Code of Conduct

Default What is your favorite perfume bottle color?

I love my perfumes, however their original bottles are lackluster. I have begun depoting them into beautiful crystal bottles. It's easy.
    When I pick the bottle up, it is like holding a large gem. It helps in this stressful world, by adding a small amount of beauty to my life. It makes me feel nostalgic and feminine, it makes me smile. I think the fragrances deserve a beautiful bottle. So far I have pink, red...hard to find, lavender. Hope to acquire blue and green. I match the crystal bottle to the fragrance mood. What is your favorite color and thoughts on the subject?
    Last edited by icy; 18th May 2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Subject size change

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your favorite perfume bottle color?

Several thoughts from a non-collector of bottles:

1. Perfumes have less exposure to air if they remain in their original spray bottles. I would think they'd deteriorate faster if decanted into a splash type container. But of course, some perfumes' original packaging is splash to begin with.
    2. If I did decant into a splash container, I'd want the size of the receiving bottle to be in line with the volume of perfume being put in, so that there would not be a lot of head space with air (again, to reduce deterioration.)

I do enjoy looking at blown-glass perfume bottles at craft boutiques, though. I think I like the ones with multiple colors best.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 18th May 2010 at 02:06 PM.

I agree. That is why I buy the ones with the smaller chamber, and or they have a screw on dauber with a rubber seal. I can't put the original bottles on my dresser, even if the bottle were pretty due to them being clear.
    With the new bottles being colored, it help protect the fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

I love black bottles like the vintage Liu by Guerlain ,Arpege etc. I also think cobalt blue bottles are beautiful as in the Coque d'Or blue bow bottles also by Guerlain.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I like wired bottles, i collected three.

Un profumo affettuoso

I adore VIOLET... purple bottles.

Since I don't own or purchase any rare, expensive, limited-editions, collectible bottles, I am pretty much utilitarian about my fragrance, including its outer package and thus I tend to like far more, from the generic, serially produced, easily purchasable bottles the simple, plain transparent ones - so I can get a better look at the liquid inside them

I love black bottles. Black bottles with gold detailing. Things like Tom Ford's Private Collection and Guerlain's Liu are desgn-love for me.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I love black bottles. Black bottles with gold detailing. Things like Tom Ford's Private Collection and Guerlain's Liu are desgn-love for me.
    Yes Tom Ford's 'chess piece' bottles are quite something - the big 450 ml bottles are hefty and the SA told me they are of Baccarrat crystal ( not sure if that is true ! ) ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I too love nice bottles , I dont own anything fancy mind you . I do love the new blue glass Andy Tauer bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I love the elegant Tom Ford Black Orchid and the vintage Le Dandy bottles.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Im not a bottle collector...yet(?)
    If I was I would go for extravagant clear ones with a bulb sprayer.

I don't collect bottles either but I really like the colored ones, especially the cobalt blue ones. I think it does help the scent stay fresh longer too.

Blog Entries

I Like Red's Golds Oranges burgundy

I like brown and smoke-coloured glass. Black is nice, too, the Piguet bottles with their stark deco lettering, may be my favourite bottle design.

One thing is the color the bottle should be, and another your personal taste. For personal taste I think the Vetiver by Guerlain is the most beautiful bottle around. Now for the color the bottle should be, read my next entry
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 6th September 2010 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Made a mistake in the original

Light is one of the worst enemies of perfumes, so the ideal bottle should be of a dark color that allows little light (or none) to go through (also do not forget to keep your perfumes in a rather cool and dark place). The second factor to consider is the transparency of the bottle to let you know how much perfume is left, I hate to pick up a non transparent bottle of perfume and after one or two sprays to find out you have run out of perfume, so you do not get enough and can not apply another perfume over the one just applied, very frustrating!!!!!. In sum, it has to be transparent bottle but of a dark color, therefore, the ideal bottle color for me is the dark amber color of Halston Z-14/1-12

i like opaque "regular" crystal bottles like many lalique, i also like the dark blue crystal bottles.

on design (not color) , i like the sometimes very intricate Czechoslovakian bottles.

Smile Re: What is your favorite perfume bottle color?

Interesting topic here. Personally I like Green, then dark red, then aqua blue. But green is a favorite of mine. I like the looks of the classic Brut bottle, its so pretty. I think that's my main reason I enjoy green. The appearance of the bottles themselves defiantly do make life happier. Its a bit like art in a museum, you cant help but feel amazing within when you admire the colour and beauty. The bottles are very important and must be matched with the right fragrance.

If the bottle is empty, almost any color is better than clear... unless the bottle is of very bright crystal, has a great label, or is in a very interesting shape.

However, when there is perfume inside, I really prefer clear glass or a very pale glass color, since I like to see the perfume inside.

And if a bottle has a spritzer, I really prefer 'gold' hardware. A sparkly clear bottle, richly colored perfume and gold accents... that's nice!

I love cobalt blue bottles! I have some old apothecary bottles decorating the bathroom vanity.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Amber Gold

blue bottles

I love black bottles

I am partial to pink; my favorite example (Ombre Rose L'Original), comes in a fantastic octagonal frosted glass bottle:

Blog Entries

SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Red face Re: What is your favorite perfume bottle color?

I love my new perfume bottle, that is my last favourite...I can say that in my recent past i've never noticed much the bottle. I had for long time Armani night (that's not anymore purchaisable..), very new/modern bottle. Only now, with this new perfume I noticed the beauty..

http://a248.g.akamai.net/7/248/8278/...19412_hero.jpg

well actually i do not like any color on my perfume bottle because i like to see the natural color of the perfume or you can say i like to see how much is left in my bottle so usually i like the transparent glass for my bottle

i'd say .. black or transparent ..

or the black clear ones like paoc rabbanes black XS ..

I like really simple and elegant bottle. Usually clear bottles with a white label or black, brown, deep colours. Packaging is really important to me so it has a lot to do with why I buy that particular brand/bottle.
    ♥ Tom Ford Private Blends, Diptyque candles, Jo Malone, Frederic Malle, Auric Blends.
    Please let me know if you're selling a bottle of Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

Blog Entries

Although I like lots of different types, I LOVE milk glass, white or porcelain bottles.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Last edited by Descartes; 5th November 2012 at 08:05 AM.

i like the color dark brown so look like the very attractive .

I am not original! I adore Ford's and Killian's stylish strict black bottles . But the favourite - a gold cube Gardenia Isabey .

I love the very very light pink color and the shape of Giubileo perfume.

:-)
    PPL

Basenotes Member

any pretty colors, blues, violets, pinks, multicolors, any bottle that would resemble a magic potion bottle or something lol so any color

My favorite perfume bottle color is faint pink. It symbolizes Physical tranquility, love, warmth and survival of species.

Black glass.

Probably boring but I generally prefer clear. I like to see the colour of the juice.

I would like to have have my favorite perfume in pale pink color bottle.

I love blue and green glass bottles. I am currently on a search for some for my new vanity for a splash of colour (since most of my bottles are clear or white.

I just got this one and decanted my perfume into it:

I'm not so much worried about the light (the original bottle was clear anyway and my bedroom is shaded) and deterioration because this is my most beloved and often worn perfume. I will run out and need to buy more before it goes bad.