Code of Conduct

Default Is this a fake D&G Pour Homme?

Hi.

I've received this fragrance that was purchased on eBay. It was in a sealed box.

I was very surprised to see that the bottom does not have a sticker/stamp.
    Also, the main sticker looks bad, both from the front and from the back (if you look through the bottle).

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

I did spray it a few hours ago at work. It smells authentic (from what I can tell), and it's been about 5 hours and I can still detect it on my wrist.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Is this a fake D&G Pour Homme?

ask for refund NOW!

I dont see air bubbles in the tube.. wich means it's been sprayed before.. but you took the photo's after spraying right? You know if there where bubbles in the tube when you unpacked it?
    unico grande amore.

Dependent

I remember there was a thread where someone had a similar problem with the quality of the label sticker on the bottle of D&G PH. I think it was similar to yours, and the conclusion was that it was legit. If it smells fine, I wouldn't be too worried, but if you prefer to have a bottle with a better quality label sticker, you can try returning it for an exchange.

My bottle,bought from an airport's Dutu Free Shop more than ten years ago,has exactly the same issue with the side sticker.On the other hand,on the base of the bottle there are two small lumps of glass and the sticker you mentioned is there.The base of the sprayer should have the same color and texture with the blue part of the cap too...
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

i got the one with just the Dolce & Gabbana pour homme written on it, without the rectangle sticker

but you might wanna do a little more research since i think its fake cause of the obvious label missing on the bottom

I dont see air bubbles in the tube.. wich means it's been sprayed before.. but you took the photo's after spraying right? You know if there where bubbles in the tube when you unpacked it?
    - Right, the photos were taken after spraying it. This was definitely an unused bottle, as I had to press a few times before the juice actually came out.

The base of the sprayer should have the same color and texture with the blue part of the cap too
    - It is the same color on this bottle.

on the base of the bottle there are two small lumps of glass and the sticker you mentioned is there
    - It has the 2 lumps (you just cannot see them on this pic)...but no sticker, of course.

I'm going to contact D&G about the bottom sticker.

There is a bottom sticker but mine has almost completely rubbed out after 4 years of use. The label is starting to peel too.

Why don't you just go down to your local Sephora and test it against one of those?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Looks authentic to me! It looks like an older bottle.. kinda like the one I had bought around 7-8 years ago. The sticker, from what I remember, is either a better quality now or it doesn't have one at all and has the stuff printed right on the bottle.

Looks exactly like my bottle circa 2007. Mine also has sticker on bottom but doesn't have lumps on the bottom, but it is legit. Got it from department store.

My bottle which was bought July last year at World duty Free@London Heathrow airport is slightly different. It doesn't have a D&G sticker, instead the words are engraved into the glass...similar to the Light Blue Pour Homme bottle. At the bottom there is a sticker. I think yours is older grey marker stock maybe.

Guys, the base/neck of my D&G PH sprayer is just metal and not plastic as described by one member. Maybe mine is a new bottle. Anyone else have this newer kind of bottle ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I know that the newer bottles have the "D&G EDT" writing stamped on the bottle, instead of the sticker.
    And apparently it's normal for the sticker on the older bottles to look kinda nasty.

What I don't get is, why is the bottom sticker missing? Which is suppose to be present both on newer and older bottles.

Well, if it smells like a duck

It looks good to me. And as Genvy5 says, if it smells like... Well then, seems like you've got no worries.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Hmmm, Well, if it's from EBay (Which I don't really trust at times) then it could be a fake, though theres no real way to distinguish at the moment, if it smells good then thats your best bet, do compare it with the original

Cheers!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I received D&G PH as gift, longevity is around 2-3 hours. The smell is some kind of generic. Cellophane wrap looks cheap, but the box and the bottle looks nice. Could it be really good fake?

If it smells like what it should then it's _ _ _ _
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

yours look real. Looks the same as mine and I can see the serial/item # from here too

Just came across this thread. I wore my D&G PH couple of days ago. My bottle is from 2005 and it has the sticker (D&G EDT). I easily get 8 hours out of it. I actually think it's one of my longer lasting fresh/summer scents. Could it be that the older bottles have stronger juice? Wouldn't be the first time that along with a change in bottle design the scent became weaker.

I bought one of those off eBay a couple of years ago the main sticker was like yours almost peeling...mine does have bottom sticker ..I paid like less than half price or so...never smelled it from sears or anything to compare scents ..I do like the smell and it does last but I don't use it much cause the fake thought sticks with me.

Better pic of bottom pic...pics are from phone with non still hand

Last edited by STi; 16th December 2010 at 02:04 AM.

Did you use toolhaus.org to see what kind of feedback the seller had? Or, if he is fairly new and only has a few, but is selling a bunch of commonly-faked ones, it makes no sense to take a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by seemon View Post
    I received D&G PH as gift, longevity is around 2-3 hours. The smell is some kind of generic. Cellophane wrap looks cheap, but the box and the bottle looks nice. Could it be really good fake?
    No dude, that is a real bottle of d&g pour homme. People gotta understand that the real stuff is made in germany too, not Italy. There are some fragrances made by d&g in italy, but pour homme is made in Germany.

Yeah it's fake real ones are made in germany not italy.

I had a real D&G PH, and the sticker was exactly like that.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    I had a real D&G PH, and the sticker was exactly like that.
    Hmmm... maybe the old style bottle, with sticker on it, was made in italy but the new one with the writing painted on the bottle is made in germany now. The d&g pour homme with the sticker label on it stopped being made in 2007 I believe. So if you have a bottle with that sticker label, its possible that its at least 5 years old. It's a fact that it's made now with a painted on label and is made in germany.

I was replying to Sti's comments. I was just on the site and just seen my reply was under a different picture.

Your bottle is the old style bottle. D&G pour homme is made in Germany now, so unless the old style was made in italy ,which your sticker says, then it's real.

Either Germany or Italy the fragrance is still the same and last about 8+ hours on my skin. I do not think P&G is going to play around with this fragrance for it is still a big money maker for D&G.

I agree 100 percent. This fragrance is number 4 on my top 10 list.

i asked the sales lady and was told that there used to be two factories manufacturing this scent (ie. italy and germany). subsequently, they closed down the italy factory. i tried both (vintage italy and germany) on each of my forearms. they smell slightly different (german one is more leathery, italy more soapy), but i cannot really decide which one i like more. i also saw the new version, but i did not try that as my nose was getting quite confused by then. sales lady commented i was a walking scent bomb... hahahhaa...