Code of Conduct

Default Don't you hate it when you can't afford a fragrance ?

Amouage, Clive Christian, Xerjoff, Tom Ford Private Blend, others.

I'm not saying that they aren't worth the money, nor that I think they should sell it cheaper, because they target 'loaded' people, that's called marketing.

But don't you hate it when you can't afford them ?
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Default Re: Don't you hate it when you can't afford a fragrance ?

Dude, don't I know it! Vetiver Pour Elle, might be my holy grail, but at 225$ + shipping, I can't afford it!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

That's what decants are for! I vary what I wear enough that I don't really need to own a full bottle of anything. For the more expensive full bottles that I do own (mostly Bonds) I sell decants to help defray the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by grm215 View Post
    That's what decants are for! I vary what I wear enough that I don't really need to own a full bottle of anything. For the more expensive full bottles that I do own (mostly Bonds) I sell decants to help defray the cost.
    I agree with grm. Decants are the best way to enjoy a non affordable fragrance. Specially because what may be your dream today can transform into a nightmare after some uses. I`ve already loved and being crazy for some fragrances (Rousse is one example) that today I don`t like. With a decant you have a better amount to give a better test and see if it is or not a a FBW.
    And you can always check for used bottles for a better price or auctions on ebay. I`ve bought on xmas my Jubilation XXV for half the price on ebay, for example.
    I don`t know the size of your collection, but if you start shopping a lot there`s a point that you have enough fragrances to save some money for a time and buy a bottle in the future. I don`t believe that there`s anything that you can afford, but somethings you have to make some sacrifices to have them.
    That`s why decants help you, since you can make a better analysis and see if it`s worth the sacrifice.
    What I really hate is when I have the money but I cannot find anyone that ships it to me for a affordable price. To me this is worse than not being able to afford buying something that you want.

If you really love something then save up for it and treasure it , you'll enjoy it even more

Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    If you really love something then save up for it and treasure it , you'll enjoy it even more
    That's what I think. If you really love it, then you should have the whole bottle, not just a decant.

Now we're talking! In fact, I am so hooked on fragrances that I would consider spending the equivalent purchase price of two new mid-range cars just for my frag wardrobe.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Waiting to be able to afford a bottle is one of those things that inspire one to keep on "climbing the ladder of life". That has been my experience. Time was when i would just have been able to drool at Clive Christian, Amouage, etc, frags. Now, its up to whether i like them or not. Fortunately fpr me, i didnt have the opportunity to come across them in shops all the time.

I personally believe there are a lot of frags in any price brackets which can give real satisfaction. those currently beyond reach today will in future become those we have and yet dont wear often.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    yea or sell other things to get the money for it lol

If I love it enough proportionally, I will buy it. If its worth it, it doesn't bother me at all.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.