Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    rickbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Has anyone tried this one? It sounds interesting:

    Woodsmoke, leather, a drift of tobacco. Night in the desert. Dark & dangerous, guaiacwood, cedarwood & juniper form the deep, exotic heart of this evocative fragrance, whilst patchouli and vetiver make a wonderfully long lasting base for the hauntingly sweet top note of agarwood or oudh, that most treasured of perfume ingredients.

    http://www.angelaflanders-perfumer.c...cart-oudh.html

  2. #2
    SoGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Nope, haven't tried any of them but I would certainly like to find a sample of Xanadu.

  3. #3
    rickbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Nope, haven't tried any of them but I would certainly like to find a sample of Xanadu.
    Xanadu is also interesting too. They sell samples in the site and the fragrances are not pricey at all.

  4. #4
    Sugandaraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    6,392
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Wow... I've never even heard of this line, yet there's at least a dozen I'm curious about now!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    My bank account does NOT thank me, but I am about to try Oudh Noir, blind, based on those notes.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Thanks for the tip. It's a great looking site and very tempting.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    SoGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    My bank account does NOT thank me, but I am about to try Oudh Noir, blind, based on those notes.
    You have to agree to fess up about it before your purchase . . . . it's a new rule.

  9. #9
    rickbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    My bank account does NOT thank me, but I am about to try Oudh Noir, blind, based on those notes.
    My account hates me for making her suffer so much lol As soon as my last samples order arrive i`ll buy some samples from this line to test and see if they are BTW.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Has anyone tried this one? It sounds interesting:

    Woodsmoke, leather, a drift of tobacco. Night in the desert. Dark & dangerous, guaiacwood, cedarwood & juniper form the deep, exotic heart of this evocative fragrance, whilst patchouli and vetiver make a wonderfully long lasting base for the hauntingly sweet top note of agarwood or oudh, that most treasured of perfume ingredients.

    http://www.angelaflanders-perfumer.c...cart-oudh.html
    Got my 50 ml bottle of Oudh Noir in yesterday, and it's quite interesting. The top notes are quite patchouli forward on me... and the other notes make me think of hikes through old coniferous woods, incensy agarwood and cedar...earthiness is quite like the moist earthy woody smell that you get when you turn over a rotting log and reveal the crumbling to bits red heartwood beneath. The patchouli and vetiver do make for a smokiness and perhaps at first a little "musty" odor that subsides fairly quickly. I'd say that this is more of a patchouli-centered scent than oudh, but the balance is pretty good and makes it a better deal in my world of woody patchouli scents than CB's Patchouli Empire (I think that's the name of that one.). Would be a great scent for sitting in front of the fire in a cabin or for comforting daily wear... if you're in the mood for deep dark woods.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

  11. #11
    rickbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    Got my 50 ml bottle of Oudh Noir in yesterday, and it's quite interesting. The top notes are quite patchouli forward on me... and the other notes make me think of hikes through old coniferous woods, incensy agarwood and cedar...earthiness is quite like the moist earthy woody smell that you get when you turn over a rotting log and reveal the crumbling to bits red heartwood beneath. The patchouli and vetiver do make for a smokiness and perhaps at first a little "musty" odor that subsides fairly quickly. I'd say that this is more of a patchouli-centered scent than oudh, but the balance is pretty good and makes it a better deal in my world of woody patchouli scents than CB's Patchouli Empire (I think that's the name of that one.). Would be a great scent for sitting in front of the fire in a cabin or for comforting daily wear... if you're in the mood for deep dark woods.
    Thanks for the excellent review actiasluna! How does it compare to other patchouli scents? I've recently discovered that I cannot stand some patchouli frags. For example, I loved Coromandel in the past, but today the opening of it is quite painful to me...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    rickbr... Oudh Noir is a bit of an enigma with the start...the top notes remind me of walking into a cabin in the woods, one that hasn't been opened up to the air for a while...A bit "dusty/musty/earthy..cedary". Compared to Coromandel's top it's not got the pipe-tobacco sweetness. Compared to CB Patchouli Empire it's not as "grassy/fresh"... The Oudh Noir top verges on a "bitter" mustiness that is not unpleasant, but would be if that were the only note to the scent. Definitely old wood. Then soon after that odd open, the patchouli comes in beneath a little sweeter almost tealike, with a slightly leathery tobacco note.. Where Coromandel goes all sweet, and Patchouli Empire stays grassy dirty "hippy" patchouli, the woods and vetiver in Oudh Noir take the scent in an entirely different direction. I likened it to a walk through a dark coniferous wood rather than Coromandel's breezy hillside picnic or Patchouli Empire's organic herbal tearoom full of every sort of patchouli. It's more along the lines of Montale Black Aoud without the rose or musk, and without the almost oleaginous thickness of the Montale.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

  13. #13
    rickbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    São Paulo
    Posts
    2,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    rickbr... Oudh Noir is a bit of an enigma with the start...the top notes remind me of walking into a cabin in the woods, one that hasn't been opened up to the air for a while...A bit "dusty/musty/earthy..cedary". Compared to Coromandel's top it's not got the pipe-tobacco sweetness. Compared to CB Patchouli Empire it's not as "grassy/fresh"... The Oudh Noir top verges on a "bitter" mustiness that is not unpleasant, but would be if that were the only note to the scent. Definitely old wood. Then soon after that odd open, the patchouli comes in beneath a little sweeter almost tealike, with a slightly leathery tobacco note.. Where Coromandel goes all sweet, and Patchouli Empire stays grassy dirty "hippy" patchouli, the woods and vetiver in Oudh Noir take the scent in an entirely different direction. I likened it to a walk through a dark coniferous wood rather than Coromandel's breezy hillside picnic or Patchouli Empire's organic herbal tearoom full of every sort of patchouli. It's more along the lines of Montale Black Aoud without the rose or musk, and without the almost oleaginous thickness of the Montale.
    Thank you! You gave me an excellent reference, Black Aoud is a scent that I really enjoy, it'd be interesting something in that way but without rose or musk. I'll buy a sample as soon as I can (waiting, as usual, a lot of fragrances...)

  14. #14
    AromiErotici
    Guest

    Default Re: Oudh Noir - Angela Flanders

    Has anyone worn Xanadu? That's the one I'm most interested in at the moment.

Similar Threads

  1. Montale Oudh/non Oudh - micro mini views from 16 samples - complete..
    By jenson in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12th August 2008, 09:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •