Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Need a new fragrance: vanilla

Im looking for something thats more for warmer weather, but is also sweet + strong. im going to end up wearing A*men alot in the summer, atleast at night, but i want something for the day...but not A*Men sunessence. i want something more vanilla-y, but NOT aquatics. i've been thinking Givenchy Pi possibly? also if theres a good one with both vanilla and vetiver, id be very interested in that

Default Re: Need a new fragrance: vanilla

Hanae Mori (HM for men). Lemon and vanilla. Very long lasting and strong on those two notes.

Sounds like you want Fahrenheit 32, unless you don't like mint (the mint isn't very strong though).

Caron - Pour un homme = Lavender & vanilla. It is a great fragrance and you can get it at a very reasonable price.

Guerlain - Shalimar = Goes from fresh bergamot to soothing oppopanax and vanilla.
    Knize Ten !

Dior Homme Intense (to leapfrog the great Dior duck!)
    Baldessarini Strictly Private

you should try Givenchy Pi Neo and Play - great for summer days and evenings.

Fahrenheit Absolute ?
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

+1 on Dior Homme Intense.

Also check out Guerlain's L'Instant Pour Homme. Light citrus top, vanilla and cocoa gourmand + woods. The Extreme version is heavier on the vanilla and might be worn in summer using a light touch on the sprayer. (?)

If gender labels don't bother you, you might try Shalimar Light. The top is lemon, but the rest is very, very, vanilla. You'd expect such a fine marshmallow-y vanilla to be quite sweet, but it's actually rather dry. It avoids becoming cloying and is fine for hot weather. As an edt it has decent sillage and longevity. Shalimar Eau Legere / Shalimar Light comes in two discontinued versions (check ebay, etc.), but it's still sold as Eau de Shalimar. The original Eau Legere lasts a bit longer.

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by Mr. Bon Vivant; 18th May 2010 at 10:21 AM.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Sur la Plage

Fat Electrician by Etat Libre d’Orange

Notes include vetiver, vanilla bean, opoponax and myrrh.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Summer Edition is what you're looking for.

As to vanilla and vetiver, I can suggest two:

Le Labo Vetiver 46.
    Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe. Really a vetiver and coffee scent, but definite vanilla note in the base.

I can't say I think I would strongly recommend either of these, but they are certainly worth sampling.

I haven't tried Fat Electrician, but it did come to mind as well from reviews that I have read.

I wouldn't recommend Pi. I think it is too sweet. And what smells like vanilla here is benzoin.

You might like V pour Homme. I liked it when I tested it, but it is at my upper limit for sweetness.

Hermes Rocabar has vanilla in it and I used to wear this quite a bit in the summer. It is a classy scent.

Racer

Sounds like all you need is a bottle of L'occitane Eau Des Baux. Nice smokey vanilla that is great for the summer and won't knock everybody within your vicinity out.

As for Vanilla and Vetiver combo. Try Fat Electrician by ELDO.
    Last edited by Granola; 18th May 2010 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granola View Post
    Sounds like all you need is a bottle of L'occitane Eau Des Baux. Nice smokey vanilla that is great for the summer and won't knock everybody within your vicinity out.
    I concur with Eaux des Baux. A strong vanilla, sweet base.

Also, the Guerlains have their famous vanilla, though they are subtle:

Habit Rouge
    Mouchoir de Monsieur (wait to get past the civet-y topnotes...)

For stronger vanilla:
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Spiriteuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    By Killian Back to Black, a vailla pipe tobacco scent
    Last edited by Primrose; 18th May 2010 at 12:51 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    +1 on Dior Homme Intense.

Also check out Guerlain's L'Instant Pour Homme. Light citrus top, vanilla and cocoa gourmand + woods. The Extreme version is heavier on the vanilla and might be worn in summer using a light touch on the sprayer. (?)

If gender labels don't bother you, you might try Shalimar Light. The top is lemon, but the rest is very, very, vanilla. You'd expect such a fine marshmallow-y vanilla to be quite sweet, but it's actually rather dry. It avoids becoming cloying and is fine for hot weather. As an edt it has decent sillage and longevity. Shalimar Eau Legere / Shalimar Light comes in two discontinued versions (check ebay, etc.), but it's still sold as Eau de Shalimar. The original Eau Legere lasts a bit longer.

Happy hunting!
    I seccond recomend Shalimar Light. It`s a great citrus vanilla for summer. Not heavy, but not faint too. It has a great lemonpie aura to me, soft and citrusy.
    I`d also point on that directon Allure Edition Blanche. This one has a great sillage and longevity on me and it has a vanilla and lemon aura nice for summer.

For a not expensive alternative, you can also try Desire for a Man by Dunhill. This one is to me a sort of vanilla and apple summer scent.

Sorry, I mention this every time a Vanilla thread pops-up, but l'Artisan's Havana Vanille is the most beautiful Vanilla-centered frag I've ever experienced. It's just heavenly!

Rochas Man, perhaps? Available at Sephora for sampling.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    Sorry, I mention this every time a Vanilla thread pops-up, but l'Artisan's Havana Vanille is the most beautiful Vanilla-centered frag I've ever experienced. It's just heavenly!
    I can concur

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

+ 2 for Eau des Baux.

You should try Pi though, if the accord and not the ingredient is more important. Lovely woody "vanilla", i would say.

Another rec is Jil Sander's Man Absolute. A more vanilla-dominant concept comparable with Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, but on a mellower scale.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!