gardenia perfume oil . )
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 16th May 2010 at 02:54 AM.

Happy Birtdhay Musse - hope you have a delightful day!! ♥

Scent of Saturday: My man and I are currently in the progress of finding a fabulous city apartment to rent; so I wanted to wear something comforting yet confident. I chose Chanel Coco parfum which I love so much more than I thought I ever would. It reminds me of my mum for some reason (as I don't think she's ever worn it) hence; why I find it to be a bit of a comfort smell.
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Happy Birthday Musse!!!
    Happy Anniversary Petruccijc!!!
    Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

Late to the birthday and anniversary party, but I hope you both enjoyed your day!

Started with Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan for my hair appointment, then sprayed some Creed Acqua Fiorentina for the afternoon.
    This evening and for bed, I'm in Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete.

Just popping in to say Happy Anniversary to Joe P and mate, and to tell Asha how much I enjoyed her mini-reviews today. I've gotta try that Papyrus stuff!