Code of Conduct

Default it stinks!! My Wife Hates it! People hate it!!! Dogs hate it!! But i love it!!!

is there any scent in your wardrobe tht fits this criteria>? mine is Francesco smalto PH!!
    Last edited by jenson; 1st August 2008 at 09:04 PM. Reason: it stinks!! My Wife Hates it! People hate it!!! Dogs hate it!! But i love it!!!

Default Re: it stinks!! People hate it!! My Wife hates it!! My Dog Hates it!! But, I love it!

Yes! A few but the standout is.....Creed's Bois Du Portugal. The family runs from it. I'm not sure what the cat thinks though....

Default Re: it stinks!! My Wife Hates it! People hate it!!! Dogs hate it!! But i love it!!!

Yatagan!
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...

Default Re: it stinks!! My Wife Hates it! People hate it!!! Dogs hate it!! But i love it!!!

Oud !

My colleagues find this scent absolutely disgusting (except the one living in Dubaï ) but my cats and my partner are mad with it ...
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Im with Evogel on this one. I love Bois du Portugal but my family hates it. So I can only wear it when I'm not going to be around them.

Even Black aoud got more love after a few wearings.

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Yes! A few but the standout is.....Creed's Bois Du Portugal. The family runs from it. I'm not sure what the cat thinks though....
    man! isit?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Yatagan!
    ohh, tht one has intrigued me beyond imagination...need to sample it!

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Oud !

My colleagues find this scent absolutely disgusting (except the one living in Dubaï ) but my cats and my partner are mad with it ...
    aah well, we basenoters are a diff breed altogether

Miel de Bois, I used to love it, hardly anybody else did. Recently, I have started to share their views on it.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Definitely Aramis 900. I've posted about this before. I really like it, but my wife won't come within 10 feet of me...

Sur la Plage

My partner and friends don't like Dior Homme. But I wear it any way
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I love Green Irish Tweed. My wife can't stand it. She hates the fact that I have so many bottles of it. She loves all my Creeds but that one. She can't believe Creed would put out such a "gross" fragrance.

My girlfriend really doesn't like Dior Homme or Coney Island from the bottle. She hasn't smelled either on me but I've already told her they're safe from being sold from my wardrobe I don't know if I'll ever wear one of them if I'm going to be around her a lot when I have enough options that I know she loves.

I can't say I wouldn't be able to go on without either, but I do like both enough that they're safe from the sale block!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Black Aoud - My wife can't stand it...my friends look at me funny..even the lady in the elevator gave me a harsh look.

But I still love it.

Basenotes Plus

A third problem with Bois du Portugal! My girlfriend hates it but I love it. Other than Havana, she also does not like any of my tobacco frags.

I get a lot of negative reaction to the original Stetson.

Quite interesting observation? is there somethign wrong with us?? i mean, look at the list...it's Bdp, Dior Homme, Black Oudh, GIT, Yatagan, Aramis 900...all some of the most reverred ones here in BN....

My partner and a good friend I work with both hate Piper Nigrum, but it's one of my very favorites. (Yes, I know - another case in which a basenotes favorite is scorned by others. Maybe we need to start a commune!)
    Last edited by Tonyprince; 1st August 2008 at 11:36 PM.

Francesco Smalto
    ...... it stinks!! My Wife Hates it! People hate it!!! Dogs hate it!! But i love it!!!
    and I hate it too !!! but only the first strange hour of it .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Blog Entries

Only Big K, the civet monster, is forbidden in our house. Wife hates it. Mice run from it. Cats want to make love with it. And dogs want to chase it up a tree. But ah luuuuv it. Mmmm, mmmm, good.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Only Big K, the civet monster, is forbidden in our house. Wife hates it. Mice run from it. Cats want to make love with it. And dogs want to chase it up a tree. But ah luuuuv it. Mmmm, mmmm, good.
    Yes, YES

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

There are days in my life when I just want to be alone, when I don’t need any kind of conversation, when I am sick of the people… on these days I wear Givenchy Gentleman… and I am pretty sure that no one will approach to me… even insects flee from me these days…
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

My dog used to avoid me when I wore Bulgari Black. She was always much more friendly to me when I wore my boozy fragrances. In retrospect, perhaps she was a bit of a drunkard, that little beast. I sure do miss her.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 15th May 2010 at 03:05 AM.

My soon-to-be-ex-second-wife hates 1881, but we're divorcing so I don't give a monkey's backside what she thinks.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    There are days in my life when I just want to be alone, when I don’t need any kind of conversation, when I am sick of the people… on these days I wear Givenchy Gentleman… and I am pretty sure that no one will approach to me… even insects flee from me these days…

LOL

I have never worn G.Gentleman outside my room.

Quote Originally Posted by LuciusVorenus View Post
    LOL

I have never worn G.Gentleman outside my room.
    third that, my freind once commented "did you booze?"

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

LMAO !! :bounce: .. keep enjoying it :bounce:

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Basenotes Plus

L'Huere Bleue edp, my husband hates it. I used to wear it to bed every night until he said "What's that god awful stench?" I left the room in tears. There's something wrong with the man, I swear.

Not to worry....I purchased the parfum & guess what, no complaints.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Several:

Hammam Bouquet: My wife tolerates it. But along with Creed Millesime Imperial, it is my signature. She claims it smells like clean baby butt.

Guerlain Vetiver: A scent my wife cannot stand.

Polo by RL: Another one that I love, but my wife shuns like the plague.
    "If a perfume stinks, it's a disaster when she turns off the light." - Jean-Paul Guerlain

I've never had anything but negative comments on Iris Silver Mist. I don't get it, I really don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    I've never had anything but negative comments on Iris Silver Mist. I don't get it, I really don't...

ahh such is life...

What a timing Jenson !!!

For the last few days I was thinking of starting a similar thread about how much my wife hates Black Aoud.

Everytime I put it on my wife says ...she can't breath...its nasty.. its too strong... its disgusting... it smells cheap... she feels sorry for my coworkers who have to put with this smell....etc etc..

but I like it
    Last edited by achanna; 3rd August 2008 at 02:45 AM.
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

Basenotes Institution

Cumming by Alan Cumming got me very strange looks from my husband, when I had a decant of it last year.

I wore Lutens Borneo 1834 from a sample and recieved alot of negative reactions from people at work. Acutally to be honest i didnt like it either. One lady smelled it over my cube and came out of her way to ask if that was me that stunk. . .unfortunatly it was Oh well it is still fun to try new things

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    ah, i would definitely want to be around you. i love patchouli...

harper

I wore M7, and was told it smelled like a men's public restroom. This response came from a female friend, so I am sorta wondering why she would know what one would smell like...

Lyn Harris's Cuir d'Oranger. My wife says it makes her nauseous. I tell her she's overcome with passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    LMAO !! :bounce: .. keep enjoying it :bounce:
    That is funny. In fact, I couldn't stand in for awhile then it grew on me. Same with my wife.

Blog Entries

Eau D'Hermes.

she really hates it....says it "smells like shit!".

that's why i'm selling it

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    i cant understand why the females around me just hate fahrenheit
    That because its a pretty disgusting fragrance. I put a sample of this on in the store once and when my wife got within 10 ft she made a weird face asked "what stinks?"

On keeping with the topic I'd have to say CdG's Harissa; this is a fragrance that my wife just does not like at all but I like it.
    Last edited by surreality; 7th August 2008 at 05:09 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I love Green Irish Tweed. My wife can't stand it. She hates the fact that I have so many bottles of it. She loves all my Creeds but that one. She can't believe Creed would put out such a "gross" fragrance.
    I know the feeling, my family does not care for many of the Creeds, I love Royal English Leather and sometimes I feel like the only one who likes it anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    My girlfriend really doesn't like Dior Homme or Coney Island from the bottle. She hasn't smelled either on me but I've already told her they're safe from being sold from my wardrobe I don't know if I'll ever wear one of them if I'm going to be around her a lot when I have enough options that I know she loves.

I can't say I wouldn't be able to go on without either, but I do like both enough that they're safe from the sale block!
    Fail. She won. They're sold.

DB7, you do realize this is a 2 year old thread right?
    Last edited by jrd4t; 15th May 2010 at 12:58 AM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Kouros, Yatagan, M7, Oscar Pour Lui,

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Fail. She won. They're sold.

DB7, you do realize this is a 2 year old thread right?
    Yea but I don't care, oldie but a goodie is what I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    Several:

Hammam Bouquet: My wife tolerates it. But along with Creed Millesime Imperial, it is my signature. She claims it smells like clean baby butt.

Guerlain Vetiver: A scent my wife cannot stand.

Polo by RL: Another one that I love, but my wife shuns like the plague.

Man, I'm lucky on that. My wife just LOVE Guerlain Vetiver and Polo on me. GV is my signature fragrance, so everybody is happy around here!
    Last edited by ricardohmedina; 15th May 2010 at 01:47 AM.

OUD TOO?

Assam Black, Oriscent
    Pure Oud, By Killian - this one not so much
    Oud 27, LeLabo

The weird thing is I really like all of these especially the finish. But the opening scents are kind of powerful.

PdN Patchouli Homme

I absolutely love it, and everyone around me hates it. It is...intense, but still - what's wrong with these people??

One Man Show! I love it. I think its hilarious to wear it inappropriately. although i usually only wear it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Cumming by Alan Cumming got me very strange looks from my husband, when I had a decant of it last year.
    My brother thought it smelt like grass and I've gotten some great compliments on it. Skin chemistry, maybe.

Only thing I know is Lui by Mazzolari. I've gotten "you smell like shit, literally". I ended up selling my bottle. I loved it but I could have never pulled it off, you'd have to be ultra masculine, buff, hair chested and have a beard to get away with wearing it, but guys like that wouldn't be caught died in a fragrance. *weird*.

The entire family despises Guerlain Vetyver. This, I can understand.

They can't stand Allure Homme Sport as well! This, I will never figure out why.

Everyone hates it on here but Armani Attitude Extreme

most oud oils but especially Indian ouds
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!