Code of Conduct

Default D&G Light Blue - My Defective Christmas Present

I bought a 100ml bottle of D&G Light Blue for my wife for Christmas (as well as one called Eva - the celebrity from Desperate Housewives).

Anyhow, my wife happily undoes the plastic wrapping, and to her surprise, the cardboard box beneath it falls apart everywhere where it has been glued together. And the glossy metal bit around the top is half gunked with something, and so is the cardboard near it - where the content has somehow leaked out.

I've never come across a defect like this before in scent bottles - and I've bought a lot of them. I am pretty annoyed and will be taking it back of course.

Has something like this ever happened to you?

Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 26th December 2011 at 10:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: D&G Light Blue - My Defective Christmas Present

No, but if you bought it locally it will be easy to return. Sadly, these days things get tossed around and miss-treated. It's always wise to save your receipt.

I just paid $100 for a good brand (KitchenAid) toaster oven from Target. When I plugged it in, no power. I packed it back in the box; tons of cardboard & foam, took it back. Before taking another one home we plugged in the next toaster in the store; it also had no power! A worthless toaster for $100. I ended up getting a $50 one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    No, but if you bought it locally it will be easy to return. Sadly, these days things get tossed around and miss-treated. It's always wise to save your receipt.

I just paid $100 for a good brand (KitchenAid) toaster oven from Target. When I plugged it in, no power. I packed it back in the box; tons of cardboard & foam, took it back. Before taking another one home we plugged in the next toaster in the store; it also had no power! A worthless toaster for $100. I ended up getting a $50 one instead.
    My wife had a similar problem - bought an expensive Russell Hobbs toaster for over a hundred dollars. Firstly it didn't toast evenly on both sides (amazing how many top end brands often do this). Then after about 9 months, the toast stopped staying down without any signs of the usual culprit namely bits of burnt bread stuck in the mechanism, thus rendering it useless. By that time the receipt was long lost.

Of course I had suggested she get the cheapish $27 toaster from a local super market, which at my old place had worked perfectly for several years and had browned the bread evenly on both sides as well.

Price doesn't seem to be an indicator of quality much anymore. Yes, my $27 toaster was much better quality than the supermarket's $12 toasters (which always brown unevenly). But my wife has now twice bought over $100 toasters that have failed fairly quickly. And I had bought $70 toasters and sent them over to relatives Italy (where their toasters are different). I thought all was well, till one cousin told me hers had malfunctioned from the beginning - and was always throwing the bread up in the air!
    But she had learned how to catch it.
    Cheers,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 27th December 2011 at 02:11 AM.

I recently bought a bottle of Shalimar. I had to get 50ml because I could not find 100ml ANYWHERE! Then, to my dismay, when I went to take the lid off, EVERYTHING came out with it - the stopper, the straw, you name it. It was a dabber bottle. I had to buy smaller even thought I didn't want to and this is the karma I get. I was appalled and decided to hold off on Shalimar for a few more years - this experience really ruined it for me. Thankfully, my SA took it back and did not give me ANY problems!

I have never had this happen.....Gary

No, not to me. Sounds weird that the cap was gunky though, like it was not just a spill.
    ~~~~ www.nascio.com.au ~~~~