Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: Battle of the Creeds: Silver Mountain Water vs. Himalaya

Himalaya for me. I apply it on top of MI. My skin seems to love the combo.

Bumping up the thread :
    Deciding between smw and Himalaya....even though it's the same millesime vibe ..both are quite diff. To my nose...I find smw a bit on the chemical / synthetic notes side than Himalaya...which might be due to the heart notes of green tea and blackcurrant...but it does give a chemical / aluminium vibe...himalaya is more smoky and I find it more unique a more worthy creed...somewhat similar to GIT......but still diff. Enough to be bottle worthy ......any thoughts from the recent batches...as this thread is last posted in 2012....
    Last edited by Himalayan odyssey; 30th August 2015 at 12:03 PM.

my cousin has two small samples of this and himalaya. i sprayed each on the back of my hands. i cant for the life of me remember which one i sprayed on which hand, one smells crisp and clean and fresh like you just stepped out the shower while the other had a slight lemon/citrus kick to it. i was trying to determine which one i was going to get but the one i like the most is the one that smells really crisp and fresh. does anyone know if im describing silver mountain water or himalaya?

To me, Himalaya started decently, but quickly became powdery and screechy. It is overall a rather pedestrian fragrance.

I dont own SMW but it is definitely more unique and seems like it would have decent performance (but then again, I get 8 hours easily from Tabarome Millesime).

Truth be told I am surprised they are still making Himalaya, considering how little love and discussion there is around it. To me, Himalaya was a very blatant attempt at a "me-too" designer freshie, an effort they had more success with in Aventus.
    I can provide decants of anything I post about!

I own and enjoy both, and yes, they serve the same basic purpose. However, I find SMW a bit more casual, like something I would wear on the weekends and Himalaya seems a little more formal and better for work and more formal occasions during the warmer months. You can't go wrong with either, though.
    Currently wearing: Voyage by Nautica

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I love Himalaya. Just finished my 50ml bottle, which is quite rare in my case. Will be replacing it soon.

There is a strident note (tea?) in SMW i am not in the mood for, most times, although it is a very nice frag.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Himalaya for me. And I agree with the comment that it tends to be a bit more fromal than SMW, but still very versatile. As for SMW, I much prefer Xerjoff's Mefisto over it, which is in the same ballpark but just smells better to my nose.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

SMW is a very soft scent and has minimal projection off my skin. I mostly use it after a shower to get a refreshing feeling to start the day. Himalaya is heavier with a musky overtone imo. 2014 batches of SMW had a beautiful black currant accord which is all but gone now from the more recent batches I've tried. If you want others to smell you(and not solely for your personal use), then I'd go with Himalaya. The greatest basketball player to have ever played the game(MJ#23 of the Chicago Bulls and now owner of his own team)has been reported to use Creed's Himalaya(I could totally see him using it).

SMW a lot better IMO

I used to really love Silver Mountain Water. It was the first Creed I ever tried and I always really enjoyed it. I've feel as if I've kind of "went off" it recently though, and rarely find myself reaching for it, for whatever reason. I tried Al Rehab Silver a while ago, possibly that has something to do with it. Whilst the SMW is vastly superior in every respect IMO, I cant help but think of the cheap Silver every time I wear SMW, haha. Giving SMW a rest for a while and will revisit during the Summer. It might seem strange, but if you asked me today, I might say Himalaya, because of my recent SMW dilemma. But overall, of the two I'd still pick SMW. No question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    To me, Himalaya started decently, but quickly became powdery and screechy. It is overall a rather pedestrian fragrance.

I dont own SMW but it is definitely more unique and seems like it would have decent performance (but then again, I get 8 hours easily from Tabarome Millesime).

Truth be told I am surprised they are still making Himalaya, considering how little love and discussion there is around it. To me, Himalaya was a very blatant attempt at a "me-too" designer freshie, an effort they had more success with in Aventus.
    that's funny because i also own tabarome and honestly it doesn't last very long at all with me, maybe 4 hours max. it could be my skin or the batch i have or it could also be where i live (Miami).

I would buy Himalaya rather than Silver Mountain Water. I own and like both though

Silver Mountain Water, first Creed I got and will stay with me (hopefully) forever. Himalaya is a great scent in it's own right but I always have something I want to wear more.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Don't think much of either but I'd take SMW as a bit more interesting.

thought id reply back to this thread since i now have SMW in my possession. it seems that i may have gotten the wrong creed, well not really since i really do like it. it does indeed have a citrus opening to it but that dry down is to die for!!!! im guessing Himalaya is the one i was really looking for with the fresh, clean, just got out the shower vibe. placed an order for it last night and i should have it next week. guess the best thing out of all of this is that i inadvertently came off with two more creeds added to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by tre305 View Post
    guess the best thing out of all of this is that i inadvertently came off with two more creeds added to my collection.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    Silver Mountain Water, first Creed I got and will stay with me (hopefully) forever. Himalaya is a great scent in it's own right but I always have something I want to wear more.
    Likewise for me. Was my first Creed too. I baught two Creed samples to get squinted with the house, Aventus and the other being SMW and based on comparing both on each hand I preferred SMW so consequently baught a bottle. I've grown to like Aventus but it ain't no King. When I tried Himalaya I thought it was pretty nice, especially the drydown. I got a shaving cream vibe from it which I enjoyed.
    Ohh to be a, GOONER!