Code of Conduct

Default Introduction to basenotes and question/help for 16 year old male looking for fresh frag?

Hi,

I'm new to basenotes forums and I've just recently really been getting into fragrances. I'm looking for a fresh citrusy/fruity aromatic fragrance(s) to be my signature scent in high school or perhaps just a good fresh fragrance for some days because I plan to expand my collection later on =). I currently own the following:

Lacoste Essential- This one's okay for the first few hours on me but I dont really like the drydown but i Have gotten compliments on it though.
    Sean John I Am King- The one I've used the most since its really citrusy.
    Sean John Unforgivable- Probably my favorite fresh scent out my very small collection lol.
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche- I liked it when I first smelled it but my mother and sister seem to absolutely hate it. I heard very good things about it but they gave me such harsh feedback Ive never worn it to school..
    Burberry London- My favorite fall scent so far.
    Burberry Touch- I havent really worn this one enough
    and AMEN Pure Malt- which was a blind buy. I like it but it seems really out of place when I wear it at school even on cold days.
    (Creeds MI)- I never owned this one but I sampled it and its favorite fragrance that I've smelled (maybe because I haven't smelled that many) Idk I love the watermelon/melon note

That aside, what I'm looking for is, like I said above, a fresh citrusy aromatic fragrance that isn't too complex nor too simple. Also, a plus would be if girls find it pleasing as well. Any and all recommendations are welcome! Oh and if you have one it'd be really helpful if you compared it to something really simple since I'm really really bad with note listings. For example someone in another thread said Allure Sport smells like an orange creamsicle. Comparisons like those are easy to follow.

Anyways thanks! and sorry for the long post.

Default Re: Introduction to basenotes and question/help for 16 year old male looking for fresh frag?

Hi, I'd suggest (if budget is not a huge issue) L'Eau d'Artisan from Artisan Parfumeur. It's a traditional citrusy cologne, but with more natural juice than usual, and with some well-balanced herbal elements which make it *not* smell like some air freshener and/or cheap.

Dependent

Default Re: Introduction to basenotes and question/help for 16 year old male looking for fresh frag?

Hi, try Concentree d'Orange Verte from Hermes. Smells of juicy, cool, oranges and a wee-bit of herbs, woods and greens.
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st May 2010 at 03:49 AM.

Animale for Men
    Last edited by Asmo; 21st May 2010 at 06:15 AM.

Escada Sunset Heat is good for a citrusy fragrance.

Hello, i'm new too

As matthewfow, i'd suggest you to try some Hermes. I love "Eau d'Hermes" , it's fresh, light but still original with a particular cumin scent.
    Last edited by Mon-Petit; 21st May 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Hi thxdiamond13 -

A few fresh scents that I really like are:

-Allure Homme Sport
    -Perry Ellis Platinum
    -Versace Pour Homme
    -Ralph Lauren Romance Silver
    -True Religion (actually more vanilla than fresh)
    -Republic of Men by Banana Republic (they have small 10 ml bottles for $10 at their stores)

Alright I'll look into these. Thanks for the responses!