Code of Conduct

Exclamation Is this real? (London Special Edition)

I bought Burberry London Special Edition @ Ross earlier today, but I have no experience with Burberry and if they make fakes. As you can see in the pics below.. there's some Arab lettering on the bottom of the box which made me suspicious. I've never seen this before on a fragrance. Also the way the bottom is.. it's upside down.. the barcode and everything should face the other way. The bottle itself.. the cloth is stuck to the bottle and doesn't move up and down like I've seen on the original, the cap snaps closed but can easily spin around while closed. The serials on the box and bottle do match up; am I just being paranoid? I have no experience with Burberry London so this is why I'm asking.

Also the juice itself is clear. When I sprayed one spray on my arm it didn't project very much, is this supposed to be this way? The smell itself smells very natural and reminded me of fig leaves and tree bark, is that out of the ordinary? Thanks for any feedback guys!

Default Re: Is this real? (London Special Edition)

Your bottle is good, I believe. My bottle is exactly the same; I don't know if mine has the Arabic, but the rest looks the same. And it does not project that much. IMHO, it is basically a "Burberry London Summer Edition".

Aren't those letters always on Burberry fragrances? I could have sworn I've seen it on London when I owned it. Looks legit to me. I am wondering if I should pick it up if I see it but you said it doesn't project much.
    Last edited by Ronin; 19th May 2010 at 05:46 PM.

^^ Ya it was 29.99 for 3.3 oz @ Ross. I didn't know it was different form the original juice? I thought it was just a different appearance??

Guerlains have Arabic labels, and in other languages, too.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Re the Arabic label, it's found on all the legitimate designer frags over here, from Hermes to, well, whatever - on the box, bottle, and/or cellophane. Maybe it's overstock from the Middle Eastern market?

From the above it seems your bottle is good, so I wouldn't worry about it.

"For use outside [the body] only."
    Last edited by Mr. Bon Vivant; 20th May 2010 at 07:25 AM.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    Maybe it's overstock from the Middle Eastern market?
    I don't even think it's that - a large drugstore chain here in the UK (the one that isn't Boots or Lloyds) stocks it and, Cologneist, your description matches it exactly as far as I can tell from looking in the cabinet (I haven't bought any).