Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default Jo Malone - Cologne Intense Collection

From nstperfume.com:

Jo Malone will launch the Cologne Intense Collection in August. The Collection includes four fragrances, Amber & Patchouli, Oud & Bergamot, Rose Water & Vanilla and Iris & White Musk, “inspired by the great fragrance traditions and ingredients of the Middle East”. All four scents were developed by perfumer Christine Nagel.

Amber & Patchouli ~ a spicy woody fragrance with a “supple, suede-like finish”. [Notes include amber, patchouli and guaiac wood]

Oud & Bergamot ~ a “fresh interpretation” of oud, with bergamot, orange and lemon. [Additional notes include cedar]

Rose Water & Vanilla ~ a modern version of traditional Arabian Rose Mokhalat, with rose, vanilla, neroli and petitgrain.

Iris & White Musk ~ with iris, musk and Casablanca lily.

The Jo Malone Cologne Intense Collection fragrances will be in 100 ml for £80.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Jo Malone - Cologne Intense Collection

I can say that I'm interested on the four fragrances, but amber & patchouli and Oud & Bergamot are the ones that caugt my attention. I'm just waiting that someone try and say his/her impressions about this one...

I asked at my local JM store and was told they will only be available in certain JM stores to start. At a later date may move to all stores. My store is one of those not getting them. They did sound interesting to me.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I must admit I am excited about the Rose Water and Vanilla.

The Scented Salamander (blog) has reviewed the Iris and White Musk and the Rose Water and Vanilla.

Blog Entries

Interesting.

They're also releasing the limited-edition UK-only White Tie & Tiara as a Neiman Marcus exclusive in the US in a couple of months, apparently. It's a fund-raiser for the Elton John aids charities.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

This is good news, as I find most JM scents too light for the price they command. I will have to try.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Amber & Patchouli and Oud & Bergamot are of interest to me. I called the Jo Malone online sevice today and they didn't know anything about them. Sigh...

Oud and Bergamot - oh my, oh my, oh my. I sure am hoping my local JM store gets this in.

There are about 3 flagship stores in the area that carry JM, so hopefully at least one will pick these up!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sur la Plage

These are now available online at Jo Malone: http://www.jomalone.com/templates/fr...ion-_-intense2
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thanks for the tip petruccijc.
    I guess the skads of indoles of their Orange Blossom and the squeaky clean/sublimely skanky Lime Basil and Mandarin always hinted at the potential for Jo to disappear into the souk. These four sound fantastic.

FYI: In the 1996 film The Day Trippers Parker Posey's character is named Jo Malone.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 6th July 2010 at 01:46 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Looking forward to trying these out - Rosewater and vanilla and the Iris one . Thanks Joe !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

I'm looking forward to trying these. Although I have a feeling Jo's definition of Intense may be different than Joe's definition.

I am interested in all of these, but am curious especially about the Oud & Bergamot, as a "fresh interepretation" seems to me to be counterintuitive.

Thanks for sharing!

ooopps! Nevermind.

Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th July 2010 at 05:53 PM.

Tried some the other day , the Amber reminded me immediately of Armani Prive Ambre Soie , but overall didn't think much of them .The SA said they were EdT but with 10-12 % fragrance base in them , to be honest went off Jo Malone years ago after the EL buy out and they started to put out a fragrance every new moon it seemed !! Think there are better more interesting fragrance houses around.

I very much enjoyed Oud & Bergamot... a citrus twist on Tom Ford's Oud Wood (the same synthetic oud component used in Ford's creation is also used here). Its more of an "oud interpretation" as opposed to an oud scent.
    I cant speak of it being an "intense" fragrance in terms of longevity or projection though. It lasted approximately 4 hours on me. Still, if the price tag (approx $230 AUD) was a little more modest, I would have likely sprung for a bottle.
    The others in this series were lovely too, but didnt appeal to me as much as O&B did.

I'd like to try that Rose Water & Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I'd like to try that Rose Water & Vanilla.
    Rose Water & Vanilla is very pretty... like Keiko's Loukhoum.

This small article was in the paper the other day regarding the new collection

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...fragrance.html

I tried 3 out of the 4 at Saks the other day, they didn't have the tester for Oud & Bergamot. I'm always on the lookout for a new amber scent, I wasn't impressed with the wimpy Amber & Patchouli. Rose Water & Vanilla was pleasant, but certainly nothing exotic. Too be honest I can't even remember Iris & White Musk. Hopefully Oud & Bergamot is the most interesting of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    Tried some the other day , but overall didn't think much of them .
    Same here. Found them boring.

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else smell these - I can't find them anywhere in Miami? Samples (usually easily found online) seem nonexistent.

I've tried all of these. They all seem to go on very strong and then practically disappear within minutes. Awful.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I've tried all of these. They all seem to go on very strong and then practically disappear within minutes. Awful.
    Even though you didn't enjoy them, were they in the style of other Jo Malone fragrances? Did you feel they were unique?

I see these are now on the Saks website. Anybody else try them?

I liked Rosewater & Vanilla and bought it. No regrets, and sillage and longevity are wayyyyy above average. Very comfortable too.

Still *adore* Oud & bergamot. A big compliment-getter for me.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    I see these are now on the Saks website. Anybody else try them?
    I was wondering if we'd ever see these on US shelves, thanks for the heads up. They all sound sample-worthy.

Would you say this Intense line is Unisex? I want to try the Rose Water and Vanilla, among others in this Intense line, but hope it's not too feminine. Also, is it available in the smaller size or just the bigger size?

Quote Originally Posted by eMCizzle View Post
    Would you say this Intense line is Unisex? I want to try the Rose Water and Vanilla, among others in this Intense line, but hope it's not too feminine. Also, is it available in the smaller size or just the bigger size?
    I think these intense line fragrances were originally aimed at men. RW & V is no olde gentleman fougere nor a sporty aquatic in any way, but IMO it is absolutely suitable for a man. Plus you're going to be the delight of girls. Not that I would care for that myself, but this is the classic gourmand that girls seem to generally like.

Saw a 30ml of Oud & Bergamot on ebay the other day. Can anyone confirm whether they're releasing the entire line in this size? I sure hope so!