Code of Conduct

Question Escada Magnetism for Men: Input?

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123380.html

Hey gang, just curious what your impressions on this are. I watched a robes08 video whereby he mentioned it had a rootbeer/cola accord and my interest was instantly kindled.

One review at least in above link compares it to a stronger Armani Code which my nose doesn't get along with at all.

Any input?
    .Dave J

Default Re: Escada Magnetism for Men: Input?

Nothing like Armani Code. Cola, yes. Grape cola, specifically, with a slight metallic tinge. Dries down to a very nice spicy amber with a touch of leather. Synthetic through and through, but not really in a bad way. Longevity is slightly above average. It used to be my signature, and my girlfriend loved it, until I dropped the bottle and broke it
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 19th May 2010 at 04:17 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

With this one I find it is especially important to try and avoid the top notes. If you do, then you might find (as I do) that it doesn't smell as "synthetic" as it otherwise does.

Had a sample of this. Smells great and goes on quite smoothly. Just smells evenly all over you. Lasts all night too.
    There is no love in modern life
    There is no hope in modern life

I have to give that one another chance. As far as I remember, longevity was fine on me but projection was not quite satisfactory...

I don`t which synthetic note this one has, but on my skin this smells like glycerin kitchen detergent mixed with fake grape. I don`t like it at all, so I gave to my brother in law the partial bottle that someone give to me. On him, it smelled great, but on me, total disaster
    Last edited by rickbr; 19th May 2010 at 01:04 PM.

Sur la Plage

I am not fond of it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't think it's "like" Armani Code, i think it's the closest thing to compare it to. Code is a more stripped down version of it IMO with some differences. I find it to be more spicier than Code, I used to hate Magnetism because I wore it so much. It's not a bad fragrance at all, it just shouldn't be worn during summer and hotter months. I wrote a pretty bad review on it which I'd like to revise along with many other my reviews that I now have second opinions on.. I've tried several times to change a few of my reviews either with little changes or an entire different review as I would with Magnetism, to no avail though. My Magnetism review on there may be misleading so please ignore it as my opinions for it have changed. While it isn't my favorite, I find it to be rather synthetic smelling and very powerful which isn't very sutable for Florida weather most of the time. The smell itself is pretty nice.. as others have said -- it's like a grape juice/cola with spices yet is rather sweet. Similar consistency of Diesel Plus Plus (yet another review I need to revise completely) Magnetism is pretty unique in comparison to most of the mass marketers and every time I wore it I got a lot of compliments.. but do beware.. this stuff projects seriously in the first 2 hours!

Thanks for the replies gang. The robes08 youtube vid mentioned it's been discontinued so I might pick up a 50ml, not too expensive and I can probably get rid of it if it turns out I despise it which probably wont happen.
    .Dave J

I saw a 1.7 oz of this at my local Ross today for 19.99, so you may wanna stop by in there and see if they have any.

Though it's not the kind of frag I usually wear, I've always liked Magnetism and have never been without a bottle since I first bought it. It's a very modern scent and smells almost purely synthetic, which believe it or not is a good thing with this particular frag. It basically smells like a synthetic wood over a vanilla base, with a bit of a metallic feel overall. Sounds like a recipe for load of crap, but it actually works, and works very well.

I think I'll wear it tomorrow.

Extremely tempted to start wearing this fragrance. Smelling it on the card, impressed me with what I call "jagged notes"; instead of a smooth "chord", some notes stuck out above others. I think this sort of off-balanced effect might create unusual olfactory interest and customize itself with a person't chemistry.

A scent too perfect is boring.

I have a full bottle of this stuff. I hardly ever wear it. It has this note in it called brazilian
    peppertree. Whenever I wear it, I feel like I'm in some strange South American forest or something.
    It is supposedly an aphrodisiac as well. It certainly didn't have that effect on my wife. She said it smelled like her mom's perfume. Oh boy!

I'm still thinking about this stuff! Anyway, I don't think I would recommend this stuff to an Armani Code lovin' dude. Code is so easy to wear, while Magnetism just feels uneasy. Also, I get no "cola" or "grape soda" either. As far as I'm concerned, you may as well say that Terre d' Hermes has a "Sunkist" accord.

It's a great scent at an affordable price.

to me it smells like if you spilled a coke in a hamster cage...not fond of it either...ckin2u has a cola note that isnt too bad...i also found that christian audigier men in the blue bottle, not ed hardy, smells like cola too
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Just try it.

Smells like grape powder, cola, musk and leather. It's quite fantastic.
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by L'Aventurier View Post
    Just try it.

Smells like grape powder, cola, musk and leather. It's quite fantastic.
    What's grape powder?