Code of Conduct

Default Summer Fragrance Help Needed Please

Hi People,

Hope all is well.

I'm currently looking to invest in fragrance for the summer and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

I'm an 18 year old student, and this summer will be out often, so i'm looking for a fragrance that would turn heads. (preferably something not citrus.)

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Summer Fragrance Help Needed Please

Avoiding citrus is a good idea if you want to stand out this summer. But what other criterion do you have? Do you want something strong and daring? Or do you want something subtle that makes girls get a little closer to smell you?

My personal recommendation (and my summer signature this year) is Altitude by Swiss Army. It's fresh and young, and softens very nice.

DeepSilence

Bvlgari Aqua, Deep by Davidoff, Chrome by Azzaro, L'Eau Par by Kenzo

Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    Avoiding citrus is a good idea if you want to stand out this summer. But what other criterion do you have? Do you want something strong and daring? Or do you want something subtle that makes girls get a little closer to smell you?

My personal recommendation (and my summer signature this year) is Altitude by Swiss Army. It's fresh and young, and softens very nice.
    Looking for something i can wear after the gym whilst out daily. And yes, something that makes girls get a little closer to smell you.

A few more suggestions i could sample?

What are your thoughts on Hot Water?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    Bvlgari Aqua, Deep by Davidoff, Chrome by Azzaro, L'Eau Par by Kenzo
    Thanks Hamid, will sure try them.

I haven't tried Hot Water yet. But one thing I've learned the hard way is that getting to excited about newer frags is not always the way to go. Most of the better scents are the ones that have stood the test of time: familiar names like Boss Bottled, Cool Water, Azzaro Chrome, etc. The lady at the store will try to get you excited by the new inventory, and some of it is nice, but the old standbys are the safe bets.

If you want something to make girls get a little closer you might want to try another fave of mine: the Original Swiss Army (Classic). Don't put on too much. When it softens it forces people to get closer to you! And it's not too expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with a good vetiver. My recommendation is The Different Company's Sel de Vetiver. It's got Haitian vetiver and a "salty" vibe which is supposed to mimmick the salty smell of skin after a day of tanning at the beach. The perfect summer fragrance, in my opinion.

Citrus is a big part of many summer frags, so you knock out many great choices. Even though Chrome has some
    citrus notes listed, to me, it's more of an ultra clean soapy cologne than you traditional lemon or watermelon
    frag. I've had some pretty impressive response to that one in the summertime. I'd highly recommend giving
    it a test.

I agree that Chrome is nice. And no one will hate it. Worth a look.