Code of Conduct

Thread: Wings for Men

Default Wings for Men

Anyone ever hear of or try this fragrance? I got this from my mom who picked up a small sample pack from Target. It came with Grey Flannel, Drakkar, Halston z-14 and PS by Paul Sebastian.

When I first sprayed Wings I immediately thought of Cool Water but this has something a little "more." I would actually by this over Cool Water any day. It has excellent sillage and decent longevity. For those who have not heard of this frag I highly recommend testing it!

Default Re: Wings for Men

I wore Wings for a while back in 1998. Pretty powdery and soapy to me. Bought it at Sears actually. I didn't know much about frags at all back then. Then I bought Chrome after noticing it was what my "cool" dormmate wore, and the rest is history
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

I don't get anything powdery or soapy from this scent at all! I am going to give this a few more wearings before I officially decide if I am going to buy a bottle of this stuff. Thanks for the input

I like Wings as a scent in the sense that I would wear it if I were younger. I would not, however, wear it now. It smells like cotton candy to me. This was the last scent from Giorgio Beverly Hills, my #3 fragrance house, and worthy of the brand. But it is for boys.

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    I like Wings as a scent in the sense that I would wear it if I were younger. I would not, however, wear it now. It smells like cotton candy to me. This was the last scent from Giorgio Beverly Hills, my #3 fragrance house, and worthy of the brand. But it is for boys.
    Well then, at 47, with the modest wardrobe i have, i must still be a boy . I just bought a bottle of the original Giorgio BH Wings today, 16 years after my first bottle. the memory of its goodness never left me, i guess. Regardless of its cheapo image today, it is still a good frag, IMO. Fortunately i am comfortable enough not to be bound by ageism, price or reputation re scents, but take each product on its own merit per my nose.

I recommend Wings to those who like fresh scents, and look forward to quality time with my bottle.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

it is a very long lasting fresh scent.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the powdery or cotton candy references at all, and I've never understood what soapy means.
    I class it as the same sort of scent as Eternity, with a bit more lasting power and sillage than Eternity - and that's no mean feat.
    Renato

I like this and remember when it was in the department stores.....A very nice fragrance with Great lasting power.....I still have a bottle and enjoy this every once in a while.....Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i own it...maybe ill wear it more in the summer, but right now its just meh. its like a clean, sort of freshly washed/dried clothes that were washed with a good detergent. other than that its kinda lame to me

Wings is some weird concoction of lavender and mint that really does not work.

A coworker of mine wore it when I worked at a mall during the summer. He smelled fantastic and to my surprise it was Wings; a scent I often overlooked/laughed at in the bargain bin.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Wings.

My wife suggested this saying she really liked it so I got a mini and was pleasently supprised. I too overlooked it often.

I've been planning on getting a full bottle but other things keep coming up (like Yatagan this week).

I like to wear it when lounging around. To me it is a crisp, invigorating, cool, clean scent.

fountain

i remember the sweet cotton candy wings from years ago. i liked it a lot but i cannot remember its longevity. can anyone pls help? are we talking 8 hours or 10 hours+?

THis is a real gem. Very clean and sweet bargain frag..that is amazing..AGE has nothing to do with fragrance. Wear it. i love it and have a bottle always. good stuff

vita odorifera
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    ....are we talking 8 hours or 10 hours+?
    Definitely 8+ hours, when sprayed on skin under clothes.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

To me it was chemical/synthetic, unbalanced/rough, and nothing special even if you could get beyond the negative qualities.

A fantastic scent for sure!!! Way better to me than Cool Water!!!
    Gary

This seems to be a frag that works well with certain kinds of skin chemistry. If you think a lot of frags you sample are weak, try this one !

Post Thanks / Like

Phew, I thought this was going to be something to do with Libra...

I tried this once and I didn't like it at all.

I am with Renato on this one. It has always reminded me of Eternity (and for me thats a good thing). Considering how inexpensively it can be purchased, its a genuine bargain.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually interested if anyone can say that wearing it is a different experience than wrist sampling it. I have only sampled it in stores, spraying it on my wrist, and though I thought it has potential it smelled so synthetic that I never bothered buying a bottle and actually wearing it. Is this one of those that morphs into something great when it's worn (like Giorgio For Men)?
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Whats wrong with libras!!!!

shamu1: When I tried it, it never changed, for hours. But that's my skin chemistry, so that's why I think the good reviews must be by those with very different SC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    Whats wrong with libras!!!!
    No, no, no - look up Libra Wings - you'll see what I mean...

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I'm actually interested if anyone can say that wearing it is a different experience than wrist sampling it. I have only sampled it in stores, spraying it on my wrist, and though I thought it has potential it smelled so synthetic that I never bothered buying a bottle and actually wearing it. Is this one of those that morphs into something great when it's worn (like Giorgio For Men)?
    Don't expect anything like Giorgio for Men.

I was never a fan of this one. I find it to be just another ho-hum fragrance in the way too long line of fresh scents.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    I tried this once and I didn't like it at all.
    Same here.

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    thank you perfaddict. am i right in thinking, otherwise it does not last as long?
    greeting

hehe!! ok ok ..i was goingtosay...LIBRAs ROCK!!!

fountain

Originally Posted by perfaddict:

thank you perfaddict. am i right in thinking, otherwise it does not last as long?
    greeting

fountain

Originally Posted by perfaddict:

greeting

fountain

bump