Code of Conduct

Cool Can Parfums de Nicolai's Rose Pivoine save me from my slump ?

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've been trying to seek out a good solid rose scent. Nothing too "formal" or for only special occasions. I want to wear it whenever. I would put a few Montale's in the category, as several of them have just too much sillage or are not really a day time scent. Lovely fragrances, for sure. But not what I am after here.

I have recently tried out Paestum Rose. Let me tell you, I shoulda payed more attention to Buzzlepuff's review in the directory. There is alot going on, but very little rose. A well made fragrance with good presence. But again, not what I am after. Paestum Rose actually really surprised me, as I expected different.

I'm zeroing in on Parfums de Nicolai's Rose Pivoine. When I tried it, I found it to be nice. Seems somehow uplifting in a way. A problem with the sampling of this scent is that I have very little in my vial. I'm working with 0.4 ml's or so. Not enough to really understand. But perhaps enough to get an idea if I like the smell.

I'm having a difficult time finding a rose scent that I like. So I feel like I am in a slump. Struggling, for sure. Perhaps my expectation are not reasonable when I sample scents ?

But, Rose Pivoine seems to be close to what I think may work. What do you think of this Parfums de Nicolai offering ? And for those who do wear it, please give me some feedback. I would love for some responses.

Thanks !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Default Re: Can Parfums de Nicolai's Rose Pivoine save me from my slump ?

Well, i was never especially interested in finding a "masculine" rose frag, but I recently acquired a bottle of Acteur by Azzaro and really enjoy it. If it's not a "masterpiece," it's awfully close !

Thanks Bigsly. Acteur is something I have been wondering about. I just wonder if it may smell too dated, if you know what I mean. I have not sampled it yet, but am going on reviews and forum talk. I does sound interesting, though.

But just to add, the fragrance that I want to fullfill the "rose" category in my stash does not have to be all that masculine. Actually, I think Rose Pivoine is listed as a feminine.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The two most beautiful roses (I detest either green roses or roses that turn out to be rose geranium) I have encountered are:
    Une Rose (Edition Frederic Malle)
    Oha (Teo Cabanel)
    Both are at least on the verge to the feminine, but the latter is such a classic feminine make-up.
    I still have Amouage's Homage on my to-try list, but we'll see...

Thanks Larimar for the rec's. I will look into Oha. I cannot seem to be able to sample FM Une Rose yet.

I don't think PdN's Rose Pivione will work. Its hard to say. It just seems so average. I mean, its nice...but, not that good. I'm more impressed with Montale's Deep Rose. Also, I have not tried Homage from Amouage. But Lyric Man is quite good as well.

Again, thanks for the help.

More HERE
    Please PM me !