Code of Conduct

Red face Help find a mystery scent?

I got sprayed by cologne in the bathroom at a club one night and have been searching for it ever since. I would just go back to teh club but It was while I was on vacation so thats not possible. I cannot remember what kind it was, Im thinking it could have been in a squareish bottle and might have been a yellow colored cologne. What I do remember is the next day when I woke up, It was a very strong scent. It smells like le male to me but with other things added. I want to say its le male with some nice pipe tobacco and woody smells. I am new to the cologne terms so please excuse my ignorance. I went to a few shops t hat sold retty much every cologne imaginable but after smelling le male, the white bottles le male and cuba gold, my nose was fried and could not tell the difference between any other scents after that. So that idea did not work. Does anybody have any ideas? I am thinking the name he told me was something short, I wish I wasnt so drunk that night because I really wish I could find this cologne, it was the best scent I have ever smelled. So thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and possibly even offer some suggestions.
    Have a great day everyone!!
    -Scott

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: Help find a mystery scent?

The Dreamer by Versace?!

Sweet, tobacco'ish and in a square bottle.

It could be although I do not recognize that bottle, it looked more like http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/M...0.5,0&fmt=jpeg it was a smallish square bottle similar to that. I do remember that the scent was VERY potent. stronger than le male I must say. and the scent stayed strong on my shirt for days until I did laundry. (of course I wasnt wearing the same shirt for days lol) is there any way I can get samples of cologne? I bought some le male sample spray for $1 on ebay but arent these give aways?

it also had what I would say a nice sweet woody smell perhaps?

oh, sorry to keep posting but I also remember that the bottle wasnt that appealing and the name sounded simple and not too fancy. Actually, are there any tommy hilfiger colognes that have any of these scents? Or even a hip hop/rap artist cologne that has the scent Im describing? ETERNITY by Calvin Klein has a bottle that I think might be it but does this smell like what I have described? Once again, thanks everyone.
    Last edited by csWolf; 19th May 2010 at 07:36 PM.

Michael Kors for men, perhaps?

It's a lot woodier/tobacco/fruity than Le Male, but has a similar texture.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

No, but thanks for the suggestion. Is there a website that sells samples? I think the best way would be to just keep testing. I found a few websites but they have fixed shipping rates. I cannot see paying $5 shipping for a 75 cent vial. also, what do you think about Eternity? The bottle looks very similar. Are there any sean jean colognes that have this smell? I really think it was a 2 part makers name

I'm just curious how you know it isn't the Michael Kors. It fits all of the descriptions you've given so far:
    The smell, the shape of the bottle, the color, 2 part designer name that isn't particularly interesting, etc.

Oh, heres'a picture of the smaller sized bottle, which would be even closer to what you were describing.

edit: Eternity is nothing at all like Le Male.

Here's another thought, although to me it is nothing like Le Male (but is definitely woodier, and strong!): Chanel's Platinum Egoiste. Another thought: the original Gucci Pour Homme.

edit #2: another, better idea. Dolce & Gabbana pour homme. This is sweet, vanillic, tobaccoy, lemony, and quite strong.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 19th May 2010 at 08:09 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Im not saying it definitely isnt it. Its just that the name doesnt sound familiar to me at all. are there any samples I can order? Ill give it a try, and I apologize if I came off as being rude by not thinking that this is the cologne.

btw have you smelled any of the other colognes I mentioned before?

azzaro ph?

Given that it was a club, I really think it may have been Dolce & Gabbana PH. That's a popular scent that fits well with the clubbing scene. Also, the bottle for it is similar to Eternity in shape and profile, and it seems you've found Eternity to be the closest thing to match your recollection of the mystery bottle.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 19th May 2010 at 08:13 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

anyone know where to get samples of all of this stuff? btw, the club was the spearmint rhino lol so they had a ton of different colognes.

have you ever smelled eternity before though?

Another possibility is D&G The One. Has the tobacco of D&G, but sweeter, although I can't imagine this scent as lasting for days.

I've sampled Eternity and while it does have very good longevity I don't think it is anything like Le Male at all.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Thank you everyone for the names. I will have to write them down and go to the cologne store at the mall. Ill post as soon as I get a definite scent! Once again thank you everyone!

Blog Entries

The juice is more green than yellow, but Gucci Envy perhaps?