Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: How do you display/store your fragrances? And what about those samples?

CRose - great idea with those boxes and very inventive. I might steal your idea and make one for myself

Default Re: How do you display/store your fragrances? And what about those samples?

Bottles and sets in a Heywood-Wakefield cabinet I found at an antique store and got a great deal on (and collection is rapidly outgrowing) -- samples in cigar boxes, a gourd, nightstand drawers, other little boxes, my purse, my car, in old ashtrays -- wherever they land.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

Blog Entries

I display mine behind glass, in a cabinet. Back-ups are kept in their boxes, as well as a few precious vintage bottles with pretty cases, but I wear most of my fragrances, if infrequently in some cases, and I like being able to see them.

Samples are kept in a couple of bowls in the same cabinet, but I'll have to think of something better sooner or later.

Banned

I have bookcases to display my fragrances. For houses from which I have a lot of fragrances they'll get their own shelf. For the last few months I've been out of display space and most new purchases have unfortunately been piling up in their boxes, waiting for me to get another bookcase. I keep the room dark with black-out curtains and cool with a/c in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla
    I have four refrigerators that I keep at approximately 53 degrees F. in which I store my fragrances. I keep a computer inventory which features, for each fragrance a trigger quantity at which, when reached, I reorder. This analytical approach works well for me.
    ::slowly takes a few steps backwards::

Basenotes Institution

Used to be a bookcase in a dark corner of the study, now the bottles are in dresser drawers where no one can see them.

Samples and minis are all in big crafty boxes by the computer, not really organized.

You guys should see how Quarry stores her samples "tied up" ("attached"?). C'mon Quarry, do it again! Pretty please?

I used a 16" 2x4, sanded it down and drilled holes with a 15/32" bit on a drill press. That fits the most common sample bottles used by Sephora, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. It gave me 64 holes (4 wide, 16 deep) to fill. I can make another board when this one fills up

check it out here
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    I used a 16" 2x4, sanded it down and drilled holes with a 15/32" bit on a drill press. That fits the most common sample bottles used by Sephora, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. It gave me 64 holes (4 wide, 16 deep) to fill. I can make another board when this one fills up

check it out here
    Looks great, BriGuy! It also brings back some bittersweet memories - my grandfather made me a stand almost exactly like yours for my birthday a looong time ago to store my thin test-tubes in. I do miss him...

Getting back on topic:
    I have four open shelves occupied by my perfumes.
    The upper shelf is full of my decants, organised in rows by scent type/mood.
    The shelf below contains all my niche bottles.
    On the next shelf my designer scents and classics are displayed.
    The lowest shelf is dedicated to storing my considerable sample stash in decorative boxes, organised in ziploc bags by house and the few scented candles I have.

I only keep my reserve bottles in their boxes in a dark cabinet. I know it's not the best for the fragrances, but I do love to look at my collection (I have a view at my bottles from my bed - isn't that just perfect? ). They do not get direct sunlight though and it never gets overly warm in the room.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    I have a view at my bottles from my bed - isn't that just perfect?
    Now THAT's the way to start the day!
    (Perfection is underrated.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

DSC_0003.jpg

I store nearly all of my bottles in box & place them in a dark glass cabinet.
    (here almost one third of my wardrobe...)

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_0003.jpg

I store nearly all of my bottles in box & place them in a dark glass cabinet.
    (here almost one third of my wardrobe...)

Hardly any display in my case, unless the cabinets in which I store them have glass panes. Aside from that, storage conditions are pretty much identical to the ones for storing frags in other cabinets- cool, but not freezing temperatures, shade, good ventilation, all fragrances stored, if possible, in their original boxes etc.

As for the samples, since they are scarce and of no significant value, being 80-90% generic mainstream releases, they simply lie around the cabinets where I also keep my full bottles of fragrance, no other organizing, storage, conserving, archiving, coding, separating etc. of my sample vials being (yet) necessary for me.

I have an antique apprentice piece, which is a miniature chest of drawers, for keeping my samples - the drawers are alphabetised. I keep my vintage fragrances in the wine cooler and my other fragrance bottles in the fragrance wardrobe. It is what it is - a wardrobe just for storing fragrance. Gawwwd, I sound such a geek!
    Do happy

I keep all samples and decants in two drawers. For my bottles I've got a decorative textile box which I bought in art deco shop around 2 years ago. It plays it's role perfectly as it protects the perfume from sunlight and temperature changes + it looks gorgeous sitting on the shelf of my bookshelf.

Most of my bottles of fragrance are stored in two bathroom cabinets
    with no light. My precious ones stay there all the time, maturing like
    fine wines and only being used occasionally.

I have around six bottles out on the dressing table in rotation so my
    current favourites are to hand. Currently there are:-
    Omnia, Mandarine Basilic, Hot Couture, Ferre de Ferre,
    Rive Gauche and Heliotrope Blanc.

Most of my samples and decants are in three pretty, cardboard boxes but I keep
    the odd few in my handbag/vanity tray/downstairs loo so I always have
    something to hand. The ones out at the moment are:- Daim Blond,
    Theorema, Alien and Donna Karan Gold.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I just throw mine under the sink, next to the Draino. Just kidding, lol. Mine are kept in a drawer.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Blog Entries

I use an IKEA cabinet as well. I use this one:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...055/#/10119206

For my 3 fragrances I use in rotation (usually changed once a month), I keep those on my dresser.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I just throw mine under the sink, next to the Draino...
    Oh, you're such a hoot!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nausicaä View Post
    We store samples in ammunition boxes like this, or in small metal boxes for bringing with us.
    Brilliant.