Code of Conduct

Default Versace The Dreamer still being sold

This is to dispel the thread recently on The Dreamer being discontinued.

It's on the Neiman Marcus current Web site:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D24560
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th May 2010 at 10:04 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Versace The Dreamer still being sold

Thanks Primrose. It is unfortunate that a few guys on here just seem to jump the gun and think they can post misleading info. I suspected the Dreamer is still being sold in all kinds of shops. It sells quite well. Heck, it was being sold at a grocery store here last year.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Its here on webshops everywhere too but it can be just old stocks... B*Men is also still in online shops but its discontinued..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    Thanks Primrose. It is unfortunate that a few guys on here just seem to jump the gun and think they can post misleading info. I suspected the Dreamer is still being sold in all kinds of shops. It sells quite well. Heck, it was being sold at a grocery store here last year.
    That seems like a bad sign rather than good

Post Thanks / Like

A rep from fragnet told me otherwise. Plus if you click the link it says "Expected to ship no later than: Date Unavailable" So they could just be waiting for the bigger bottles to go and that's all. Neiman Marcus doesn't really discount their stuff, especially a fragrance online -- which could be misleading and make you think it isn't discontinued. I haven't seen it in department stores out here (for years really) I actually hope you're right because I can use a bottle.

I have a part-time at perfumania and I can assure you it is still on our shelves. Matter of fact, we got two in shipment last week.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Its here on webshops everywhere too but it can be just old stocks... B*Men is also still in online shops but its discontinued..
    Says who? Not the company that produces B*Men.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

The last time I visited my Sephora they still had this in stock.....Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Says who? Not the company that produces B*Men.
    I believe B*Men is discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And what inculcates that belief in you? Perhaps some communication with Thierry Mugler itself? I would love to hear the source that leads you to believe it, and spread that belief.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I believe B*Men is discontinued.
    Last edited by Mudassir; 18th May 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And what inculcates that belief in you? Perhaps some communication with Thierry Mugler itself? I would love to hear the source that leads you to believe it, and spread that belief.
    Well for one, it says on here that it's discontinued if you go to its corresponding page. Two.. most Basenoters know that it's been discontinued. Three.. the Theirry Mugler representative I spoke to when requesting samples told me it's been discontinued. Four.. it's off the shelves at most places and not sold in any Macy's, Dillards or Kohl's which are some of the main department stores in the US. The only place you can really find it is online, or maybe @ TJ Maxx or Marshall's if you're lucky; though 2 years ago would have been a better time to search those places. So I think that's conclusive enough.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 18th May 2010 at 03:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is still listed on Thierry Mugler's website, and you can confirm by communicating with somebody at their corporate office that it is still in production.
    Stop spreading your conjectures and bringing in flimsy evidence and proclaiming "hence proved". The only thing significant you mentioned is talking to a TM representative. You are either making it up, or talked to an SA who happened to stand in front of TM bottles for whom something they do not carry any longer is discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Well for one, it says on here that it's discontinued if you go to its corresponding page. Two.. most Basenoters know that it's been discontinued. Three.. the Theirry Mugler representative I spoke to when requesting samples told me it's been discontinued. Four.. it's off the shelves at most places and not sold in any Macy's, Dillards or Kohl's which are some of the main department stores in the US. The only place you can really find it is online, or maybe @ TJ Maxx or Marshall's if you're lucky; though 2 years ago would have been a better time to search those places. So I think that's conclusive enough.
    Last edited by Mudassir; 18th May 2010 at 04:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very saucy!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Post Thanks / Like

It is still listed on Thierry Mugler's website, and you can confirm by communicating with somebody at their corporate office that it is still in production.
    Stop spreading your conjectures and bringing in flimsy evidence and proclaiming "hence proved". The only thing significant you mentioned is talking to a TM representative. You are either making it up, or talked to an SA who happened to stand in front of TM bottles for whom something they do not carry any longer is discontinued.
    Agreed. The most one can say is that they are concerned a particular fragrance will not be as readily available.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlexbroPA View Post
    That seems like a bad sign rather than good
    Not really, although I get that you may have been joking a bit. The grocery shop has a proper cabinet with all kinds of fragrance. Incuding Chanels, Givenchy ( Gentlemen included) and so many more. Actually, it looks quite kept. B*Men is one of the cheaper offerings.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    You can still buy this at discounters online. There are two boxes--I think the later image is the one with the galaxy design.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

B*Men is still stocked, quite prominently it would appear, at my local Macys.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm concerned, it's discontinued. I have no reason to "make it up". I was just on the TM site 2 weeks ago and didn't see B*Men for sale through them.

Is it not possible to buy this in any stores now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masterus View Post
    Is it not possible to buy this in any stores now?
    Still not 100% sure on The Dreamer, I do see some department store websites selling it, but it could just be final stock. I've been meaning to call up Versace in NYC, their main US office is there, but I lost the number, I'll have to look for it.

As far as B*Men goes, to my knowledge it's been discontinued. It may be on the website but not on the American version of the site, nor have I seen it in any major department stores in years, but who knows.

The best way to find out the real deal is to call up the company themselves, they can provide any details to you.

Post Thanks / Like

^ I just REALLY think that Thierry Mugler (whether intentional or not) has incredibly inconsistent, and sometimes downright poor distribution practices. I still see B*Men at my Macy's (not hidden either).
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

depends on supply and demand there are some discontinued frags that have high supply and low demand that one can still see in stores, other frags might have had low supply to begin with and high demand and you cannot find it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is absolutely hilarious...We're really arguing about nothing. The Cologneist was only sharing information he got from a reliable source, whether it was erroneous or not. Let's just put both of these rumors to rest since its apparent that both of these fragrances are still being sold readily at malls and local vendors.

B*Men and Versace Dreamer have not OFFICIALLY been discontinued. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    This thread is absolutely hilarious...We're really arguing about nothing. The Cologneist was only sharing information he got from a reliable source, whether it was erroneous or not. Let's just put both of these rumors to rest since its apparent that both of these fragrances are still being sold readily at malls and local vendors.

B*Men and Versace Dreamer have not OFFICIALLY been discontinued. Done.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/250...=1#post1895655

Well, if Bmen wasn't discontinued, someone ought to change the info on it's page in the Basenotes directory which says it is discontinued.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123322.html

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really love to give B*Men a shot before buying it, it sounds interesting. I've done some searching and can't find anything anywhere at any store, nor any decants/testers from reliable sources. Has anyone seen it anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it has been reformulated, and the very annoying and overly sweet tobacco note has been toned down.

It is unique, I will give it that.
    -

I hope The Dreamer isn't discontinued. I just found this frag and wouldn't want to have to do a stock up just yet.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    I hope it has been reformulated, and the very annoying and overly sweet tobacco note has been toned down.

It is unique, I will give it that.
    They did. At least the bottle I bought last weekend. They weakend the formula. The lasting power sucks BIG TIME now..... like 2 hrs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    This is to dispel the thread recently on The Dreamer being discontinued.

It's on the Neiman Marcus current Web site:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...stid%253D24560
    I bought a 100 ml bottle yesterday!!! I had to order it, I bought it in a small shop.

It was still at my local Ulta the last time I checked a couple weeks ago.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com