Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    DeepSilence

Default Re: When does smelling good turn into self centeredness/vanity?

Honestly, just wearing a perfume, shows we want to be in center of attention. else we can solve our problem just with a deodorant or antiperspirants.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 20th May 2010 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    Honestly, just wearing a perfume, shows we want to be in center of attention. else we can solve our problem just with a deodorant or antiperspirants.
    Hamid you are being ironic I hope? I wear a lot of fragrances for me ,just today all alone I wore "Une Rose" and sniffed in the rich beauty for myself. I don't care if anyone notices my perfumes even my husband. He often does thank-goodness but it's for my pleasure . I am not likely to be noticed by anyone unless I wore a light bulb on my head.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hamid you are being ironic I hope? I wear a lot of fragrances for me ,just today all alone I wore "Une Rose" and sniffed in the rich beauty for myself. I don't care if anyone notices my perfumes even my husband. He often does thank-goodness but it's for my pleasure . I am not likely to be noticed by anyone unless I wore a light bulb on my head.

Actually i know girls wear perfume just for itself. but just look at the top thread in Male Discussion! It's about which one got most compliments from females. I like fragrances very much. at home everyday i use to wear one of my collection for myself. But males want to be omnipotence totally.
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 20th May 2010 at 09:04 PM.

I think, in answer to the question, from the first time you wear fragrance. In itself, unless you are trying to mask hideous body odour, you are expressing a vanity.

Let us remember that the original reason for wearing fragrance was to mask the hideousness of poor body hygiene in the first place.

I wear fragrance because at heart I am something of a dandy and like to be noticed. I like wearing nice clothes, being well groomed and smelling great. People wear fragrances to feel special, good about themselves, which in itself is a vanity however you dress it up.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    You seem to be saying that wearing a scent somehow precludes you from properly smelling food or grass and trees in the park, at the very same time. I can't say I go along with that notion.

Don't forget - there are probably lots of trucks and cars driving by that park, and their fumes don't stop you smelling it.

Similarly, when you are sitting in front of a fine meal in a restaurant, it's not like the choice is between the odour of the meal and the odour of your scent. Instead it's a choice between the odour of the meal, the odour of your scent and the odour of dozens of people sitting around you.

Your brain automatically filters out certain smells. It will filter out your scent too, unless you keep focusing on it.
    Renato
    Oh yes. Exactly what Renato says.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    Look, it's all fun and games until someone accidentally moans "Shalimar" instead of her name during sex.
    LOL that's funny

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    Actually i know girls wear perfume just for itself. but just look at the top thread in Male Discussion! It's about which one got most compliments from females. I like fragrances very much. at home everyday i use to wear one of my collection for myself. But males want to be omnipotence totally.
    Oh errrrrrrrr,help only God is omnipotent !! If I wasn't married Hamid I'd stay celebate ...honestly not all men are Jeremy Clarkson types ( you have to be English to get that !! )

DeepSilence

Oh errrrrrrrr,help only God is omnipotent !! If I wasn't married Hamid I'd stay celebate ...honestly not all men are Jeremy Clarkson types ( you have to be English to get that !! )
    I know him. but i didn't get. you mean he is handsome, attractive? and most of men can't be similar him? I don't want to be like him, I have my own fans !!

Hi Hamid...no to many women he is horrible,all macho vile over testosterone type. Most women I know like the "new man" type. To be honest most of my male friends are gay ..and I am beginning to think "thank-goodness".

DeepSilence

Hi Hamid...no to many women he is horrible,all macho vile over testosterone type. Most women I know like the "new man" type. To be honest most of my male friends are gay ..and I am beginning to think "thank-goodness".

Hi Valerie