Code of Conduct

Default Diptyque Opone being withdrawn?

I got a mailer from, I think, Luckyscent saying that was going away and that Diptyque was also going to end the 200mL bottles. (I'm pretty sure other Basenoters go the same mail)

Does anyone have confirmation from Diptyque or another source for this?

Default Re: Diptyque Opone being withdrawn?

The mailer is from lusciouscargo.com.

I haven't looked at in any depth yet.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Banned

In the LC e-mail they say

"The more panic-inducing including the elimination of: the 200ml scents... and the following EDTs (in both sizes): L'Autre, Eau d'Elide, Opone, L'Eau Trois, Virgilio. Read it and weep..."
    Last edited by teger; 15th March 2008 at 01:07 PM.

This is very bad. I only tried Eau d'Elide from this list. Why do they do this?????

This sucks. I had intended at some point to get Eau d'Elide, now I guess I'll have to do it soon.

I like Eau d'Elide for its shock value (to me, anyway). It smells like a punch in the face. If you've ever been sucker punched in the nose, you'll know the smell/taste/sensation. It's hard to describe, but something about Eau d'Elide captures that-- along with oranges and herbs. Kind of a freaky scent.

I also hear they're releasing three new EDTs this year, but it's lousy that they're discontinuing these.

Must grab Opone soon then, the others I don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I like Eau d'Elide for its shock value (to me, anyway). It smells like a punch in the face. If you've ever been sucker punched in the nose, you'll know the smell/taste/sensation. It's hard to describe, but something about Eau d'Elide captures that-- along with oranges and herbs. Kind of a freaky scent.
    I wanted to love Eau d'Elide, but in reality, I was not so keen...
    I had to pass on my sample as it smelled of old ladie's face powder that had been sitting on their dusty dresser for decades. Strange how many different interpretations can be made of the same scent!

this is an old thread but brough a smile to my face it has probably some of the funniest & memorable quotable quotes so far for me

anyway i landed here coz i check in once in a while to see if there's an Opone smell alike.. (is there now?)

im a fan of yester years Diptyque

lol i love this:

Quote Originally Posted by teger View Post

"In the LC e-mail they say

The more panic-inducing including the elimination of: .. the following EDTs (in both sizes): L'Autre, Eau d'Elide, Opone, L'Eau Trois, Virgilio. Read it and weep..."

and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Boal View Post
    This is very bad. I only tried Eau d'Elide from this list. Why do they do this?????

and this:

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

I like Eau d'Elide for its shock value.. It smells like a punch in the face. If you've ever been sucker punched in the nose, you'll know the smell/taste/sensation.
    “Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glad I have a full bottle of Opone.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.